Hungarian Roma activist, former member of European Parliament emigrates to Canada
Roma rights activist and Hungary’s former MEP Viktoria Mohacsi has left the country to settle in Canada, daily Nepszabadsag reported on Friday, citing unnamed sources close to the politician.
Under the previous, Socialist governments Mohacsi worked as ministerial commissioner in charge of the integration of children from Roma communities or living in deep poverty. She was delegated to the European Parliament by Hungary’s liberal Free Democratic Party, which has now become virtually defunct.
Mohacsi is known to have left the country in December to apply for political asylum in Canada. Back in 2009 she had applied for police protection due to serious threats she had received. Several sources told the paper that Mohacsi could not find a position and was struggling with financial problems.
Nepszabadsag has not been able to contact Mohacsi.
- Ukrainian court remands two juveniles into custody for murderous pogrom against Roma, Canada and USA condemn the racist violence
- Slovak Romani people travelling to visit relatives not allowed on planes in Warsaw, some have lost their life savings
- Canada: Czechoslovak Roma express support for Romani celebrity and condemn Czech support for xenophobic band
- Czech Republic: Canadian education expert says only an inclusive school is a really good school
- Hungarian city pays Roma to move away, they are emigrating to Canada en masse
- Canadian Muslims condemn Islamist radical violence, now face increased aggression themselves
- Canadian media: Czech visas lifted for EU trade agreement
- Hungary urges EU members to present Roma plans
- Youth Response to Xenophobia and Racism in Europe: Guidelines
- Jewish, Roma youth meet in Hungary
- Controversy over comments about Roma by Hungarian far-Right leader
- Neo-Nazis gather in Budapest for the so-called "Day of Honor"
Czech court finds author of death threats against human rights defenders committed a politically-motivated hate crime14.11.2018 8:46
Czech archaeological samples yet to find exact location of victims' mass grave at Romani genocide site12.11.2018 18:07
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.