International Romani amateur boxing match won by team from Slovakia
Romani amateur boxers have competed in the Vodova Hall in Brno, Czech Republic for the South Moravian Regional Cup. Teams from the Czech Republic and Slovakia challenged each other.
The event was held by the Association of Romani Societies in the Czech Republic. This second year of the contest was supported by many former professional boxers from both countries.
Ján Zachara (born 27 August 1928), a former Czechoslovak boxer who won the gold medal in the featherweight division at the 1952 Summer Olympics in Helsinki, spoke with the young contestants about fair play. Boxers from Slovakia won the cup for a second time.
Patrik Baláž of the Dukla Olomouc team from the Czech Republic was declared the most successful boxer of the match in terms of technique. Rastislav Lučanský, chair of the Association of Romani Societies, gave the cup to the victors.
- England: Czech emigré of Romani origin establishes boxing team for children from the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- UK boxer of Irish Traveller origin Tyson Fury met his fans in Prague
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin to compete next week at MMA gala in Prague
- VIDEO: Kickbox champ of Czech Republic wins again, celebrates with the Romani flag
- Romani kickbox champ of Czech Republic celebrates victory at Muay-Thai evening in Slovakia with Romani flag around his shoulders
- Czech and Romani-Slovak rappers box each other in front of sold-out arena in Prague
- Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
- Czech Republic: Boxing club gets boys and girls off the streets of excluded localities
- Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
- Tyson Fury, boxer with Romani roots, defeats Klitschko to become world champion
- Germany: Romani heritage boxer Tyson Fury will fight the legendary Klitschko on Saturday
- Czech Republic: Boxing club offers Roma a new start
- Boxer Tyson Fury, proud of his Irish Traveller origin, has challenged Wladimir Klitschko
- Czech film festival awards film about Romani boxer
- Domenico "Volcano" Spada: The boxer who fights under the Roma flag
- Saunders gives British boxing team a boost
- Brno cancels new refugee camp idea after overwhelming criticism and pressure from Czech Govt Human Rights Commissioner to negotiate on the situation of Romani refugees
- Brno, Czech Republic: 50 people protest city's treatment of Romani refugees from Ukraine
- PHOTO GALLERY: Protesters create an "alley of shame" in front of Brno City Hall to protest city representatives' treatment of Romani refugees from Ukraine
- Czech Republic's second-largest city to see day of demonstrations tomorrow against treatment of Romani refugees and their children
- Tomáš Ščuka: Representatives of Czech Republic's second-largest city say Romani women from Ukraine here are not refugees and they will not aid them
- Czech civil society representatives from the Grand Initiative: We couldn't ignore the inhumane conditions in which the Romani children and women fleeing the war are living in Brno
- Child welfare official for Czech Republic's second-largest city says she did not threaten to take custody of Romani refugee children from Ukraine but won't say what she told their mothers
- Volunteers in Czech Republic's second-largest city form initiative to aid destitute, homeless Romani women from Ukraine after the city and the state have failed them
- Tomáš Ščuka: City of Brno's rhetoric toward the Romani refugees from Ukraine is shameful - are the local politicians really so shameless themselves?
- RomanoNet calls on Czech Republic's second-largest city to resolve the catastrophic situation of children and women of Romani origin who have fled Ukraine
- Destitute, homeless Romani refugees from Ukraine in Czech Republic's second-largest city dependent on volunteers, visit by city official and police prompts fears that children and mothers will be separated
- Czech civil society criticizes Brno City Hall for its treatment of refugees from Ukraine: "You're treating the Romani children and their mothers worse than dogs"