Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
The boxer Miroslav Gorol, representing the Czech Republic, has won the bronze medal in the European Youth Championship held in Antalya, Turkey. In the semifinals of the weight category up to 56 kilograms he was defeated after a protracted fight with Russian boxer Alexei Kiselev.
The talented boxer from Ostrava fought his way on behalf of Czech boxing to a fourth medal in the European Championship in this age category and a third bronze. The last boxer to win bronze for the Czech Republic was Dušan Chromý in the category up to 48 kilograms in 2009.
Zdeněk Chládek won bronze for the Czech Republic in 2007 in the category up to 64 kilograms, while Lukáš Konečný won silver for the Czech Republic in 1995 in the category up to 60 kilograms. Between 1974 and 1992, Czechoslovak junior boxers won 12 medals, three of them silvers.
- Tyson Fury, boxer with Romani roots, defeats Klitschko to become world champion
- Czech Republic: Boxing club offers Roma a new start
- Czech film festival awards film about Romani boxer
- Domenico "Volcano" Spada: The boxer who fights under the Roma flag
- Gypsy Boxer Is Aiming For Olympic Glory
- CNN: Czech Republic has discriminated against Romani refugees from Ukraine, updated data refute the myth that they all hold dual citizenship
- Czech Romani official who proposed Romani partisan for state honors: We must never forget him, skin color doesn't matter, what is important is bravery, human decency, and morality
- Romani community in Czech city chooses five figures to honor for their contribution to civil society, including aid to Romani refugees from Ukraine
- Romani kickboxer Václav Sivák unequivocally wins the Oktagon Underground MMA fight in a packed O2 Arena in the Czech Republic
- Tyson Fury, a.k.a. "The Gypsy King", again defends his boxing title as world champion
- Funeral held in Czech capital for Pavlína Radlová, a pivotal member of the Romani community and civil society
- Olga Fečová, author, foster mother and pedagogical assistant, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Štefan Pongo, founder of the Czechoslovak Romani Union, has passed away
- In Russian debut, Romani kickboxer Sivák of the Czech Republic brilliantly delivers victory over Russian fighter Mikhailov
- Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia: NGO reports that LGBT+ Roma face discrimination from their own families as well as majority societies in these EU Member States
- Petr Torák, Czech Romani émigré to the UK, given prestigious educators' award there
- Civil society members of the Czech Govt Council for Romani Minority Affairs: Petr Uhl was and will always remain a person who gave many Romani men and women a hope of a more dignified life