Hungary: Romani duo from Slovakia win the "X Factor" music competition
The Romani singing duo Claudia and Ricco, who are originally from Slovakia, have won the "X Factor" music competition in Hungary. The magnificent finale to the famous television show was broadcast Saturday.
"Thanks to their great performance, our talented duo made it to the final shootout with the other competing duos," Slovak news server Topky.sk reported. The performers did not conceal their joy and enormous enthusiasm when they learned they had won.
This was not Claudia and Ricco's first X Factor. In 2014 they captivated audiences when they competed in the version of the franchise broadcast in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, coming in second place.
- Slovakia: Nominations begin for Roma Spirit 2017 under auspices of President Kiska
- Slovakia: Meet Erik D., Romani street artist
- Romani fashion designer wins one million Czech crowns, will launch brand
- Belgian edition of TV competition "The Voice" won by 13-year-old Romani girl from Slovakia
- Pavlína Matiová: I'm happy when I can sing in Romanes
- Main hero in the next Batman film will be Romani - "Nightwing" to call attention to the rights of Romani people
- Romani celebrity walks out in protest after neo-Nazi singer and his band win second place in Czech music awards
- Romany girl Cher Lloyd has the X Factor
- Slovak Government apologizes for anti-Jewish measures during WWII
- LIVE AT 16:00 CET: Pope Francis meets Romani people at Košice's Luník IX housing estate in Slovakia
- Albanian comedy shows feature blackface, prejudice and stereotypes about Romani people
- Slovakia: Those planning to attend public events with Pope Francis have to register online
- Romania: "Gipsycoin" cryptocurrency launched by Romani community leader
- Czech citizens living abroad can vote in October elections, deadline to register at consulate or embassy is 29 August
- Austria's Die Presse: Covert racism is why Europe's Roma are worse off after COVID-19 pandemic
- Romani runner in Slovakia whose junior career has been so hopeful confirms she is pregnant
- Woman says intercity bus driver in northern Czech town racially abused her and called for the death of all Roma before physically throwing her onto a road
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY: Discussion of the case of the death of Stanislav Tomáš, Ústí nad Labem, Czech Republic
- Human rights activists: Czech police officers who intervened against Stanislav Tomáš should be suspended until investigations end, ban kneeling on the neck during interventions
- LIVE BROADCAST TOMORROW 10 AM: Press conference on the case of the death of Stanislav Tomáš in the Czech Republic