Polish Greens protest French Roma expulsions
A dozen or so people staged a picket in front of the French Embassy in Warsaw, Thursday, against the forced expulsions of Roma from France.
As President Komorowski was in Paris for a meeting with President Sarkozy, the protest was organized by Zieloni or Greens 2004. Its leader, Agnieszka Grzybek describes the French policy vis a vis Roma as xenophobic and based on racial prejudice.
SPECIAL: The Situation in France
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency to publish results of research with Roma and Travellers in six EU Member States
- Petr Torák: Hate crimes spiked in the UK after the Brexit referendum, what will the elections bring?
- Iulius Rostas: Operationalizing the concept of anti-Gypsyism for policy design
- Commentary: Time for a European Union Army
- EU Court of Justice: EU Member State courts can instruct Facebook to delete illegal posts, including insults
- Czech PM says Government will not change the financing conditions for nonprofits drawing EU money
- Czech Finance Ministry proposes all EU financing for social projects be provided ex-post, which could cut nonprofits off from those resources
- VIDEO: Brussels demonstration by Romani people
- EU anti-fraud authority Hungarian program for Roma supported by EU funds has never worked and should be investigated
- Czech EP elections won by governing ANO party ahead of the Civic Democrats and Pirates
- UN budget cuts endanger human rights monitoring - deadline to join NGO letter is TOMORROW 26 MAY
- Gabriela Hrabaňová: The EP elections will influence our lives