LIVE BROADCAST: EU Fundamental Rights Agency publishes findings on discrimination of minorities in the EU
Today, 6 December 2017, the EU Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA) is holding a conference called "Reality bites: Experiences of immigrants and minorities in the EU". During the event the findings of FRA's second research project about discrimination against minorities in the European Union will be publicized.
The livestream of the conference has been underway since 9 AM on news server Romea.cz (in English). Almost 10 years ago, FRA reported its findings from its first survey of the shocking levels of discrimination and hatred targeting minorities throughout the EU.
Today's conference publicizes the findings of their second survey on this topic. It was implemented together with the Estonian Presidency of the Council of the EU and the European Commission in connection with the fourth session of its High Level Group on combating racism, xenophobia and other forms of intolerance in collaboration with the EEA and Norway Grants and the General Secretariat of the Council of the European Union.
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency holds workshop on indicators of Romani integration
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency says efforts to achieve equality and fight discrimination must step up
- More than 60 % of Czechs active online believe Romani people are favored over non-Roma in the Czech Republic
- Czech primary school materials feature a total of 71 sentences about Roma - and they promote stereotypes
- Czech school claims it's "random" that white children are segregated from Romani children in separate first-grade class
- European Commission President calls on EU Member States to combat discrimination against Romani people
- Best Reality, Stars reality corporation s.r.o., DůmRealit.cz, Broker´s Team, CENTURY 21 Finem caught on tape rejecting Roma tenants in Czech Republic, only CENTURY 21 apologizes
- Commentary: Czech ombudsman's racist remarks reveal his ignorance of Roma and of history
- Czech nursery school underpays Romani janitor for years, refuses to compensate her, she is suing
- Slovak Education Ministry establishes expert team focused on solving problems with the education of members of national minorities
- Czech MEPs welcome European Commission lawsuit against Austria over different allowances for non-expatriate children of EU workers
- Celebrity rejected by Czech real estate agency because of Romani surname: "It was a shock"
- Romani woman with Harvard PhD calls Czech racist landlord over his antigypsyist advertisement
- European Commission sending millions of euro for independent media to combat disinformation