Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
The boxer Miroslav Gorol, representing the Czech Republic, has won the bronze medal in the European Youth Championship held in Antalya, Turkey. In the semifinals of the weight category up to 56 kilograms he was defeated after a protracted fight with Russian boxer Alexei Kiselev.
The talented boxer from Ostrava fought his way on behalf of Czech boxing to a fourth medal in the European Championship in this age category and a third bronze. The last boxer to win bronze for the Czech Republic was Dušan Chromý in the category up to 48 kilograms in 2009.
Zdeněk Chládek won bronze for the Czech Republic in 2007 in the category up to 64 kilograms, while Lukáš Konečný won silver for the Czech Republic in 1995 in the category up to 60 kilograms. Between 1974 and 1992, Czechoslovak junior boxers won 12 medals, three of them silvers.
- UK Boxing Board of Control suspends Tyson Fury, fighter with Irish Traveller roots relinquishes remaining titles to get sober
- Tyson Fury, boxer with Romani roots, defeats Klitschko to become world champion
- Czech Republic: Boxing club offers Roma a new start
- Gypsy Boxer Is Aiming For Olympic Glory
- Romani musician proposed for Czech state honors
- Martin Mata: Save your money, the pandemic will have an overwhelming economic impact
- Petr Torák: The COVID-19 pandemic is getting worse in Britain, dozens of Roma are returning to the Czech Republic
- Romani doctor in the Czech Republic: This work is enormously meaningful during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Czech ombudsman "likes" racist post on Facebook, refuses to answer questions about what that means
- Slovakia's TV Romana to be carried by the Orange TV satellite network
- Forced sterilizations in Europe and the USA and their consequences for today
- "Gypsy King" Tyson Fury defeats Wilder to become world boxing champion
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights to take up human rights agenda, discrimination still an issue
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights wants to investigate human rights, new Public Defender is downplaying that aspect of the office
- Anna Šabatová's term as Czech Public Defender of Rights ends: "I did what was within my power to do"
- Juliana Vodrážková: Josef Bánom has passed away