Roma guys see a piano on the street - look what happened next!
A video from Slovakia is spreading like wildfire online featuring an upright piano on the street and three Romani guys. The footage was shot by Peter Bročka of Trnava, who posted the breathtaking clip to YouTube.com.
"I saw the guys in the pedestrian zone, where they were hanging around the piano," Bročka told news server Čas.sk. He immediately asked one of the strangers to play something.
"What do you want to hear?" they confidently asked. When Bročka left it up to them, they first performed a classical piece and then a traditional Romani song.
"After their concert an older gentlemen who really liked it stopped me on the street. He said he was surprised because no one would have suspected from their appearance that they could play. It seems books are not the only thing we shouldn't judge by their covers," Bročka said, adding that the piano was put in the pedestrian zone by Peťo Cagala, who has donated it to Trnava's Primary School for the Arts.
- Czech expert says haters' attention is fixating on Roma again, "migration" as a subject is over
- Austria: Wiener Symphoniker names Dalibor Karvay its new first concertmaster
- Romani rapper Alex Dzurko's new video criticizes "Facebook warriors" and racists, laments social divisions
- International Romani Language Day celebrated with readings in six Czech cities
- Czech President Havel protested against the wall separating non-Roma from Roma on Matiční Street 20 years ago
- Pavel Botoš: Who will stop the use of terms like "cigoši" in the Czech Republic?
- Iveta Bílková: Czech society should not tolerate words like "Cigán", "Cigoši", etc.
- Roma are most frequently targeted by hatred on the Czech Internet, experts say the law applies online too
- Czech Govt report on the state of the Romani minority estimates 830 ghettos with 127 000 inhabitants in the regions
- Slovakia: Café Európa discusses underrepresentation of Romani people in politics
- Czech Republic: Roma Pride 2019 broadcast live online by ROMEA TV
- KHAMORO World Roma Festival and Prague Spring classical music festival given the EFFE Label