Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
The boxer Miroslav Gorol, representing the Czech Republic, has won the bronze medal in the European Youth Championship held in Antalya, Turkey. In the semifinals of the weight category up to 56 kilograms he was defeated after a protracted fight with Russian boxer Alexei Kiselev.
The talented boxer from Ostrava fought his way on behalf of Czech boxing to a fourth medal in the European Championship in this age category and a third bronze. The last boxer to win bronze for the Czech Republic was Dušan Chromý in the category up to 48 kilograms in 2009.
Zdeněk Chládek won bronze for the Czech Republic in 2007 in the category up to 64 kilograms, while Lukáš Konečný won silver for the Czech Republic in 1995 in the category up to 60 kilograms. Between 1974 and 1992, Czechoslovak junior boxers won 12 medals, three of them silvers.
- UK Boxing Board of Control suspends Tyson Fury's license, Romani boxer relinquishes remaining titles to get sober
- Tyson Fury, boxer with Romani roots, defeats Klitschko to become world champion
- Czech Republic: Boxing club offers Roma a new start
- Czech film festival awards film about Romani boxer
- Domenico "Volcano" Spada: The boxer who fights under the Roma flag
- Gypsy Boxer Is Aiming For Olympic Glory
- Slovakia now has an MP from the Romani minority, Štefan Vavrek
- Young Czech journalist: School didn't teach me not to generalize, I had to learn that on my own
- Jana Balážová: Not acceptable for teachers to see Romani children as a burden
- Michal Miko to the Czech Regional Development Minister: Live in a container yourself and then we'll see what you think of it
- Michal Mižigár: So Romani history will not be lost
- Slovakia: Meet the Romani teacher who refused to grade racist essays
- England's first Romani lawyer was born in the Czech Republic, helps domestic violence victims
- Tomáš Bystrý: The Czech national anthem gives me chills
- Czech Republic: Romani broadcaster and educator Hilda Pášová has passed away
- Czech and Slovak Victims of Coercive Sterilization Await Justice
- Czech Republic: Boxing club gets boys and girls off the streets of excluded localities
- Illegally sterilized Romani women from Slovakia and the Czech Republic launch online petition as part of their fight for justice
Tags:Box, Czech Republic, Osobnosti, Romská hrdost
Czech court finds author of death threats against human rights defenders committed a politically-motivated hate crime14.11.2018 8:46
Czech archaeological samples yet to find exact location of victims' mass grave at Romani genocide site12.11.2018 18:07
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.