MEP Soraya Post for ROMEA TV: Antigypsyism exists everywhere in Europe
According to Romani MEP Soraya Post, antigypsyism and discrimination against Romani people are a problem in every European country. In Sweden, where she comes from, the general living conditions for Romani people are, in her opinion, much better than in Bulgaria, Hungary or Romania.
Racist speech is constantly being committed by politicians in the national parliaments of EU Member States. The most recent very insulting such statement was made by Matteo Salvini of the extremist Italian Northern League party.
According to Post, Salvini said the following on International Romani Day: "What's to celebrate, that Roma parents are teaching their children to steal? I would prefer that they were teaching them to go to school."
Post says such incidents make her even more proud of the EU Roma Week. The event takes place at the European Parliament and is a constructive effort to address the problem of antigypsyism in Europe.
- Roma Week at the European Parliament: 40 young Roma discuss antigypsyism with MEPs
- Alliance against Antigypsyism: EU Roma Week is an opportunity to focus on tackling antigypsyism in Europe
- Antigypsyism on the agenda at EU’s High-Level Group on combating racism, xenophobia and other forms of intolerance
- European Parliament: Roma in the EU face antigypsyism and everyday discrimination that must stop
- Monika Mihaličková: Soske ME DŽAV?! Let's contain this political cesspool!
- Czech court hears accused assailants of African man deny they racially abused him in any way
- Tomáš Ščuka: We may disagree with him, but Romani candidate for extremist party is entitled to his opinions
- Czech Police charge right-wing extremists who assaulted citizens of India
- Local Prague candidate seems to have given Nazi salute at demonstration, extremist party she is running for disavows her
- Czech tabloid will not be inviting ultra-right party representatives to its online debates
- Slovakia: Chair of neo-Nazi party indicted for using Nazi symbols on checks
- Czech media, police accuse Romani family of inciting brawl with non-Roma at children's pool, Romea.cz first to report the Romani mother's testimony
- Czech Constitutional Court rejects complaint from neo-Nazi convicted of 2012 arson
- German Police find right-wing extremists' list of 25 000 "enemies"
- Czech Police refute rumors that defecation in public pool was done by Roma - defamatory article sparked a racist wave online
- Eyewitnesses allege staff at Czech lake did not help Vietnamese mothers look for their children, who drowned
Tags:antigypsyism, EU, Extremism, Racism
videoRacists and populists will not stop us! ROMEA launches crowdfunding campaign to support news server Romea.cz11.9.2018 7:54
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.