Hindus and Jews term Roma deportations from European countries as “blatant apartheid”
Hindus and Jews blame European Union of apartheid and racism in view of recent reported expelling of Roma people by various European countries.
Rajan Zed, Hindu statesman; and Rabbi Jonathan B. Freirich, prominent Jewish leader in Nevada and California in USA; in a statement in Nevada today, pointed out that references to Roma people reportedly went as far back as ninth century CE. How many more centuries Roma had to reside in Europe to prove that they were “real and equal” Europeans like any other, they asked.
Zed, who is President of Universal Society of Hinduism, and Rabbi Freirich, argued that instead of apologizing for centuries of maltreatment to Roma people; Council of Europe, European Parliament, and other European Union bodies were looking the other way to these deportations of Roma people, openly ignoring their moral obligation to take care of their largest and most disadvantaged minority.
According to reports, French President Nicolas Sarkozy recently announced dismantling of 300 Roma and travelers camps and expelling them; Germany deporting German-born Roma children to Kosovo; Sweden and Belgium expelled Roma blaming them for something or the other; forcible mass deportations of Roma from Denmark—this was openly a violation of human rights of Roma, who number around 15 million, Rajan Zed and Jonathan Freirich stressed.
Europe’s most persecuted and discriminated community, Roma reportedly regularly encountered social exclusion, racism, substandard education, hostility, joblessness, rampant illness, inadequate housing, lower life expectancy, unrest, living on desperate margins, stereotypes, mistrust, rights violations, discrimination, marginalization, appalling living conditions, prejudice, human rights abuse, etc., Zed and Freirich said.
Thomas Hammarberg, Commissioner for Human Rights of Council of Europe, said sometime back: “Anti-Gypsyism continues to be a major human rights problem in Europe – governments must start taking serious action against both official and inter-personal discrimination of Roma”.
- EU Justice Commissioner kicks up her heels in Brussels after Romani theater performance from the Czech Republic
- Germany: More than 200 000 people protest discrimination, neo-Nazism and racism
- Czech PM says Government not satisfied with pace at which EU funds are being drawn
- France: Le Pen and Co. continue to embezzle EU taxpayer money
- Czech PM, in speech about EU, says migration problems have caused a rise in extremist politics
- Italian Interior Minister insists on "census" of Roma despite criticism
- Italian Interior Minister plans to deport Romani people, opposition calls the plan repugnant
- Czech PM says migration must be addressed beyond Europe's borders
- Germany is coping - three years after the immigration wave, 25 % of refugees have jobs
- European Commission presents new form of EU Social Funds after 2020
- Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?
- EU Agency for Fundamental Rights finds Czech Republic the place that rejects Romani people the most
Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council call on public broadcaster to hold a real debate about Romani issues16.10.2018 10:58
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.