Italian Police raid ultra-right extremists, confiscate air-to-air missile from Qatar
The Italian press reported on 16 July that during a raid against ultra-right extremists, Italian Police confiscated weapons in several cities in the north of the country, including the most recent models of automatic assault rifles and an air-to-air missile. Three men were arrested during the operation.
The raid was a consequence of investigations focused on Italian citizens who had fought in Donbas in eastern Ukraine. The air-to-air missile, of French production, came from Qatari Army equipment.
One of those arrested, a former customs inspector named Fabio Del Bergiolo, had attempted to sell the air-to-air missile for EUR 470 000. Interest in buying it was expressed by a bureaucrat from an unnamed country who asked to see the weapon's documentation, according to Italian daily La Repubblica.
Del Bergiolo once ran for the Italian Senate in 2001 for the ultra-right Forza Nuova (New Force) party. The raid that led to his arrest was based on Kyiv having given the Italian authorities last year a list of 25 Italian citizens who have been fighting since 2014 in the ranks of pro-Russian separatists.
The list was compiled by the Ukrainian secret service. The Italian authorities then began to investigate the matter.
Other Italian citizens have also joined the Ukrainian Army to fight on that side of the conflict. In both cases, the Italian citizens fighting in Ukraine, especially those on the pro-Russian side, have committed several crimes under Italian law, reports the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera.
The paper lists some of the crimes as follows: enemy acts against a foreign state, enlisting for the purpose of committing terrorism, illegal enlisting for war, or training for the purpose of committing terrorism. The Italian citizens on both sides of the conflict in Ukraine frequently come from the same parts of Italy and are usually ultra-nationalists and ultra-right extremists, Corriere della Sera reports.
- Italian PM wants to deport Roma, MEP Romeo Franz calls his behavior racism and the shame of Europe
- Ukraine: Aggressive armed man from the extremist Azov Battalion disrupts human rights discussion in Kyiv
- Italy: Almost 1 000 Roma and Sinti march in Milan on Romani Resistance Day
- Italian authorities investigate 65 neo-Fascists in Rome after anti-Roma protests
- Amnesty International: No justice one year after attack on a Romani camp in Ukraine
- Racist band associated with a leader of "Right Sector" in Ukraine to play in Czech Republic today
- Italian theater cancels neo-Fascist concert co-opting Czechoslovak historical figure, so it moves from Verona to Lazis
- Italian Senator who compared his colleague to an "orangutan" has been convicted
- Czech Embassy in Italy trying to prevent neo-Fascist co-optation of Czechoslovak historical figure Jan Palach there
- EU analysis finds main target of pro-Kremlin disinformation last year was Ukraine
- Czech students protest co-optation of Czechoslovak historical figure in Italy
- Neo-Nazis from C14 group that assaults Roma march through Ukrainian capital celebrating ultra-nationalist historical figure
- Italian Deputy PM Salvini is behaving like a neo-Fascist, former Italian Labor Minister says
- Italy: Moroccan beaten to death, athlete of Nigerian origin attacked as fascists in the Govt spread racism
- Commentary: Russian propaganda claims both "Jews" and "Nazis" now rule Ukraine
- Germany: Extremist group in the AfD party says it is dissolving
- Irena Biháriová on developments in Slovakia: Who is really being ostracized?
- Czech and Slovak extremists do their best to profit from the COVID-19 pandemic, attacking the EU and public broadcast media
- Czech lower house committee suspends discussion of stripping ultranationalist MP of immunity from prosecution for xenophobic remarks
- Czech court returns to case of hate speech online targeting non-"white" first-graders
- Slovak elections: Opposition OLaNO wins, no growth in votes for fascist party
- Czech Interior Ministry: Hate speech increased in intensity last year
- Another victim of the German terrorist attack, a young man from Romania, is also from the Roma minority
- Czech Police investigating racist video posted by fanclub of ultranationalist party
- Young Romani woman was a victim of German shooting spree
- German shooting spree is being investigated as a terrorist attack
- Germany: Anti-migrant xenophobic gunman kills 11 in horrifying spree, he and his mother then found dead