Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
Václav Sivák, Europe's junior champion last year and now the winner in the male category of the Czech Open International Kickboxing Tournament, was the guest of ROMEA TV's "10 Minutes Plus" with Richard Samko. Sivák is being spoken of by sports media outlets as one of the biggest talents in this discipline in the Czech Republic.
Sivák has many victories under his belt. In addition to his athletic achievements, he has scored personal victories after growing up in an excluded locality where it would have been easy for him to take a very different path in life.
His father led him to sports, which kept him off the streets and helped him find his way. In the interview, Samko asks him about his experiences fighting both in and out of the ring.
Sivák now dominates the discipline in the male K-1 category of weight up to 67 kg. Last year, while still a junior, he won gold at the Cadets and Juniors European Championships convened by the most prestigious organization in the sport, the World Association of Kickboxing Organizations, in Skopje, Macedonia, in the male K-1 category of weight up to 64.5 kg
- Czech Republic: Romani boy assaulted on bus by ticket-checker gives interview to Romea.cz
- Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
- VIDEO: Interview with grandson of the Czechoslovak Romani partisan Josef Serinek
- Martin Daniel, the ball hockey champion of Slovakia, is also a diabetic and a member of the Romani community
- Interview with Romani activist Veronika Kmetzová of Předlice in the Czech Republic
- Interview with Czech Vice-Mayor who believes the Govt method for identifying Romani people crosses the line
- DNA samples of Romani people taken to ascertain their ethnic origin were handled unethically and the data was misused
- Czech court gives suspended sentence to woman who threatened to burn down police station in the aftermath of the death of Stanislav Tomáš
- MEPs compare death of Stanislav Tomáš in the Czech Republic to that of George Floyd in the USA
- Case of Stanislav Tomáš discussed during plenary session of the European Parliament
- Pope Francis receives Romani footballers, including Jaroslav Horváth and Lukáš Pulko of the Czech Republic, ahead of friendly match
- Romani kickboxer Václav Sivák of the Czech Republic wins again, holds the international WAKO Pro title a second time
- Czech MMA fighter Cverna challenges bodybuilder who insulted Romani people
- Czech MMA fighter exploits media attention of his win to insult Romani people, then claims he is "not a racist"
- Romani musician Tibor Žida advances to the next round of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" with his version of the Czechoslovak national anthem
- Popular Romani musician Rytmus to box Gábor Boráros in Slovakia
- Romani singer Bertík Girga overwhelms "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" jurors, evoking tears, hugs, and a standing ovation
- European Parliament will discuss police brutality against Romani people in EU, on the basis of Czech case