Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
The boxer Miroslav Gorol, representing the Czech Republic, has won the bronze medal in the European Youth Championship held in Antalya, Turkey. In the semifinals of the weight category up to 56 kilograms he was defeated after a protracted fight with Russian boxer Alexei Kiselev.
The talented boxer from Ostrava fought his way on behalf of Czech boxing to a fourth medal in the European Championship in this age category and a third bronze. The last boxer to win bronze for the Czech Republic was Dušan Chromý in the category up to 48 kilograms in 2009.
Zdeněk Chládek won bronze for the Czech Republic in 2007 in the category up to 64 kilograms, while Lukáš Konečný won silver for the Czech Republic in 1995 in the category up to 60 kilograms. Between 1974 and 1992, Czechoslovak junior boxers won 12 medals, three of them silvers.
- UK Boxing Board of Control suspends Tyson Fury, fighter with Irish Traveller roots relinquishes remaining titles to get sober
- Tyson Fury, boxer with Romani roots, defeats Klitschko to become world champion
- Czech Republic: Boxing club offers Roma a new start
- Gypsy Boxer Is Aiming For Olympic Glory
- Council of Europe says Czech Republic not doing enough to teach the Romani language
- UK quarantine for travelers arriving from Czech Republic begins tomorrow
- UK: Thousands of Czech citizens, mainly Roma, don't have the documents they need to apply for settled status
- Forbes.cz: Romani celebrity Monika Bagárová is the third most influential person on Czech Instagram
- Czech car manufacturer Škoda distances itself from video by German ultra-right rapper
- Romani activist, journalist, poet and translator Jan Döme Horváth has passed away in the Czech Republic
- The Central Council of German Sinti and Roma is deeply saddened by the death of Holocaust survivor and Roma civil rights activist Raymond Gurême
- Romani musician proposed for Czech state honors
- Martin Mata: Save your money, the pandemic will have an overwhelming economic impact
- Petr Torák: The COVID-19 pandemic is getting worse in Britain, dozens of Roma are returning to the Czech Republic
- Romani doctor in the Czech Republic: This work is enormously meaningful during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Czech ombudsman "likes" racist post on Facebook, refuses to answer questions about what that means