Italian Police raid ultra-right extremists, confiscate air-to-air missile from Qatar
The Italian press reported on 16 July that during a raid against ultra-right extremists, Italian Police confiscated weapons in several cities in the north of the country, including the most recent models of automatic assault rifles and an air-to-air missile. Three men were arrested during the operation.
The raid was a consequence of investigations focused on Italian citizens who had fought in Donbas in eastern Ukraine. The air-to-air missile, of French production, came from Qatari Army equipment.
One of those arrested, a former customs inspector named Fabio Del Bergiolo, had attempted to sell the air-to-air missile for EUR 470 000. Interest in buying it was expressed by a bureaucrat from an unnamed country who asked to see the weapon's documentation, according to Italian daily La Repubblica.
Del Bergiolo once ran for the Italian Senate in 2001 for the ultra-right Forza Nuova (New Force) party. The raid that led to his arrest was based on Kyiv having given the Italian authorities last year a list of 25 Italian citizens who have been fighting since 2014 in the ranks of pro-Russian separatists.
The list was compiled by the Ukrainian secret service. The Italian authorities then began to investigate the matter.
Other Italian citizens have also joined the Ukrainian Army to fight on that side of the conflict. In both cases, the Italian citizens fighting in Ukraine, especially those on the pro-Russian side, have committed several crimes under Italian law, reports the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera.
The paper lists some of the crimes as follows: enemy acts against a foreign state, enlisting for the purpose of committing terrorism, illegal enlisting for war, or training for the purpose of committing terrorism. The Italian citizens on both sides of the conflict in Ukraine frequently come from the same parts of Italy and are usually ultra-nationalists and ultra-right extremists, Corriere della Sera reports.
- Italian PM wants to deport Roma, MEP Romeo Franz calls his behavior racism and the shame of Europe
- Ukraine: Aggressive armed man from the extremist Azov Battalion disrupts human rights discussion in Kyiv
- Italy: Almost 1 000 Roma and Sinti march in Milan on Romani Resistance Day
- Italian authorities investigate 65 neo-Fascists in Rome after anti-Roma protests
- Amnesty International: No justice one year after attack on a Romani camp in Ukraine
- Racist band associated with a leader of "Right Sector" in Ukraine to play in Czech Republic today
- Italian theater cancels neo-Fascist concert co-opting Czechoslovak historical figure, so it moves from Verona to Lazis
- Italian Senator who compared his colleague to an "orangutan" has been convicted
- Czech Embassy in Italy trying to prevent neo-Fascist co-optation of Czechoslovak historical figure Jan Palach there
- EU analysis finds main target of pro-Kremlin disinformation last year was Ukraine
- Czech students protest co-optation of Czechoslovak historical figure in Italy
- Neo-Nazis from C14 group that assaults Roma march through Ukrainian capital celebrating ultra-nationalist historical figure
- Italian Deputy PM Salvini is behaving like a neo-Fascist, former Italian Labor Minister says
- Italy: Moroccan beaten to death, athlete of Nigerian origin attacked as fascists in the Govt spread racism
- Commentary: Russian propaganda claims both "Jews" and "Nazis" now rule Ukraine
- Czech football hooligans' racism against black player to be addressed by disciplinary commission
- Germany: Trial begins of right-wing extremist charged with murder of local politician
- Zeljko Jovanovic: European leaders' silence over Orban's anti-Roma rhetoric shames the EU
- Czech court hands down suspended three-year sentence to man who praised the terrorism in Christchurch, prosecutor appeals
- Czech man prosecuted for expressing support for Norwegian terrorist refuses to testify in court
- French police brutally beat 14-year-old Romani boy during arrest, his family plan to sue
- Rina Caldari: The "Corona Rebels" - Conspiracy Theories from the Far Right
- Czech MP who compared Muslim immigrants to "invasive species" will not be stripped of immunity from prosecution
- Slovak court finally rules on brutal assault by neo-Nazis seven years ago in Nitra, they appeal
- Czech Interior Ministry and Prague City Hall stop leasing properties to publisher who released Nazi calendar, MPs plan to ban the sale of Nazi symbols
- Czech court returns to case of hateful online comments about non-"white" first-graders, but witnesses fail to appear
- Ukraine: Racists attack Romani family of four, setting fire to their home and threatening a pregnant woman with rape