Slovak Armed Forces thank Romani community on Facebook for rescuing soldiers from a car accident
An accident involving a vehicle of the Armed Forces of the Slovak Republic happened in eastern Slovakia on Easter Sunday. The first to rush to the scene were local Romani people from the nearby community of Soľ (Prešov Region).
Members of the Armed Forces happened to have performed tests for COVID-19 there the day before in the local Romani community. The Armed Forces of the Slovak Republic posted the news to its Facebook profile and news server Vranovske.sk covered it.
Thanks to the aid provided by local Romani people, the soldiers managed to escape the accident without suffering more serious injury. "Today the inhabitants of the community of Soľ, Vranov nad Topľou district, assisted the rescue of our boys from a car accident," the status update reads.
"We tested Romani people in Soľ yesterday, and it was exactly the Roma who called for help for our accident today. THANK YOU! PS: We've breathed a sigh of relief: Everybody will be ok," says the post.
- Slovak police harshly intervene against Romani people in Bardějov, make three arrests
- Slovakia: At-home quarantine not functional in Romani-inhabited settlements, COVID-19 infected persons to be taken to state-run facilities
- Slovakia: Five Romani-inhabited settlements are being closed for quarantine, 30+ COVID-19 infected persons found so far
- Slovak President greets Romani people for International Romani Day: Paľikerav tumenge. Džanav mištes hoj jekhetane koda keraha
- Slovakia confirms COVID-19 in Romani community of Richnava
- Slovakia: 40 FAQs about COVID-19 testing in marginalized Roma communities
- Slovakia reports first positive COVID-19 test in Romani settlements
- Slovakia reports that none of the samples tested for COVID-19 in Jarovnice came back positive
- Slovakia: COVID-19 testing begins in Romani settlements, those who test positive will be locally quarantined
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for Roma tells ROMEA TV there are no plans for the Army and police to "invade" Romani settlements
- Slovakia will test Romani settlement residents for COVID-19 and isolate infected people in state-run facilities
- Slovakia: New Plenipotentiary for Roma to be Andrea Bučková
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for Romani Communities tells PM to either fire him or let him do his job
- Slovak Romani settlement quarantined after resident returns from England
- Jan Horvát: Czech and Slovak Govts must immediately combat COVID-19 in excluded localities
- Slovak quarantine measures in Romani settlement are over, police and soldiers no longer on guard there
- During Czech COVID-19 pandemic, NGO distributes more than 80 laptops to Romani students for distance learning
- Slovak MP of Romani origin Peter Pollák, Jr.: COVID-19 isn't racist
- Romani politicians: Slovak court's judgment in case of police abuse of children is unacceptable
- Czech millionaire goes undercover as part of new reality show, volunteers at Romani boxing club, then surprises them with a donation
- Slovak Govt Roma Plenipotentiary says Romani community rates of COVID-19 infection the same as majority-society rates
- Young Roma in the Czech Republic call on community to protect themselves from COVID-19 and not believe everything they read online
- Romani musician in Czech Republic regrets believing COVID-19 was fake now that he's had it
- Zuzana Kumanová becomes the first Romani woman ever appointed to high office in Slovakia
- Romani journalists in Czech Republic call on community to uphold measures against pandemic
- Slovak court says school, not state, is responsible for segregating Romani children
- Slovak politician gets 4 months and 4 years for establishing a movement to suppress human rights, he appeals