Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
Václav Sivák, Europe's junior champion last year and now the winner in the male category of the Czech Open International Kickboxing Tournament, was the guest of ROMEA TV's "10 Minutes Plus" with Richard Samko. Sivák is being spoken of by sports media outlets as one of the biggest talents in this discipline in the Czech Republic.
Sivák has many victories under his belt. In addition to his athletic achievements, he has scored personal victories after growing up in an excluded locality where it would have been easy for him to take a very different path in life.
His father led him to sports, which kept him off the streets and helped him find his way. In the interview, Samko asks him about his experiences fighting both in and out of the ring.
Sivák now dominates the discipline in the male K-1 category of weight up to 67 kg. Last year, while still a junior, he won gold at the Cadets and Juniors European Championships convened by the most prestigious organization in the sport, the World Association of Kickboxing Organizations, in Skopje, Macedonia, in the male K-1 category of weight up to 64.5 kg
- Czech Republic: Romani boy assaulted on bus by ticket-checker gives interview to Romea.cz
- Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
- VIDEO: Interview with grandson of the Czechoslovak Romani partisan Josef Serinek
- Martin Daniel, the ball hockey champion of Slovakia, is also a diabetic and a member of the Romani community
- Interview with Romani activist Veronika Kmetzová of Předlice in the Czech Republic
- Interview with Czech Vice-Mayor who believes the Govt method for identifying Romani people crosses the line
- EXCLUSIVE: Romani figure skater Ivan Righini, three-time Italian champion, competes for the European Championship
- Tyson Fury, boxer with Romani roots, defeats Klitschko to become world champion
- Czech court again acquits youths accused of assaulting man because of his skin color, prosecutor may appeal
- Czech expert says haters' attention is fixating on Roma again, "migration" as a subject is over
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin wins gold in Sarajevo
- Czech President Havel protested against the wall separating non-Roma from Roma on Matiční Street 20 years ago
- Pavel Botoš: Who will stop the use of terms like "cigoši" in the Czech Republic?
- Iveta Bílková: Czech society should not tolerate words like "Cigán", "Cigoši", etc.
- Roma are most frequently targeted by hatred on the Czech Internet, experts say the law applies online too
- Czech Govt report on the state of the Romani minority estimates 830 ghettos with 127 000 inhabitants in the regions
- Slovakia: Café Európa discusses underrepresentation of Romani people in politics
- Slovak President Zuzana Čaputová has breakfast with Romani students
- Czech ice hockey friendly goes uncompleted after fans racially abuse Romani player and his team stops play in protest
- VIDEO: Ostentatious homes built by Roma community in Romania reflect their desire for prestige