Portugal: Christian radio station awarded prize for working to reduce inter-ethnic tension in Slovakia
Agenzia Fides reports that on 10 October the European Conference of Christian Radio (ECCR) held its 25th meeting in Lisbon, Portugal. This year, for the very first time, an award was given there for the best initiative contributing to improving the situation in the country where the radio is broadcasting.
The nonprofit Christian broadcaster Rádio Lumen in Slovakia received the award for a project designed to achieve reconciliation between Romani people and other Slovaks. Pavel Mikšů, the Editor-in-Chief of the Christian radio station Radio Proglas in the Czech Republic, who is also the President of the European Conference of Christian Radio, said the following about the winning project: "This is apparent in its broadcasting and participation in various events in the field where Romani people themselves are active within the Romani ghettos, especially in central and eastern Slovakia. This activity is created and supported by the Greek Catholic Church in Slovakia and Rádio Lumen decided to significantly collaborate with them in support of it. That is very good in and of itself, it is very strong and very touching. I would like to congratulate our colleagues from Slovakia by giving them this award."
- Slovakia: Two-day meeting of V4 presidents was to cover Romani community issues, among other matters
- Czechoslovakia launched the forced resettlement of Romani people 53 years ago
- ROMEA to Czech President: Romani life in communist Czechoslovakia included forced assimilation, forced sterilization of women, segregated education
- Slovak PM on Romani settlements: Incentivize employment, no tolerance for disorder
- Slovakia now has an MP from the Romani minority, Štefan Vavrek
- Slovakia: Girl from impoverished Romani family wins race running in flats
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for the Romani Community: Žilina is a textbook example of hate crime
- Slovakia: Romani youth in critical condition after brutal racist attack, police say they see no racist motive and make racist remarks themselves
- Slovak court finds Romani tenants were discriminated against during eviction and relocation
- Slovakia: Man shoots at Romani groundskeepers, then hangs Nazi flag from his window, is now in custody
- Slovak Parliament condemns growing displays of extremism
- Slovak court convicts Romani victims of police raid for making allegedly false accusations of brutality
- Slovakia: Romani girl from bad neighborhood did the best on entrance exams, now tutors others
- Slovak media have video footage of brutal attack that killed Filipino, suspect is in custody
- Slovakia: Filipino attempts to prevent harassment of women, harasser kicks him to death
- Public discussion reviews Czech and Slovak policies and practices of commemorating the Holocaust and its Romani victims
- Slovakia: Two Romani children shot in Poprad, perpetrator not yet identified
- Slovak MP charged with insulting Romani people and inciting hatred on the radio
- Tomáš Bystrý began at ROMEA 15 years ago, today he decides what news Czech Radio will broadcast
- Czech Radio marks International Romani Language Day by premiering radio drama based on a Romani fairytale
- Czech Republic: ROMEA journalist interviewed by Radio Wave about death of young Romani man
- Goal of his career! Romani footballer Ricardo Quaresma sends Portugal to EURO 2016 quarterfinals
- Portugal releases its first national Roma survey
- Czech Republic: Driver runs into Romani boy in crosswalk, shouts racist abuse at him and drives off
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency to publish results of research with Roma and Travellers in six EU Member States
- Czech director of "The Painted Bird": All it takes here is to be different and you've got a problem
- Commentary: Which Czech media outlets can we take seriously?
- Slovakia ahead of elections: Romani candidate suing fascists for defamation
- Czech expert says haters' attention is fixating on Roma again, "migration" as a subject is over
- Austria: Wiener Symphoniker names Dalibor Karvay its new first concertmaster
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 19:00 CET: "Light in the Darkness" - Romani community gives awards in Slovakia
- Slovakia: Ultra-right calls for "asocials" to be sent to labor camps, police investigating
- Czech President Havel protested against the wall separating non-Roma from Roma on Matiční Street 20 years ago
- Pavel Botoš: Who will stop the use of terms like "cigoši" in the Czech Republic?
- Iveta Bílková: Czech society should not tolerate words like "Cigán", "Cigoši", etc.