Roma wanted: Apply for unique cultural management training – Khamoro Shares its Experience
The NGO Slovo 21, based in the Czech Republic, has issued the following press release:
Are you part of the next generation of Roma artistic organizers? Do you want to broaden your skill set and be inspired by experienced leaders in the field?
Do you want to join a unique training course for Roma youth organizers? The NGO Slovo 21 is looking for participants for an international training session, “Khamoro shares its experience”, which will take place as part of the 17th annual World Roma Festival Khamoro.
The training will be held from May 23rd – May 31st 2015 in Prague, Czech Republic.
The main aim of this training is to encourage creativity and develop the organizational skills of young Roma to produce cultural projects. There are many talented and educated Roma artists, but few who have studied (cultural) management or who have had the opportunity to be part of a production team producing a professional program.
Based on our previous experience, we at Slovo 21 have realized that the most effective way to encourage creativity is to involve young people who already have some experience directly in the production of a large festival like Khamoro. In addition to instruction on managing practicalities, the workshops we offer as part of this training will include a theoretical section on how to define a program and how to undertake dramaturgy, artist selection, technical support, team composition, PR and media coverage, and fundraising.
Who can apply?
- Young Roma people who are involved in art and cultural activities.
- You must be between 20 and 30 years old.
- You must be proficient in English.
- People from EU and Non-EU countries (but not from outside Europe) are eligible for the training.
Terms of participation:
- Send your CV and a motivational letter explaining why you would like to participate in the training "Khamoro shares its experience" to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and put KHAMORO SHARES EXPERIENCE in the subject line.
- The organizers will cover 100 % of your travel costs, accommodation, food, and materials for the training.
- We will select 10 participants from elsewhere in Europe and five participants from the Czech Republic.
- The participation fee is 500 CZK or 20 €.
- All participants will get a festival pass for Khamoro 2015.
- The deadline to apply is 11 February 2015 at 00:00 CET, participants will be selected by the end of February.
This project is supported by Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway through the EEA Grants.
- KHAMORO: Annual parade of Romani performers marches through the center of Prague
- Khamoro World Roma Festival coming to Plzeň for the first time!
- Czech Republic: Khamoro World Roma Festival closes with gala concert in Prague
- The 14th year of the world Roma festival Khamoro is heading to the Czech capital
- Former Czech Prime Minister and presidential candidate Jan Fischer on 8 April: Save World Roma Festival KHAMORO
- Online petition to save Prague's World Romani Festival KHAMORO gaining signatures quickly
- Urgent online petition to save Prague's World Romani Festival - KHAMORO, scheduled for next month
- Khamoro Festival of Roma culture in need of funding
- Documentary about three Roma women in politics premieres at Khamoro Festival in Prague
- 13th World Roma Festival KHAMORO opens in Prague 22 May
- The 12th year of the World The 12th year of KHAMORO in 2010!
- Romany festival Khamoro ends in Prague
- World Romany festival Khamoro opens in Prague
- Preparations of World Roma festival Khamoro are running!
- LIVE BROADCAST TONIGHT: Final Gala Concert of the Khamoro Festival
- Czech educational attainment influenced by social origins, according to experts
- ROMEA's scholarship recipients encouraged to motivate those around them
- OSCE Mission to Serbia responds to Romani NGOs about alleged radicalization, references British Council report
- Romani NGOs around Europe ask why the OSCE is researching alleged radicalization of their communities in Serbia
- Belgium: Roma Travellers to be evicted in EU capital, fire reported at their halting site
- Albania: Romani people left without citizenship anywhere
- Jonathan Lee: Antigypsyism is a cancer at the heart of Europe
- LIVE BROADCAST: Opening of the 20th annual World Roma Festival KHAMORO in Prague
- 20th annual World Roma Festival KHAMORO begins tomorrow - ROMEA TV to broadcast several live performances
- Pre peskere pindre: Romani leaders in Czech Republic learn how to avoid financial transactions with those who humiliate Roma
- Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?