Roma guys see a piano on the street - look what happened next!
A video from Slovakia is spreading like wildfire online featuring an upright piano on the street and three Romani guys. The footage was shot by Peter Bročka of Trnava, who posted the breathtaking clip to YouTube.com.
"I saw the guys in the pedestrian zone, where they were hanging around the piano," Bročka told news server Čas.sk. He immediately asked one of the strangers to play something.
"What do you want to hear?" they confidently asked. When Bročka left it up to them, they first performed a classical piece and then a traditional Romani song.
"After their concert an older gentlemen who really liked it stopped me on the street. He said he was surprised because no one would have suspected from their appearance that they could play. It seems books are not the only thing we shouldn't judge by their covers," Bročka said, adding that the piano was put in the pedestrian zone by Peťo Cagala, who has donated it to Trnava's Primary School for the Arts.
- Commentary: Czech philosopher Daniel Kroupa has crossed the line, or: What is racism?
- Cyril Koky: I want to serve in the Czech Senate
- Commentary: Romani actors should boycott Czech cop show over antigypsyist content
- ROMEA announces Romani Scholarship Program for 2020/2021 in the Czech Republic
- Miri Fajta, a Romani production company, wins Czech short film competition, could show at Cannes
- Roma youth build music school to bring people together in the Czech Republic
- Czech Police intervene against yet another publisher of antisemitic books
- Slovak Police refute disinformation alleging that rampaging murderer at school was Romani
- French police brutally beat 14-year-old Romani boy during arrest, his family plan to sue
- Chair of the Pirate Party in the Czech Republic stands up for Romani activist assaulted by hateful attackers
- Slovakia: Two non-Romani assailants who invaded Romani home to personally deliver death threats given suspended sentences
- Czech nursery school underpays Romani janitor for years, refuses to compensate her, she is suing