Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
Václav Sivák, Europe's junior champion last year and now the winner in the male category of the Czech Open International Kickboxing Tournament, was the guest of ROMEA TV's "10 Minutes Plus" with Richard Samko. Sivák is being spoken of by sports media outlets as one of the biggest talents in this discipline in the Czech Republic.
Sivák has many victories under his belt. In addition to his athletic achievements, he has scored personal victories after growing up in an excluded locality where it would have been easy for him to take a very different path in life.
His father led him to sports, which kept him off the streets and helped him find his way. In the interview, Samko asks him about his experiences fighting both in and out of the ring.
Sivák now dominates the discipline in the male K-1 category of weight up to 67 kg. Last year, while still a junior, he won gold at the Cadets and Juniors European Championships convened by the most prestigious organization in the sport, the World Association of Kickboxing Organizations, in Skopje, Macedonia, in the male K-1 category of weight up to 64.5 kg
- Czech Republic: Romani boy assaulted on bus by ticket-checker gives interview to Romea.cz
- Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
- VIDEO: Interview with grandson of the Czechoslovak Romani partisan Josef Serinek
- Martin Daniel, the ball hockey champion of Slovakia, is also a diabetic and a member of the Romani community
- Interview with Romani activist Veronika Kmetzová of Předlice in the Czech Republic
- Interview with Czech Vice-Mayor who believes the Govt method for identifying Romani people crosses the line
- EXCLUSIVE: Romani figure skater Ivan Righini, three-time Italian champion, competes for the European Championship
- Tyson Fury, boxer with Romani roots, defeats Klitschko to become world champion
- VIDEO: Ostentatious homes built by Roma community in Romania reflect their desire for prestige
- Jozef Miker: Those who care about the homeless in the Czech Republic are bringing them food for free
- Slovakia: Romani girl from settlement now champion runner in her region
- Slovak homeowner considers selling to Roma, so his neighbors graffiti his house and puncture his tires
- England: Czech emigré of Romani origin establishes boxing team for children from the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- Organizer of 8 July protest by Romani people in Brussels is corrected by incoming MEP - "I've never spoken with him"
- Slovak court grants early release to vigilante who murdered three Roma at their home, prosecutor complains
- UK boxer of Irish Traveller origin Tyson Fury met his fans in Prague
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin to compete next week at MMA gala in Prague
- USA: Four-month-old Romani boy is youngest child to be separated from his parents at the border with Mexico
- Slovak church bungles inclusion of Romani newcomer into First Communion ceremony, charges of racial discrimination being investigated
- "Romani Army" by Berlin-based Maxim Gorki Theater Company gets standing ovation at Czech festival