Romani singer Bertík Girga overwhelms "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" jurors, evoking tears, hugs, and a standing ovation
The well-known Romani singer Bertík Girga has absolutely overwhelmed the jurors of the television competition "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent", performing his own Czech lyrics to the melody of Marc Anthony's song "My Baby You". He dedicated his performance to his late son.
"I wrote the lyrics together with a friend of mine whose son died, just like mine did. Both died of an insidious disease, and this song brought us together," Girga said in the introduction.
"I would like to send this song to all of the children in the world," Girga said. Juror Marta Jandová had difficulty holding back tears during his performance, which received a standing ovation.
Ultimately the entire Incheba Arena was on their feet for Girga. "You gave us your all," said juror Diana Mórová.
"You radiate happiness, even though you've lived through something so sad, and the shading, the lyrics said absolutely everything about what has happened in your life, I immensely appreciate it. May I give you a hug?" asked the weeping Jandová, moving to embrace him.
Girga then thanked the juror. It was unanimously decided that he will move on to the next round of the competition.
- Czech town sees 6 000 people attend Romfest in runup to elections, Romani figures explained the importance of voting and warned against ultranationalists
- Jury of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" TV contest brought to tears by performance of Romani children from the Luník IX housing estate
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY: Discussion of the case of the death of Stanislav Tomáš, Ústí nad Labem, Czech Republic
- Assembly against discrimination and racism in Ústí nad Labem, Czech Republic attended mostly by Romani people
- Another Romani musician in a Czech hospital sends social media message to COVID-19 deniers: This is real and the hospitals are running out of room
- Popular Romani singer Bertík Girga posts emotional video from Czech hospital telling people COVID-19 is real
- Vaccinations against COVID-19 - how is the Romani community in the Czech Republic responding?
- Czech Police assess incident where man pointed a gun at a seven-year-old Romani boy as a misdemeanor
- World-renowned pianist Tomáš Kačo performs in Prague as part of the KHAMORO World Roma Festival
- After a three-year hiatus, outdoor Romani music festival resumes in Czech town on 16 July
- KHAMORO World Roma Festival resumes parade in Czech capital
- KHAMORO World Roma Festival visits refugee camp in Czech capital, Vojta Lavička and the Surmaj brothers perform there
- Romani kickboxer Václav Sivák unequivocally wins the Oktagon Underground MMA fight in a packed O2 Arena in the Czech Republic
- More than 3 000 people assembled to celebrate World Roma Day in Ostrava, Czech Republic - footage of performances here
- Antonín Gondolán: If you're a decent person who looks good, you can get things done!
- Jan Cina wins Czech Television's StarDance 2021 competition with Adriana Mašková
- Final round of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" to broadcast this weekend, Romani family act makes the finals
- Tomáš Kačo, composer, improviser and pianist of Romani origin, to perform in his home town and in the Czech capital
- Dominik Oračko, Romani weightlifter, given regional honor in the Czech Republic
- Czech popular music awards show returns, Romani singer Monika Bagárová schools racist rapper on live television