Roma guys see a piano on the street - look what happened next!
A video from Slovakia is spreading like wildfire online featuring an upright piano on the street and three Romani guys. The footage was shot by Peter Bročka of Trnava, who posted the breathtaking clip to YouTube.com.
"I saw the guys in the pedestrian zone, where they were hanging around the piano," Bročka told news server Čas.sk. He immediately asked one of the strangers to play something.
"What do you want to hear?" they confidently asked. When Bročka left it up to them, they first performed a classical piece and then a traditional Romani song.
"After their concert an older gentlemen who really liked it stopped me on the street. He said he was surprised because no one would have suspected from their appearance that they could play. It seems books are not the only thing we shouldn't judge by their covers," Bročka said, adding that the piano was put in the pedestrian zone by Peťo Cagala, who has donated it to Trnava's Primary School for the Arts.
- Eduard Oláh, sculptor and stonemason who designed memorial to the Romani victims of Hodonín concentration camp, has passed away
- Czech capital to see European Roma Institute for Arts and Culture presentation on support for Romani culture
- Czech survey finds youth are more prejudiced against minorities than their elders
- Czech Republic: Romafuturismo Library holds its grand opening TODAY
- New Zealand grants asylum to family from Czech Republic with non-Romani and Romani members because of neo-Nazi death threats
- Czech Association of Roma Entrepreneurs and Associations endorses Drahoš, calls on Roma to turn out
- First round of Czech presidential elections saw low turnout in socially excluded localities
- Jan Cverčko: Romale, vote for Jiří Drahoš!
- Czech Culture Minister: Buyout of pig farm was important, human dignity cannot be measured in money
- Germany: Romani-inhabited building struck by arson, media strangely quiet
- Czech presidential candidate Horáček thanks Roma for voting, supports Drahoš in second round
- VIDEO: Czech ticket-checker assaults Romani boy, removes children from bus, police tell commuter not to film it
Tags:Hudba, Předsudky, Culture, Roma
Outgoing Czech PM backs MP who doubted Romani Holocaust, says he has apologized and his words have been "misinterpreted"7.2.2018 16:32
concentration camp at Lety u Písku, a site of the genocide of the Roma during the Second World War. When asked today whether he supports removing Okamura from his post as vice-chair of the lower house, as the Christian Democrats propose, the PM said he considers Okamura's apology to have been sufficient.
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.