LIVE BROADCAST: EU Fundamental Rights Agency publishes findings on discrimination of minorities in the EU
Today, 6 December 2017, the EU Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA) is holding a conference called "Reality bites: Experiences of immigrants and minorities in the EU". During the event the findings of FRA's second research project about discrimination against minorities in the European Union will be publicized.
The livestream of the conference has been underway since 9 AM on news server Romea.cz (in English). Almost 10 years ago, FRA reported its findings from its first survey of the shocking levels of discrimination and hatred targeting minorities throughout the EU.
Today's conference publicizes the findings of their second survey on this topic. It was implemented together with the Estonian Presidency of the Council of the EU and the European Commission in connection with the fourth session of its High Level Group on combating racism, xenophobia and other forms of intolerance in collaboration with the EEA and Norway Grants and the General Secretariat of the Council of the European Union.
- Czech Senate Committee on Social Policy recommends rejection of bill authorizing attachment of welfare benefits over local unpaid fines
- LGBT+ members of Romani communities were part of Prague Pride this year, activists introduced program to aid people experiencing multiple discrimination
- Czech authorities could levy hefty fines against authors of discriminatory classified ads saying Roma need not apply
- More Roma citizens of Romania attempting to cross from Mexico into the USA to seek asylum this year
- Czech NGO director tells ombudsman he should resign for refusing to acknowledge discrimination against Roma
- Alena Gronzíková: Czech landlords will not rent to Roma even with good references and steady incomes
- Romani people in the Czech Republic complain to retailers of security guards stalking them when they shop
- Czech ombudsman criticizes draft Roma Strategy, rejects idea of updating information about compensation for forced sterilizations
- Racists in Czech capital assault non-white family, call the father "Cikán", give the Nazi salute, try to take their baby
- European Committee of Social Rights: Czech Republic overinstitutionalizes Romani children and children living with disabilities
- Czech archaeologists find remains of yet another WWII-era concentration camp for Roma
- Romani college graduate in Czech Republic plans to become an educator himself