Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
The boxer Miroslav Gorol, representing the Czech Republic, has won the bronze medal in the European Youth Championship held in Antalya, Turkey. In the semifinals of the weight category up to 56 kilograms he was defeated after a protracted fight with Russian boxer Alexei Kiselev.
The talented boxer from Ostrava fought his way on behalf of Czech boxing to a fourth medal in the European Championship in this age category and a third bronze. The last boxer to win bronze for the Czech Republic was Dušan Chromý in the category up to 48 kilograms in 2009.
Zdeněk Chládek won bronze for the Czech Republic in 2007 in the category up to 64 kilograms, while Lukáš Konečný won silver for the Czech Republic in 1995 in the category up to 60 kilograms. Between 1974 and 1992, Czechoslovak junior boxers won 12 medals, three of them silvers.
- UK Boxing Board of Control suspends Tyson Fury, fighter with Irish Traveller roots relinquishes remaining titles to get sober
- Tyson Fury, boxer with Romani roots, defeats Klitschko to become world champion
- Czech Republic: Boxing club offers Roma a new start
- Gypsy Boxer Is Aiming For Olympic Glory
- "Gypsy King" Tyson Fury defeats Wilder to become world boxing champion
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights to take up human rights agenda, discrimination still an issue
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights wants to investigate human rights, new Public Defender is downplaying that aspect of the office
- Anna Šabatová's term as Czech Public Defender of Rights ends: "I did what was within my power to do"
- Juliana Vodrážková: Josef Bánom has passed away
- Slovak President Čaputová awards Romani doctor and human rights activist with state honors
- Commentary: Which Czech media outlets can we take seriously?
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights is now Monika Šimůnková, a former Human Rights Commissioner
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin wins gold in Sarajevo
- Romani community member Jozef Facuna has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Emil Voráč: Some non-Romani social work clients in the Czech Republic refuse aid from Romani people
- International Romani amateur boxing match won by team from Slovakia