Gipsies target Marco
ITV stepped up security at Hell's Kitchen yesterday - as hundreds of gipsies threatened to protest outside. They were incensed after chef Marco Pierre White used the offensive word "pikey" on Thursday's show.
Marco told maitre'd Nick Munier that blue kitchen's effort had been "a pikeys' picnic" Nick replied: "Yes, it was very pikey." (more here...)
Former Blue singer Lee Ryan was so angry about the use of that word he complained and later walked out.
Furious John Lee, 51, from Reading, Berks, said yesterday: "I am a Romany gipsy and I find the word pikey very insulting."
Show sources said gipsies had threatened a protest outside the studio in East London.
ITV said those on the show had been told the "derogatory racial" word was unacceptable.
- Commentary: Time for a European Union Army
- EU Court of Justice: EU Member State courts can instruct Facebook to delete illegal posts, including insults
- Czech PM says Government will not change the financing conditions for nonprofits drawing EU money
- Czech Finance Ministry proposes all EU financing for social projects be provided ex-post, which could cut nonprofits off from those resources
- VIDEO: Brussels demonstration by Romani people
- England: Czech emigré of Romani origin establishes boxing team for children from the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- EU anti-fraud authority Hungarian program for Roma supported by EU funds has never worked and should be investigated
- Czech EP elections won by governing ANO party ahead of the Civic Democrats and Pirates
- Gabriela Hrabaňová: The EP elections will influence our lives
- England: Requiem mass held for Věra Bílá, the Queen of Romani Music
- MEP of Romani origin Soraya Post asks ROMEA TV: How can Czech President Zeman be so stupid?
- VIDEO: Roma Week in the European Parliament continues with a conference about antigypsyism