Roman Catholic Charity Attaked for Hosting Rroma People
In Italy, Pavia, citizens attacked a Roman-Catholic Church charity for hosting Rroma. During last months many Rroma were attacked just for being in Italy. The worst crime was when a band of teenagers burn to death a camp of Rroma/Sinti and children died in fire. Yet, only few journalists dear to say those criminals are fascists.
Now we have a new fact: Attack on Church for hosting Rroma. Those people were taken in care by the Church, were not dirty, they made no trouble and although living in simplicity as everywhere in Church Charities they were not welcomed.
Let me underline, that the Rroma/Sinti were not attacked this time BUT THE CHURCH.
Why? For daring to host Rroma/Sinti. This is indeed a warning message to the Churches in Europe. The attackers, through this action are warning the Churches not to work for Rroma/Sinti as they will suffer consequences.
It is well known that at their own initiative or under the umbrella of the Conference of European Churches all Churches in Europe have helped Rroma or Non-Roma NGOs to work for alleviating the situation of Roma/Sinti.
European authorities must act now.
- EU Commission: States have to show improvement for Roma if they expect to draw funding
- EU Commissioner for Values: EU money is meant to help the Roma too, data collection is important so we aren't flying blind
- Czech Govt to divert billions of crowns from the EU away from social services even as COVID-19 increases demand for debt counseling
- Czech Republic: Further action needed to integrate Roma children in schools and prevent discrimination against LGBTI persons
- Bulgaria: Scandal over EU-financed training to detect alleged "radicalization" of Roma, activists say money was used to boost anti-Romani sentiment
- European Roma Rights Centre reports on human rights violations against Romani people during the pandemic this spring
- Analysis: European populists lose their charm to scandals, trials and unpaid debts
- Zeljko Jovanovic: European leaders' silence over Orban's anti-Roma rhetoric shames the EU
- Czech MEPs welcome European Commission lawsuit against Austria over different allowances for non-expatriate children of EU workers
- Czech Foreign Affairs Minister tells ROMEA TV that Brexit and COVID-19 are causing problems for UK residents hoping to return
- European Roma Grassroots Organisations network to European Commission: Member States don't find discrimination a priority
- EUobserver on how anti-Roma racism is being exploited during the COVID-19 pandemic