Romani kickbox champ of Czech Republic celebrates victory at Muay-Thai evening in Slovakia with Romani flag around his shoulders
Václav Sivák, the Czech Republic's champion kickboxer, was the unequivocal victor of the recent Muay-Thai evening in Trenčín, Slovakia during a match against Lukáš Mandinec. Sivák safely dominated all five rounds and his opponent was glad to fight to the end without being knocked out.
Sivák celebrated his victory with a Romani flag around his shoulders. He expressed great determination to win before the match.
"I will do all I can to be the one whose hand is raised in victory after the match," he told news server Top-fight.cz ahead of the contest. The server reported that rumor has it the athlete has been asked to move into mixed martial arts (MMA).
"If an offer for a really big match comes up, I'll do it. However, my passion for the time being remains K-1 and Muay Thai," the kickboxer said.
Sivák will fight in Prague on 29 March at a professional K-1 match. The name of his challenger is not yet known.
- Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
- Slovakia: Man shoots at Romani groundskeepers, then hangs Nazi flag from his window, is now in custody
- Week-long education event at Terezín also honors genocide of Roma with concert and flag
- Czech commemoration of Holocaust at Terezín Memorial will again not feature the Romani flag
- US Ambassador hangs the Romani flag at the US Embassy in Prague
- Czech Foreign Ministry flies Romani flag, outgoing Foreign Minister and Justice Minister meet with Roma
- International Roma flag to fly on buildings throughout Czech Republic tomorrow for Roma Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Renata Berkyová: Gays, hands off the Romani flag!
- Czech religious representatives fly Roma flag in honor of Holocaust victims
- European Roma and Travellers Forum expresses support for Czech NGOs seeking to fly the rainbow and Roma flags at Terezín
- Czech Republic: Terezín Commission refuses NGO request to officially fly the LGBTQ and Romani flags during commemoration
- Czech Republic: Canadian Ambassador attends International Romani Day event, embassy displays Romani flag
- US Embassy in Prague displays Romani flag in honor of International Romani Day
- Romani runner in Slovakia whose junior career has been so hopeful confirms she is pregnant
- Czech football club Sparta has identified the fans who shouted racist insults at Monaco player, filed a crime report against them and banned them from stadiums
- "Kamara - just a n****r" - Czech Police looking for football fans who published racist banner
- Petr Ščuka: Romani flag accessories with Swarovski crystals are popular
- Romani player on Czech futsal team says he responds to racism by playing even better
- Romani scholarship recipient plans to work on AI at Czech university
- Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic defeats competitor after 90 seconds
- Jaroslav Miko: Radek Bangas remarks about the Romani community in the Czech Republic are untrue, especially his "guesstimates"
- Czech footballer Ondřej Kúdela, centre-back for Slavia Prague, accused of racism in Glasgow
- Romani kickboxer wins quarter-final of cage match on Czech-Slovak OKTAGON MMA show, withdraws after injury
- Chess player, age 11, is a Romani talent from Slovakia who is defeating adult competitors
- Slovak Statistical Office: People can list two nationalities in census, which begins today online only