Slovak Armed Forces thank Romani community on Facebook for rescuing soldiers from a car accident
An accident involving a vehicle of the Armed Forces of the Slovak Republic happened in eastern Slovakia on Easter Sunday. The first to rush to the scene were local Romani people from the nearby community of Soľ (Prešov Region).
Members of the Armed Forces happened to have performed tests for COVID-19 there the day before in the local Romani community. The Armed Forces of the Slovak Republic posted the news to its Facebook profile and news server Vranovske.sk covered it.
Thanks to the aid provided by local Romani people, the soldiers managed to escape the accident without suffering more serious injury. "Today the inhabitants of the community of Soľ, Vranov nad Topľou district, assisted the rescue of our boys from a car accident," the status update reads.
"We tested Romani people in Soľ yesterday, and it was exactly the Roma who called for help for our accident today. THANK YOU! PS: We've breathed a sigh of relief: Everybody will be ok," says the post.
- Slovak police harshly intervene against Romani people in Bardějov, make three arrests
- Slovakia: At-home quarantine not functional in Romani-inhabited settlements, COVID-19 infected persons to be taken to state-run facilities
- Slovakia: Five Romani-inhabited settlements are being closed for quarantine, 30+ COVID-19 infected persons found so far
- Slovak President greets Romani people for International Romani Day: Paľikerav tumenge. Džanav mištes hoj jekhetane koda keraha
- Slovakia confirms COVID-19 in Romani community of Richnava
- Slovakia: 40 FAQs about COVID-19 testing in marginalized Roma communities
- Slovakia reports first positive COVID-19 test in Romani settlements
- Slovakia reports that none of the samples tested for COVID-19 in Jarovnice came back positive
- Slovakia: COVID-19 testing begins in Romani settlements, those who test positive will be locally quarantined
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for Roma tells ROMEA TV there are no plans for the Army and police to "invade" Romani settlements
- Slovakia will test Romani settlement residents for COVID-19 and isolate infected people in state-run facilities
- Slovakia: New Plenipotentiary for Roma to be Andrea Bučková
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for Romani Communities tells PM to either fire him or let him do his job
- Slovak Romani settlement quarantined after resident returns from England
- Jan Horvát: Czech and Slovak Govts must immediately combat COVID-19 in excluded localities
- Czech Interior Minister: Romani refugees from Ukraine are not a threat, they are the worst-afflicted by this crisis, we can atone for the hardship we have caused them
- Number of homeless Romani refugees from Ukraine sleeping at main train station in the Czech capital seems to be decreasing for now
- Czech Govt website provides overview of aid available to counter inflation, uptake has been slow
- Romani NGO offers Czech Interior Ministry list of places where different kinds of housing could be built for homeless Romani refugees from Ukraine
- Czech capital's "tent city" for refugees from Ukraine has seen 250 people pass through it so far
- Czech Govt Council on Roma Community Affairs establishes new team to resolve Romani refugee situation, to be led by Human Rights Commissioner
- Czech NGO director: Government never consulted changes to support for refugees from Ukraine with our organization
- Czech Government proposes stricter rules for temporary protection for refugees from Ukraine
- Aid to refugees from Ukraine will no longer be offered at Czech capital's main train station by close of this month, about 500 Romani refugees continue to sleep there
- Czech NGO aiding refugees says if Government doesn't begin resolving the Prague train station situation, they will stop providing legal assistance there
- Czech capital to see demonstration in support of Romani refugees from Ukraine calling for dignified conditions
- Czech Govt Human Rights Commissioner: Government should collaborate more with experts and offer refugee families in tents dignified aid