September 6th... The Infamous French Summit against Roma!
Roma brothers and sisters, friends of all ethnic groups, all those committed to the principles of equality and discrimination in our societies, we call to join our international protest series organized simultaneously on September 6th at 11:30 a.m. (Bucharest time). The protest is initiated and supported by the Roma Civic Alliance of Romania Roma community leaders from Bihor, Botosani, Braila, Brasov, Constanta, Dolj, Hunedoara, Iasi, Ilfov, Neamt, Salaj, Timisoara counties, in response to the summit organized by the French President Nicholas Sarkozy in Paris.
This infamous summit is organized against all Roma ethnics everywhere.
This summit proposes to stigmatize the entire Roma nation!
We call to join us and protest in front of the French Embassies wherever you are.
We all will protest:
- Against the ethnic cleansing policy carried out by the French government against Romanian and Bulgarian citizens of Roma origin,
- Against collective expulsion and repressive measures and victimization of an entire ethnic group,
- Against the abolition of the presumption of innocence as regards the Roma citizens as well as against the collectively criminalization of an entire ethnic group,
- Against the illegal fingerprinting of the French authorities.
The public calls of the international human rights organizations, those of the Catholic Church, and of the NGOs remained silent in the French cabinet.
Europe-wide boycott of French products and services.
We invite you all to disseminate the call for boycott of French products and services, in order to make the French rulers more aware of the fact that the fundamental rights are not subject to negotiation.
SPECIAL: The Situation in France
- Commissioner Jourová, awarding Andalusia prize for the EU Capital of Diversity and Inclusion: Roma are hardest hit during crises
- EU agrees rules to regulate social media content
- DEADLINE 31 JANUARY: Call to contribute to the Roma Civil Monitor 2021-2025 project
- The disinformation war in 2021: Main targets were Ukraine, COVID-19, and who is responsible for refugees
- Czech lower house to review Govt agreement with expansion of the EU Fundamental Rights Agency, which advises on racism and other matters
- Czech biologist says COVID-19 Omicron variant has no problem defeating our immunity
- MEPs who visited Romani settlements in Slovakia shocked to see such horrifying living conditions in the EU
- European Parliament will discuss police brutality against Romani people in EU, on the basis of Czech case
- Austria's Die Presse: Covert racism is why Europe's Roma are worse off after COVID-19 pandemic
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency and OSCE say governments must deliver aid to Roma affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- Zeljko Jovanovic: The New Roma Politics of Self-Determination and Unity
- LIVE BROADCAST NOW! EU Anti-Racism Summit