Shut down this Facebook hate site!
The anti racist group "Love Music HateRacism" as called for the shutting down of an anti-Romanian hate site on facebook. LMHR issued the following statement: Today we were alerted to a facebook group--''I Hate Romanian Gypsies''-- that targets what the creator Aaron Prestley calls ''Romanian Gypsies''.
Lets have a look at what Aaron Prestley has to say on her group...
''No I do not need my windscreen washed with fairy liquid and urine, served in a greasy 7UP bottle. No, I'm not giving you my parking meter money. No, pinching your baby so it crys will not make me give you money. No I don't approve of ending a days begging by jumping into an S Class Mercedes.
I have been advised to change the name of this group to "I Hate Gypsies" to remove any raciest connotations. The Romanian part of the title, tho descriptive is not fair as their home/nest is in Bulgaria. This is not anything to do with impoverished nations trying to survive, or people begging to feed their family. Anyone who actually did any reading on gypsies would know THIS IS OGRANISED CRIME. Not racial slurs.''
Not only is her spelling terrible,but her ignorance is astounding as she tries to say that Romanian people ''Nest'' in Bulgaria.
We think anyone would agree that this is racist in every sense of the word.Having ''hate'' ,''Romanian'' and ''Gypsies'' in the groups title ,it could not be clearer that this group is meant to create anger and hate towards anyone that looks to ''beg'' or ''tap'' on the street.And the fact that she brands everyone that does this with being from a certain country shows that this is clearly an attack on a specific group.
But what is more alarming is that there are over 3,000 fans of this page.
We would like to point your attention out to this ''I Hate Romanian Gypsies'' Group and would like to ask you all to leave a comment to show your distaste, and then report it to Facebook to be shut down-http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=nf&gid=264542235177
- Hindus concerned for Gypsies’ safety after new Czech Republic study
- Czech Republic: Demonstrations against neo-Nazis and racists set for Saturday
- Mob of ethnic Czechs tries to attack Romani residents in Varnsdorf
- Czech Republic: Romani family, threatened with murder in Rumburk, flees
- White supremacists stage another provocation in Czech Republic
- Elite Czech Police units overdoing harsh interventions against minorities
- German police say racism possible motive for arson attack on Roma
- Police arrest suspects in attempted arson in Býchory, Czech Republic
- Rights Groups Urge Czech Mayor To Discontinue Anti-Romani Rhetoric
- Janáčková backs candidate Jezerský, who wanted to shoot Roma
- Hindus want EU and UN to halt France’s racism engulfed Roma maltreatment
- Anti-discrimination NGOs are demanding the resignation of the Romanian Minister of Foreign Affairs Baconschi