Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
The boxer Miroslav Gorol, representing the Czech Republic, has won the bronze medal in the European Youth Championship held in Antalya, Turkey. In the semifinals of the weight category up to 56 kilograms he was defeated after a protracted fight with Russian boxer Alexei Kiselev.
The talented boxer from Ostrava fought his way on behalf of Czech boxing to a fourth medal in the European Championship in this age category and a third bronze. The last boxer to win bronze for the Czech Republic was Dušan Chromý in the category up to 48 kilograms in 2009.
Zdeněk Chládek won bronze for the Czech Republic in 2007 in the category up to 64 kilograms, while Lukáš Konečný won silver for the Czech Republic in 1995 in the category up to 60 kilograms. Between 1974 and 1992, Czechoslovak junior boxers won 12 medals, three of them silvers.
- UK Boxing Board of Control suspends Tyson Fury, fighter with Irish Traveller roots relinquishes remaining titles to get sober
- Gypsy Boxer Is Aiming For Olympic Glory
- Czech citizens living abroad can vote in October elections, deadline to register at consulate or embassy is 29 August
- Grandson of famous Czechoslovak partisan from the Romani community says his grandfather was a hero
- Commentary: The dictatorship in a hostile Russia is criticizing the Czechs about human rights over the death of Stanislav Tomáš
- Ladislav Samek: It is hard to get rid of the label of "institutionalized child" in Czech society
- Romani activist Štefan Tišer has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Funeral for Jan Rác will take place tomorrow, Friday, 4 June, in Karviná, Czech Republic
- Funeral for Jiřina Šiklová to be held tomorrow in Prague
- Jan Rác, Romani activist and researcher, has passed away
- Petr Ščuka: Romani flag accessories with Swarovski crystals are popular
- Czech Charter 77 signatory and sociologist Jiřina Šiklová has passed away, advocated for Romani equality
- Even in hell, she chose good: Alfreda Markowska, the Polish Romani woman who saved Jewish and Romani children from the Nazis
- Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic defeats competitor after 90 seconds