International Romani amateur boxing match won by team from Slovakia
Romani amateur boxers have competed in the Vodova Hall in Brno, Czech Republic for the South Moravian Regional Cup. Teams from the Czech Republic and Slovakia challenged each other.
The event was held by the Association of Romani Societies in the Czech Republic. This second year of the contest was supported by many former professional boxers from both countries.
Ján Zachara (born 27 August 1928), a former Czechoslovak boxer who won the gold medal in the featherweight division at the 1952 Summer Olympics in Helsinki, spoke with the young contestants about fair play. Boxers from Slovakia won the cup for a second time.
Patrik Baláž of the Dukla Olomouc team from the Czech Republic was declared the most successful boxer of the match in terms of technique. Rastislav Lučanský, chair of the Association of Romani Societies, gave the cup to the victors.
- England: Czech emigré of Romani origin establishes boxing team for children from the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- UK boxer of Irish Traveller origin Tyson Fury met his fans in Prague
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin to compete next week at MMA gala in Prague
- VIDEO: Kickbox champ of Czech Republic wins again, celebrates with the Romani flag
- Romani kickbox champ of Czech Republic celebrates victory at Muay-Thai evening in Slovakia with Romani flag around his shoulders
- Czech and Romani-Slovak rappers box each other in front of sold-out arena in Prague
- Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
- Czech Republic: Boxing club gets boys and girls off the streets of excluded localities
- Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
- UK Boxing Board of Control suspends Tyson Fury, fighter with Irish Traveller roots relinquishes remaining titles to get sober
- Tyson Fury, boxer with Romani roots, defeats Klitschko to become world champion
- Germany: Romani heritage boxer Tyson Fury will fight the legendary Klitschko on Saturday
- Czech Republic: Boxing club offers Roma a new start
- Boxer Tyson Fury, proud of his Irish Traveller origin, has challenged Wladimir Klitschko
- Saunders gives British boxing team a boost
- Slovakia: New Plenipotentiary for Roma to be Andrea Bučková
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for Romani Communities tells PM to either fire him or let him do his job
- NGOs call on new Slovak Government to end the segregation of Romani children in education
- Slovakia to have a new Plenipotentiary for Roma, MEP wants it to be a Romani person
- MEP Peter Pollák joins Slovak Permanent Crisis Team to address COVID-19 in Romani localities
- Slovak Plenipotentiary for Roma says Govt decision not to deliver benefits to Romani settlements is inhumane
- Coronavirus pandemic can make conditions in the Romani settlements of Slovakia deadly, protective gear slow to reach those who need it
- Slovakia's TV Romana to be carried by the Orange TV satellite network
- Slovakia: Romani girl who ran her first race in flats now national silver medalist
- Czech Government measures to prevent coronavirus close museums and theaters, including Museum of Romani Culture
- Czech protest against new ombudsman marches through second-largest city
- Analysis: Slovak elections a Pyrrhic victory despite number of Roma elected