Slovakia's TV Romana to be carried by the Orange TV satellite network
The programs offered by Orange TV in Slovakia will apparently be expanding to include another channel in its satellite offerings. TV Romana, which aims to cover Romani community subject matter, should be included in the lineup.
Until now the channel has been accessible on satellite just through Pantelio on the Hispasat 30W-5 (30°W) satellite channel. Now it will be possible to tune in to the satellite offerings of the Orange SK company from the Czech Republic as well.
The satellite signal of TV Romana in the "Orange TV cez satelit" package is encrypted by the Irdeto system, both in the original CAID code system number 0609 and the new one, 0690. As news server parabola.cz reports, Orange SK has recently expanded its program offerings by seven new stations.
Another Romani television channel accessible by Internet is ROMEA TV, which began in the Czech Republic 2003 and regularly documents current events of concern to Romani people in the Czech Republic. In Slovakia a channel called Gipsy Television has been broadcasting on the Internet for several years now, and Tuke TV in the Czech Republic has also recently begun posting its video content to YouTube.
- Slovakia: Romani girl who ran her first race in flats now national silver medalist
- Analysis: Slovak elections a Pyrrhic victory despite number of Roma elected
- Slovak elections: Opposition OLaNO wins, no growth in votes for fascist party
- Newly-elected Slovak MP Jarmila Vaňová: I thank Romani voters for coming out and demanding change
- Czech commercial television station broadcast racist jokes on Christmas, broadcast council warns they broke the law
- Czech-Slovak co-production of TV singing contest to feature Romani celebrity on the jury
- Czech Republic: Roma Pride 2019 broadcast live online by ROMEA TV
- ROMEA TV: Irrefutable evidence found that industrial pig farm was built on top of former concentration camp for Roma
- ROMEA TV LIVE from Roma Holocaust Memorial Day events at Auschwitz Memorial
- Russian military television grossly exaggerates Czech turnout for anti-EU demonstration
- Absurd hoax continues to spread that Roma NGOs want Czech Television series cancelled
- Romani community opinion divided over new Czech Television sitcom with Romani characters
- Roma satellite radio station ROTASAT loses license in Czech Republic
- Czech firefighters erect another "tent city" for refugees in the Malešice neighborhood of Prague
- Open Society Foundations pledges to invest in new European Roma Foundation for 2023
- NGO director in Czech Republic says politicians' rhetoric about "inadaptable" Roma is dangerous, some non-Roma refugees from Ukraine are reportedly aggressive toward local Roma here
- Romania: 100 Roma demonstrate in Bucharest in front of Russian Embassy with mockup of the tank that Romani Ukrainians captured from the occupiers
- Czech capital's "tent city" receives first Romani refugees from Ukraine
- Czech university distances itself from e-mail alleging increased security needed for dorm because of refugees from Ukraine
- Czech Interior Minister wants stricter checks on the passports held by refugees and changes to the aid offered them
- Volunteer aiding refugees from Ukraine in Czech Republic: Institutionalized racism definitively condemns Romani people to a hopeless fate
- Czech detention facility housing 130+ refugees from Ukraine, half of them are Romani
- Prague asks the Czech state for aid with accommodation of groups of Romani refugees from Ukraine, mayor says the state's effort has failed so far
- Mayor of Czech Republic's second city alleges Romani refugees sleeping in the train station can access benefits in other countries, then admits she can't prove it
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights: Police ignored whether the man they restrained was even alive, ambulance called too late