Hungary: Romani duo from Slovakia win the "X Factor" music competition
The Romani singing duo Claudia and Ricco, who are originally from Slovakia, have won the "X Factor" music competition in Hungary. The magnificent finale to the famous television show was broadcast Saturday.
"Thanks to their great performance, our talented duo made it to the final shootout with the other competing duos," Slovak news server Topky.sk reported. The performers did not conceal their joy and enormous enthusiasm when they learned they had won.
This was not Claudia and Ricco's first X Factor. In 2014 they captivated audiences when they competed in the version of the franchise broadcast in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, coming in second place.
- Slovakia: Nominations begin for Roma Spirit 2017 under auspices of President Kiska
- Slovakia: Meet Erik D., Romani street artist
- Romani fashion designer wins one million Czech crowns, will launch brand
- Belgian edition of TV competition "The Voice" won by 13-year-old Romani girl from Slovakia
- Pavlína Matiová: I'm happy when I can sing in Romanes
- Main hero in the next Batman film will be Romani - "Nightwing" to call attention to the rights of Romani people
- Romani celebrity walks out in protest after neo-Nazi singer and his band win second place in Czech music awards
- Romany girl Cher Lloyd has the X Factor
- Slovak Education Ministry establishes expert team focused on solving problems with the education of members of national minorities
- Czech health official's ignorant claim about COVID-19 response in Romani settlements in Slovakia prompts pushback from MEP
- Hungarian Supreme Court: Romani children deserve financial compensation for school segregation
- Slovakia: Six more inhabitants of Romani settlement test positive for COVID-19, are relocated to facility
- Karolína Bánomová: Saste Roma – Info pal o koronavirus can be trusted about COVID-19, ignore the brainwashing conspiracy theories
- Slovakia: COVID-19 still spreading in Roma settlement, quarantine center will be built there and across-the-board testing undertaken
- Slovak Interior Ministry Inspectorate begins prosecution of officer who assaulted Romani children
- Commentary: CNN Prima begins its Czech-language broadcasting with stereotypes about Romani people
- Slovakia: Three Romani communities in Krompachy out of COVID-19 quarantine, movement restrictions only remain in Žehra
- Slovak MEP from Romani community strongly condemns police beating of Romani children in quarantined settlement as unacceptable
- Slovak PM says local Roma who completed COVID-19 quarantine are role models for the country
- Czech media falsely accuse Romani mourners of breaking the law after cemetery employee calls police