Romani kickbox champ of Czech Republic celebrates victory at Muay-Thai evening in Slovakia with Romani flag around his shoulders
Václav Sivák, the Czech Republic's champion kickboxer, was the unequivocal victor of the recent Muay-Thai evening in Trenčín, Slovakia during a match against Lukáš Mandinec. Sivák safely dominated all five rounds and his opponent was glad to fight to the end without being knocked out.
Sivák celebrated his victory with a Romani flag around his shoulders. He expressed great determination to win before the match.
"I will do all I can to be the one whose hand is raised in victory after the match," he told news server Top-fight.cz ahead of the contest. The server reported that rumor has it the athlete has been asked to move into mixed martial arts (MMA).
"If an offer for a really big match comes up, I'll do it. However, my passion for the time being remains K-1 and Muay Thai," the kickboxer said.
Sivák will fight in Prague on 29 March at a professional K-1 match. The name of his challenger is not yet known.
- Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
- Slovakia: Man shoots at Romani groundskeepers, then hangs Nazi flag from his window, is now in custody
- Week-long education event at Terezín also honors genocide of Roma with concert and flag
- Czech commemoration of Holocaust at Terezín Memorial will again not feature the Romani flag
- US Ambassador hangs the Romani flag at the US Embassy in Prague
- Czech Foreign Ministry flies Romani flag, outgoing Foreign Minister and Justice Minister meet with Roma
- International Roma flag to fly on buildings throughout Czech Republic tomorrow for Roma Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Renata Berkyová: Gays, hands off the Romani flag!
- Czech religious representatives fly Roma flag in honor of Holocaust victims
- European Roma and Travellers Forum expresses support for Czech NGOs seeking to fly the rainbow and Roma flags at Terezín
- Czech Republic: Terezín Commission refuses NGO request to officially fly the LGBTQ and Romani flags during commemoration
- Czech Republic: Canadian Ambassador attends International Romani Day event, embassy displays Romani flag
- US Embassy in Prague displays Romani flag in honor of International Romani Day
- Germany: Neo-Nazis and populists march in Berlin waving fake Third Reich flags and those of Russia
- Refugees to have their own team at Rio under the Olympic flag
- Pro-refugee demos throughout Europe, Czech Police detain Romani activist again over flag
- Czech Republic: Anti-immigration protesters set EU flags on fire
- Czech-Slovak co-production of TV singing contest to feature Romani celebrity on the jury
- Czech court again acquits youths accused of assaulting man because of his skin color, prosecutor may appeal
- Romani community member becomes Miss Czech Republic
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin wins gold in Sarajevo
- Czech MPs pass over ultra-right party's candidate for Czech News Agency board in favor of Pirates' pick
- Czech ice hockey friendly goes uncompleted after fans racially abuse Romani player and his team stops play in protest
- Slovakia: Romani girl from settlement now champion runner in her region
- England: Czech emigré of Romani origin establishes boxing team for children from the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- UK boxer of Irish Traveller origin Tyson Fury met his fans in Prague
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin to compete next week at MMA gala in Prague
- Slovak football tournament brings together diplomats, Roma and politicians for the fifth time
- VIDEO: Kickbox champ of Czech Republic wins again, celebrates with the Romani flag