Slovakia's TV Romana to be carried by the Orange TV satellite network
The programs offered by Orange TV in Slovakia will apparently be expanding to include another channel in its satellite offerings. TV Romana, which aims to cover Romani community subject matter, should be included in the lineup.
Until now the channel has been accessible on satellite just through Pantelio on the Hispasat 30W-5 (30°W) satellite channel. Now it will be possible to tune in to the satellite offerings of the Orange SK company from the Czech Republic as well.
The satellite signal of TV Romana in the "Orange TV cez satelit" package is encrypted by the Irdeto system, both in the original CAID code system number 0609 and the new one, 0690. As news server parabola.cz reports, Orange SK has recently expanded its program offerings by seven new stations.
Another Romani television channel accessible by Internet is ROMEA TV, which began in the Czech Republic 2003 and regularly documents current events of concern to Romani people in the Czech Republic. In Slovakia a channel called Gipsy Television has been broadcasting on the Internet for several years now, and Tuke TV in the Czech Republic has also recently begun posting its video content to YouTube.
- Slovakia: Romani girl who ran her first race in flats now national silver medalist
- Analysis: Slovak elections a Pyrrhic victory despite number of Roma elected
- Slovak elections: Opposition OLaNO wins, no growth in votes for fascist party
- Newly-elected Slovak MP Jarmila Vaňová: I thank Romani voters for coming out and demanding change
- Czech commercial television station broadcast racist jokes on Christmas, broadcast council warns they broke the law
- Czech-Slovak co-production of TV singing contest to feature Romani celebrity on the jury
- Czech Republic: Roma Pride 2019 broadcast live online by ROMEA TV
- ROMEA TV: Irrefutable evidence found that industrial pig farm was built on top of former concentration camp for Roma
- ROMEA TV LIVE from Roma Holocaust Memorial Day events at Auschwitz Memorial
- Russian military television grossly exaggerates Czech turnout for anti-EU demonstration
- Absurd hoax continues to spread that Roma NGOs want Czech Television series cancelled
- Romani community opinion divided over new Czech Television sitcom with Romani characters
- Roma satellite radio station ROTASAT loses license in Czech Republic
- Jarmila Balážová: Petr Uhl stood up for Romani people many times
- DNA samples of Romani people taken to ascertain their ethnic origin were handled unethically and the data was misused
- Czech court gives suspended sentence to woman who threatened to burn down police station in the aftermath of the death of Stanislav Tomáš
- Slovak Government apologizes for illegal sterilizations, lawyer and Plenipotentiary for the Romani Community say compensation must follow
- MEPs compare death of Stanislav Tomáš in the Czech Republic to that of George Floyd in the USA
- Case of Stanislav Tomáš discussed during plenary session of the European Parliament
- Slovak Defense Ministry gives Romani community member Richard Koky award for his contribution to fighting COVID-19, he calls on everyone to get vaccinated
- European Commissioners and MEPs visit Romani settlements in Slovakia
- European Parliament will discuss police brutality against Romani people in EU, on the basis of Czech case
- Slovakia's Roma Spirit 2021: Finalists include fashion designer Pavel Berky, rapper Čavalenky, and activist Denisa Havrľová
- Czech Police: Autopsy clears us in death of Stanislav Tomáš, attorney for his family doubts its findings, ERRC says they will continue to pursue justice despite police rhetoric
- Doctor in Slovakia refuses treatment to Romani toddler because his mother was unvaccinated, he died shortly thereafter