Legendary heavy metal band Sepultura supports Roma on their International Day
The legendary heavy metal band Sepultura, who hail from Brazil, posted a clear message of support for Romani people on their official Facebook profile on Friday 8 April 2016. "Sepultura will always support the right to anyone or any group to be free and to live in peace. Respect the differences to build a strong and prosperous society," the group posted along with links to other information about International Romani Day on the website of the Romani media organization Romedia Foundation, based in Hungary.
Almost four million fans follow the band's Facebook profile and the post included the hashtags #romamovement45 #romaday #opreroma. Sepultura is a Brazilian heavy metal band who play a combination of death metal and thrash metal.
Currently their music is tending more toward groove metal. The word "sepultura" means "tomb" in Portuguese.
- Czech Republic: International Romani Day marred by conflict at Prague restaurant
- US Embassy in Prague displays Romani flag in honor of International Romani Day
- John Kerry on International Romani Day: Today we celebrate the rich cultural heritage of Roma and their contributions to society
- Czech Human Rights Minister on International Romani Day: Quality education, more awareness of Romani culture, history, language all important
- Postponed celebrations of International Romani Day to be held in Czech capital on 22 July
- Slovak NGO reports that Romani children from excluded localities lack the online distance learning option
- Czech court returns to case of hateful online comments about non-"white" first-graders, but witnesses fail to appear
- Araceli Cañadas Ortega: Romani women are the roots that feed our communities with care and love
- Two men in Czech Republic indicted for approving of neo-Nazi terrorism in Christchurch, New Zealand
- Talented Romani pianist performs from his balcony in Czech town to thank medical workers
- EU Commissioners greet the Roma on International Romani Day
- KHAMORO World Romani Festival marks International Romani Day with online anthem performance
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights on International Romani Day: Segregated schools are the shame of our country
- Czech Govt Human Rights Commissioner thanks Roma for their aid during COVID-19 and wishes them well on International Romani Day
- Romani and non-Romani figures from the Czech Republic send greetings on International Romani Day: But bacht the sasťipen!
- Slovak President greets Romani people for International Romani Day: Paľikerav tumenge. Džanav mištes hoj jekhetane koda keraha