Slovak Armed Forces thank Romani community on Facebook for rescuing soldiers from a car accident
An accident involving a vehicle of the Armed Forces of the Slovak Republic happened in eastern Slovakia on Easter Sunday. The first to rush to the scene were local Romani people from the nearby community of Soľ (Prešov Region).
Members of the Armed Forces happened to have performed tests for COVID-19 there the day before in the local Romani community. The Armed Forces of the Slovak Republic posted the news to its Facebook profile and news server Vranovske.sk covered it.
Thanks to the aid provided by local Romani people, the soldiers managed to escape the accident without suffering more serious injury. "Today the inhabitants of the community of Soľ, Vranov nad Topľou district, assisted the rescue of our boys from a car accident," the status update reads.
"We tested Romani people in Soľ yesterday, and it was exactly the Roma who called for help for our accident today. THANK YOU! PS: We've breathed a sigh of relief: Everybody will be ok," says the post.
- Slovak police harshly intervene against Romani people in Bardějov, make three arrests
- Slovakia: At-home quarantine not functional in Romani-inhabited settlements, COVID-19 infected persons to be taken to state-run facilities
- Slovakia: Five Romani-inhabited settlements are being closed for quarantine, 30+ COVID-19 infected persons found so far
- Slovak President greets Romani people for International Romani Day: Paľikerav tumenge. Džanav mištes hoj jekhetane koda keraha
- Slovakia confirms COVID-19 in Romani community of Richnava
- Slovakia: 40 FAQs about COVID-19 testing in marginalized Roma communities
- Slovakia reports first positive COVID-19 test in Romani settlements
- Slovakia reports that none of the samples tested for COVID-19 in Jarovnice came back positive
- Slovakia: COVID-19 testing begins in Romani settlements, those who test positive will be locally quarantined
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for Roma tells ROMEA TV there are no plans for the Army and police to "invade" Romani settlements
- Slovakia will test Romani settlement residents for COVID-19 and isolate infected people in state-run facilities
- Slovakia: New Plenipotentiary for Roma to be Andrea Bučková
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for Romani Communities tells PM to either fire him or let him do his job
- Slovak Romani settlement quarantined after resident returns from England
- Jan Horvát: Czech and Slovak Govts must immediately combat COVID-19 in excluded localities
- LIVE AT 16:00 CET: Pope Francis meets Romani people at Košice's Luník IX housing estate in Slovakia
- Family turns to crowdfunding for daughter's post-brain surgery recovery, Czech insurance doesn't cover therapy that gets results
- Romani runner in Slovakia whose junior career has been so hopeful confirms she is pregnant
- Slovakia: Drunken, knife-wielding man threatens to kill Romani children for being in a park and is now in custody
- Romani-inhabited housing estate Luník IX in Slovakia sees start of local vaccinations against COVID-19
- In the Czech Republic, mobile teams have begun vaccinating people against COVID-19 in socially excluded localities
- Romani women and children in Slovakia assaulted physically and verbally by stranger at a lake
- Commentary: David Mezei, false prophet, and the Romani elite of the Czech Republic
- Czech attorney for the family of Stanislav Tomáš has requested a second autopsy - Romea.cz refutes disinformation being spread by Facebook LIVE broadcasters
- Czech tornado has left many homeless, including Romani widow with six children
- Slovak Government apologizes to Romani community for brutal police raid in 2013
- Czech Republic tornado aftermath: How to donate to the communities affected