Petr Horváth, founder of the band Gipsy Sendy, has passed away at the age of 45 in Slovakia
On Saturday, 10 April, the musician Petr Horváth, founder of the band Gipsy Sendy, suddenly passed away. Karel Svoboda, a family member, has announced the news to Romea.cz.
Mr Horváth was 45 years old. "This exceptional, great musician, who was known all over the former Czechoslovakia, entertained us all with a broad range of music and songs. From the Csárdás, to love songs and sad ones," Mr Svoboda told the news server.
The band released a total of 16 albums. "The first album was so successful that at the time his compositions had to be played at all the Romani parties, weddings, baptisms and other social events," Mr Svoboda said.
Petr Horváth was born in eastern Slovakia in the muncipality of Žbince, where he also lived with this wife, Ingrit Horváthová, their four daughters and their granddaughter. "Our extended Gorol family has lost a golden voice of which we were justifiably proud and whom we will love forever. His songs will keep playing in our hearts," Mr. Svoboda told Romea.cz.
Mr Horváth's funeral was held on Tuesday, 13 April 2021 in Žbince, Slovakia. The video below features the music of Gipsy Sendy.
- American author Paul Polansky has passed away
- Marcel Courthiade, linguist who dedicated himself to the emancipation of Roma and their language, has passed away
- Legendary Romani musician Rudolf Bagár has passed away
- Romani singer Věra Gondolánová has passed away
- Svatopluk Karásek, former Czech Govt Human Rights Commissioner, politician, religious figure and songwriter, has passed away
- Rajko Djurić, academic, author and former president of the International Romani Union, has passed away
- Famous Roma Rights Activist László Bogdán Has Passed Away
- Romani activist, journalist, poet and translator Jan Döme Horváth has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Juliana Vodrážková: Josef Bánom has passed away
- Romani community member Stanislav Holomek has passed away in Germany
- Romani community member Jozef Facuna has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Last survivor of Czech students sent to Sachsenhausen concentration camp has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Romani musician Jan Surmaj has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Miroslav Kováč, former chair of the Equal Opportunities Party in the Czech Republic, has passed away after a long illness
- Věra Bílá, legendary singer from the Romani community, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Czech Republic: Eva Davidová, an ethnographer who loved Romani people, has passed away
- Hungary: József "Choli" Daróczi, translator of the New Testament into Romanes, has passed away
- Czech Republic: Romani broadcaster and educator Hilda Pášová has passed away
- Eduard Oláh, sculptor and stonemason who designed memorial to the Romani victims of Hodonín concentration camp, has passed away
- Czech Republic: Professor Ctibor Nečas, a pioneer in researching the history of the Roma, has passed away
- Poland: Art exhibition sparks accusations of antisemitism and other bigotries
- Čhavorenge Romani children's choir and the Czech Philharmonic perform in the Romani settlements of Slovakia
- VIDEO: "Kneeling on the neck means death" - debut from Romani rapper Filip Šenki in the Czech Republic
- Czech art competition for works about the Holocaust of the Roma announces winners this week
- Romani activist Štefan Tišer has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Romani child actor from The Painted Bird rejects tv role in the Czech Republic of "bad g*psy child"
- Funeral for Jan Rác will take place tomorrow, Friday, 4 June, in Karviná, Czech Republic
- Funeral for Jiřina Šiklová to be held tomorrow in Prague
- Jan Rác, Romani activist and researcher, has passed away
- Czech Charter 77 signatory and sociologist Jiřina Šiklová has passed away, advocated for Romani equality
- Romani activist Rudolf Zajda has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Slovak public broadcasting continuing children's television program in Romanes and Slovak