Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
The boxer Miroslav Gorol, representing the Czech Republic, has won the bronze medal in the European Youth Championship held in Antalya, Turkey. In the semifinals of the weight category up to 56 kilograms he was defeated after a protracted fight with Russian boxer Alexei Kiselev.
The talented boxer from Ostrava fought his way on behalf of Czech boxing to a fourth medal in the European Championship in this age category and a third bronze. The last boxer to win bronze for the Czech Republic was Dušan Chromý in the category up to 48 kilograms in 2009.
Zdeněk Chládek won bronze for the Czech Republic in 2007 in the category up to 64 kilograms, while Lukáš Konečný won silver for the Czech Republic in 1995 in the category up to 60 kilograms. Between 1974 and 1992, Czechoslovak junior boxers won 12 medals, three of them silvers.
- UK Boxing Board of Control suspends Tyson Fury, fighter with Irish Traveller roots relinquishes remaining titles to get sober
- Tyson Fury, boxer with Romani roots, defeats Klitschko to become world champion
- Gypsy Boxer Is Aiming For Olympic Glory
- "Gypsy King" boxer Tyson Fury tells GQ he once gave his Louboutins to a homeless man in LA, but his giving doesn't stop there
- Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic keeps winning with "Gitano" on his back and the Romani flag on his shorts
- Romani kickboxer becomes Czech champion in classical boxing as well, will the big promoters notice?
- Commentary: Senator infamous for antigypsyist remarks about the "cikánská question" joins regional party in the Czech Republic
- Rajko Djurić, academic, author and former president of the International Romani Union, has passed away
- Council of Europe says Czech Republic not doing enough to teach the Romani language
- UK quarantine for travelers arriving from Czech Republic begins tomorrow
- UK: Thousands of Czech citizens, mainly Roma, don't have the documents they need to apply for settled status
- Forbes.cz: Romani celebrity Monika Bagárová is the third most influential person on Czech Instagram
- Czech car manufacturer Škoda distances itself from video by German ultra-right rapper
- Romani activist, journalist, poet and translator Jan Döme Horváth has passed away in the Czech Republic
- The Central Council of German Sinti and Roma is deeply saddened by the death of Holocaust survivor and Roma civil rights activist Raymond Gurême