MEP Soraya Post for ROMEA TV: Antigypsyism exists everywhere in Europe
According to Romani MEP Soraya Post, antigypsyism and discrimination against Romani people are a problem in every European country. In Sweden, where she comes from, the general living conditions for Romani people are, in her opinion, much better than in Bulgaria, Hungary or Romania.
Racist speech is constantly being committed by politicians in the national parliaments of EU Member States. The most recent very insulting such statement was made by Matteo Salvini of the extremist Italian Northern League party.
According to Post, Salvini said the following on International Romani Day: "What's to celebrate, that Roma parents are teaching their children to steal? I would prefer that they were teaching them to go to school."
Post says such incidents make her even more proud of the EU Roma Week. The event takes place at the European Parliament and is a constructive effort to address the problem of antigypsyism in Europe.
- Roma Week at the European Parliament: 40 young Roma discuss antigypsyism with MEPs
- Alliance against Antigypsyism: EU Roma Week is an opportunity to focus on tackling antigypsyism in Europe
- Antigypsyism on the agenda at EU’s High-Level Group on combating racism, xenophobia and other forms of intolerance
- European Parliament: Roma in the EU face antigypsyism and everyday discrimination that must stop
- Romani actor to appear in latest installment of antigypsyist Czech film series made by former 'special school' teacher
- Czech protest against COVID-19 response brings together the far-right, those against the PM, those against the opposition, xenophobes - and punks
- Czechs to protest COVID-19 measures on national holiday tomorrow - including neo-Nazis reviving antisemitic tropes
- Czech and Slovak-language disinformation about COVID-19: Lies about testing, facemasks and Bill Gates
- Slovak fascist politician claimed COVID-19 didn't exist. Now he has it.
- Ten years on from neo-Nazi arson conviction, Czech attorney warns it could happen again
- Czech bodybuilder fined for approving of murder of Romani man, he appeals
- Czech riot police intervene against violent anti-COVID measure demonstrators
- Slovak media and NGOs welcome conviction of right-wing extremist
- Facebook will delete posts denying or distorting the Holocaust, ignorance of it among youth one reason
- Slovak politician gets 4 months and 4 years for establishing a movement to suppress human rights, he appeals
- Portugueuse police ordered to remove racist tattoos