International Romani Union: Freedom is the most important value
The International Romani Union has sent the following letter to the French President about the 13 November terrorist attacks in Paris:
Mr. President of the French Republic:
As European citizens and members of a community with worldwide presence, we share the pain of the families in France who suffer due to the cruelty and murderous violence of those who, blinded by hatred, attack innocent people.
Please let the people of France know, Mr. President of the French Republic, that all Roma in the world ─ for whom freedom is the most important value to be preserved ─ are committed to the defense of those values that only democracy may protect.
Normunds Rudevičs,President of International Romani Union, Latvia
Juan de Dios Ramírez-Heredia, Vice President. Responsible for International Relations, Spain
- Islamic State claims responsibility for assassinations in Paris
- One of the biggest terrorist attacks: Assassins murder 126 people in Paris, more than 200 injured
- Commentary: Roma Pride and listening to each other
- Czech Republic deporting Afghan family whose case came before the European Court of Human Rights
- Drahomír Radek Horváth: I don't know where to stand on fear of immigrants and Islam
- The European Roma Institute: Frequently Asked Questions