Incident report: Violent attacks against Roma in the Ponticelli District of Naples
It brings together the basic facts on these violent attacks as well as background information regarding the situation of Roma in Italy.
It also describes efforts to address the situation by the Italian Authorities and the International Community, in particular the European Parliament, the Council of Europe, the OSCE, and Civil society organisations.
- Italian court upholds acquittal and exoneration of captain who rescued migrants
- Italian Interior Minister Matteo Salvini faces criticism for calling Romani woman a "dirty gypsy"
- Italy: Almost 1 000 Roma and Sinti march in Milan on Romani Resistance Day
- Italian authorities investigate 65 neo-Fascists in Rome after anti-Roma protests
- Italian Senator who compared his colleague to an "orangutan" has been convicted
- Italian Police evict almost 400 Romani people from homes they have lived in since 2005, European Commission says it cannot take legal action
- Italy's Lombardy Region first to conduct census of Roma and Sinti, plans to raze illegal camps, Romani organizations protesting
- Highest-paid Hungarian footballer of all time is Romani
- Pope Francis wishes hope and peace for Romani families in Italy
- Romani camp on alert in Pisa: Community mobilizing against evacuation
- Canadian Muslims condemn Islamist radical violence, now face increased aggression themselves
- Domenico "Volcano" Spada: The boxer who fights under the Roma flag