Hindus and Jews term Roma deportations from European countries as “blatant apartheid”
Hindus and Jews blame European Union of apartheid and racism in view of recent reported expelling of Roma people by various European countries.
Rajan Zed, Hindu statesman; and Rabbi Jonathan B. Freirich, prominent Jewish leader in Nevada and California in USA; in a statement in Nevada today, pointed out that references to Roma people reportedly went as far back as ninth century CE. How many more centuries Roma had to reside in Europe to prove that they were “real and equal” Europeans like any other, they asked.
Zed, who is President of Universal Society of Hinduism, and Rabbi Freirich, argued that instead of apologizing for centuries of maltreatment to Roma people; Council of Europe, European Parliament, and other European Union bodies were looking the other way to these deportations of Roma people, openly ignoring their moral obligation to take care of their largest and most disadvantaged minority.
According to reports, French President Nicolas Sarkozy recently announced dismantling of 300 Roma and travelers camps and expelling them; Germany deporting German-born Roma children to Kosovo; Sweden and Belgium expelled Roma blaming them for something or the other; forcible mass deportations of Roma from Denmark—this was openly a violation of human rights of Roma, who number around 15 million, Rajan Zed and Jonathan Freirich stressed.
Europe’s most persecuted and discriminated community, Roma reportedly regularly encountered social exclusion, racism, substandard education, hostility, joblessness, rampant illness, inadequate housing, lower life expectancy, unrest, living on desperate margins, stereotypes, mistrust, rights violations, discrimination, marginalization, appalling living conditions, prejudice, human rights abuse, etc., Zed and Freirich said.
Thomas Hammarberg, Commissioner for Human Rights of Council of Europe, said sometime back: “Anti-Gypsyism continues to be a major human rights problem in Europe – governments must start taking serious action against both official and inter-personal discrimination of Roma”.
- Czech Gov't says it will not receive any more migrants on basis of EU quotas
- EU ministers approve plan to suppress hate on the Internet
- Harvard survey over 15 years finds Czechs are Europe's biggest racists, critics question its methodology
- VIDEO: Discussion of International Romani Day at the European Parliament
- Czech Senator embarrassingly falls for satire claiming EU wants to change the Czech alphabet
- Central and East European NGOs critique EU Member States barring asylum-seekers
- Analysis: The German parliamentary elections and refugee policy
- EU FRA: 80 % of Roma in Europe at risk of poverty, 85 % of Roma in the Czech Republic are discriminated against
- The Dalai Lama speaks about Havel's legacy, significance of the EU during Prague visit
- European Roma Spirit Awards: Impreuna, Roma Education Support Trust, Romea.cz, Spišský Hrhov, Sabiha Suleiman
- Analysis: How extremism has changed over time
- Czech PM: Hate attacks in UK after Brexit are future of Europe if EU falls
on 17 July.
Czech tabloid fraudulently tells readers CCTV footage of theft in Chile was from Ostrava - antigypsyism is the response18.7.2017 7:16
Ninety years ago the Czechoslovak authorities issued law on "wandering gypsies", took fingerprints for "gypsy identification cards"15.7.2017 14:13
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.