Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
Václav Sivák, Europe's junior champion last year and now the winner in the male category of the Czech Open International Kickboxing Tournament, was the guest of ROMEA TV's "10 Minutes Plus" with Richard Samko. Sivák is being spoken of by sports media outlets as one of the biggest talents in this discipline in the Czech Republic.
Sivák has many victories under his belt. In addition to his athletic achievements, he has scored personal victories after growing up in an excluded locality where it would have been easy for him to take a very different path in life.
His father led him to sports, which kept him off the streets and helped him find his way. In the interview, Samko asks him about his experiences fighting both in and out of the ring.
Sivák now dominates the discipline in the male K-1 category of weight up to 67 kg. Last year, while still a junior, he won gold at the Cadets and Juniors European Championships convened by the most prestigious organization in the sport, the World Association of Kickboxing Organizations, in Skopje, Macedonia, in the male K-1 category of weight up to 64.5 kg
- Czech Republic: Romani boy assaulted on bus by ticket-checker gives interview to Romea.cz
- Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
- VIDEO: Interview with grandson of the Czechoslovak Romani partisan Josef Serinek
- Martin Daniel, the ball hockey champion of Slovakia, is also a diabetic and a member of the Romani community
- Interview with Romani activist Veronika Kmetzová of Předlice in the Czech Republic
- Interview with Czech Vice-Mayor who believes the Govt method for identifying Romani people crosses the line
- EXCLUSIVE: Romani figure skater Ivan Righini, three-time Italian champion, competes for the European Championship
- Tyson Fury, boxer with Romani roots, defeats Klitschko to become world champion
- Czech and Romani-Slovak rappers box each other in front of sold-out arena in Prague
- How were Romani members of the Czechoslovak Legionnaires rewarded for their service?
- Yet another Czech town bans housing benefits, opposition politician and Romani NGO object
- Commentary: Czech President Zeman's racism and Romani people
- Italian Deputy Prime Minister says EU Justice Commissioner's critique of Italy's treatment of Roma is "nonsense"
- Czech organization remembers the Nazi genocide and aids its Romani victims
- Portugal: Christian radio station awarded prize for working to reduce inter-ethnic tension in Slovakia
- Czech Youth Olympics team has its first medal - Romani community can be proud of the record-setting performance too
- Czech elections: 13 Romani local assembly members, no Romani senators
- Martina Horváthová: Freely casting your ballot is your right - and nobody else's business!
- Slovak PM on Romani settlements: Incentivize employment, no tolerance for disorder
- Slovakia: Girl from impoverished Romani family wins race running in flats