Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
Václav Sivák, Europe's junior champion last year and now the winner in the male category of the Czech Open International Kickboxing Tournament, was the guest of ROMEA TV's "10 Minutes Plus" with Richard Samko. Sivák is being spoken of by sports media outlets as one of the biggest talents in this discipline in the Czech Republic.
Sivák has many victories under his belt. In addition to his athletic achievements, he has scored personal victories after growing up in an excluded locality where it would have been easy for him to take a very different path in life.
His father led him to sports, which kept him off the streets and helped him find his way. In the interview, Samko asks him about his experiences fighting both in and out of the ring.
Sivák now dominates the discipline in the male K-1 category of weight up to 67 kg. Last year, while still a junior, he won gold at the Cadets and Juniors European Championships convened by the most prestigious organization in the sport, the World Association of Kickboxing Organizations, in Skopje, Macedonia, in the male K-1 category of weight up to 64.5 kg
- Czech Republic: Romani boy assaulted on bus by ticket-checker gives interview to Romea.cz
- Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
- VIDEO: Interview with grandson of the Czechoslovak Romani partisan Josef Serinek
- Martin Daniel, the ball hockey champion of Slovakia, is also a diabetic and a member of the Romani community
- Interview with Romani activist Veronika Kmetzová of Předlice in the Czech Republic
- Interview with Czech Vice-Mayor who believes the Govt method for identifying Romani people crosses the line
- EXCLUSIVE: Romani figure skater Ivan Righini, three-time Italian champion, competes for the European Championship
- Tyson Fury, boxer with Romani roots, defeats Klitschko to become world champion
- Romani athlete Dominik Oračko of the Czech Republic wins two gold medals and one silver at the Youth World Weightlifting Championships
- Romani girl who won race in Slovakia while running in flats keeps on winning
- Czech prosecutor reviewing local election slogan referencing "pests" and "poison"
- Romani kickbox champ of Czech Republic celebrates victory at Muay-Thai evening in Slovakia with Romani flag around his shoulders
- Slovakia: "Invisible Roma" protest insult by the speaker of Parliament
- Romani band Bengas issues new video protesting racist attacks after performer moves away from the Czech Republic
- Czech MPs avoid round table about the Holocaust and its Romani victims
- "America's Got Talent" invites Romani twins from Czech Republic to perform
- Commentary: Czech Social Democrats have to choose between democracy and racism
- Slovak Interior Ministry plans Operational Centers against "inadaptable Roma", community members protest
- Czech documentary film "Passengers" documents transition from children's homes to adulthood
- Czech Public Defender of Rights: Segregating Romani children in the schools obstructs integration