Roma guys see a piano on the street - look what happened next!
A video from Slovakia is spreading like wildfire online featuring an upright piano on the street and three Romani guys. The footage was shot by Peter Bročka of Trnava, who posted the breathtaking clip to YouTube.com.
"I saw the guys in the pedestrian zone, where they were hanging around the piano," Bročka told news server Čas.sk. He immediately asked one of the strangers to play something.
"What do you want to hear?" they confidently asked. When Bročka left it up to them, they first performed a classical piece and then a traditional Romani song.
"After their concert an older gentlemen who really liked it stopped me on the street. He said he was surprised because no one would have suspected from their appearance that they could play. It seems books are not the only thing we shouldn't judge by their covers," Bročka said, adding that the piano was put in the pedestrian zone by Peťo Cagala, who has donated it to Trnava's Primary School for the Arts.
- Czech Constitutional Court rejects complaint from neo-Nazi convicted of 2012 arson
- Tomáš Ščuka: Romani people need competent representation first and foremost, not Romani representation at all costs
- Romania: 900 protest recent violence against Roma in Italy and Ukraine, more demonstrations in other European countries to follow
- OSCE Mission to Serbia responds to Romani NGOs about alleged radicalization, references British Council report
- Italy: Romani infant hospitalized after being shot with pellet gun
- Romani NGOs around Europe ask why the OSCE is researching alleged radicalization of their communities in Serbia
- Edita Stejskalová: OSCE should send observer missions to Ukraine regarding pogroms against Roma and monitor the police investigation
- Italy's Lombardy Region first to conduct census of Roma and Sinti, plans to raze illegal camps, Romani organizations protesting
- Czech landlord allegedly threatens to pull the plug tonight on evictees' amplified displacement party
- Italian Interior Minister threatens to cancel police protection for crimefighting author who criticizes his anti-Roma attitude
- Italian Interior Minister insists on "census" of Roma despite criticism
- Czech Labor and Social Affairs Minister says nobody has to live on the street after residential hotels close
Tags:Hudba, Předsudky, Culture, Roma
Tomáš Ščuka: Romani people need competent representation first and foremost, not Romani representation at all costs1.8.2018 10:04
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.