Slovakia's TV Romana to be carried by the Orange TV satellite network
The programs offered by Orange TV in Slovakia will apparently be expanding to include another channel in its satellite offerings. TV Romana, which aims to cover Romani community subject matter, should be included in the lineup.
Until now the channel has been accessible on satellite just through Pantelio on the Hispasat 30W-5 (30°W) satellite channel. Now it will be possible to tune in to the satellite offerings of the Orange SK company from the Czech Republic as well.
The satellite signal of TV Romana in the "Orange TV cez satelit" package is encrypted by the Irdeto system, both in the original CAID code system number 0609 and the new one, 0690. As news server parabola.cz reports, Orange SK has recently expanded its program offerings by seven new stations.
Another Romani television channel accessible by Internet is ROMEA TV, which began in the Czech Republic 2003 and regularly documents current events of concern to Romani people in the Czech Republic. In Slovakia a channel called Gipsy Television has been broadcasting on the Internet for several years now, and Tuke TV in the Czech Republic has also recently begun posting its video content to YouTube.
- Slovakia: Romani girl who ran her first race in flats now national silver medalist
- Analysis: Slovak elections a Pyrrhic victory despite number of Roma elected
- Slovak elections: Opposition OLaNO wins, no growth in votes for fascist party
- Newly-elected Slovak MP Jarmila Vaňová: I thank Romani voters for coming out and demanding change
- Czech commercial television station broadcast racist jokes on Christmas, broadcast council warns they broke the law
- Czech-Slovak co-production of TV singing contest to feature Romani celebrity on the jury
- Czech Republic: Roma Pride 2019 broadcast live online by ROMEA TV
- ROMEA TV: Irrefutable evidence found that industrial pig farm was built on top of former concentration camp for Roma
- ROMEA TV LIVE from Roma Holocaust Memorial Day events at Auschwitz Memorial
- Russian military television grossly exaggerates Czech turnout for anti-EU demonstration
- Absurd hoax continues to spread that Roma NGOs want Czech Television series cancelled
- Romani community opinion divided over new Czech Television sitcom with Romani characters
- Roma satellite radio station ROTASAT loses license in Czech Republic
- Czech capital to see new Center for the Roma and Sinti, meant to serve the general public
- Commentary: The Czech and Slovak Romani community on the battlefield that is Facebook
- European Court of Human Rights rules against Slovakia in case of police brutality against Roma
- Slovak President commemorates WWII-era National Uprising to which Roma also contributed
- UK quarantine for travelers arriving from Czech Republic begins tomorrow
- UK: Thousands of Czech citizens, mainly Roma, don't have the documents they need to apply for settled status
- Czech ceremony commemorating Romani prisoners sent to Auschwitz on 20 August attended by more than 150 people
- Tomáš Ščuka: Czech ombudsman's opinions just confirm his incompetence
- Slovak project where Roma build their own homes seems more feasible in village setting, for now
- Czech Public Defender of Rights says he is against "special treatment" for Romani people
- Czech police use dehumanizing terms if incidents involve Romani people, the media parrot them - and then pogroms begin
- Slovak tabloid covers funeral of Romani woman as spectacle