Slovakia: Romani band Sendreiovci perform at concert of Hollywood composer Hans Zimmer
On 2 June the Sendreiovci Romani band performed at the Bratislava concert of the famous Hollywood composer of film scores, Hans Zimmer, one year after performing at his afterparty. "Yesterday we played for the Czech Prime Minister in the Tatras and today we're here," Vlado Sendrei told the Slovak news server dennikn.sk.
Sendrei's band recorded music for the 2011 film "Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows" together with the famous composer. They played two Romani songs during Zimmer's concert last week.
"We're building bridges, the walls are being being done by others," Zimmer said during the concert. He met Sendrei's band thanks to a recommendation from Tomaš Hrustič of the US-based National Democratic Institute and then visited them in Rudnany where they were playing in the "Wandering Romani Strings" project, a series of concerts and singing workshops held directly in the Romani settlements of eastern Slovakia.
- Romani amateur theater group from Slovakia pokes fun at the cult of youth
- Slovak Prosecutor-General files motion to dissolve Kotleba's party
- Romani competitive dancer Tomáš Kaluja aids non-Romani foster parents of Romani children in Slovakia with understanding ethnic identity
- Slovak court compensates illegally sterilized Romani woman after 15 years
- Slovakia: Romani people protest against Fascists in the east
- Slovakia ahead of elections: Romani candidate suing fascists for defamation
- Austria: Wiener Symphoniker names Dalibor Karvay its new first concertmaster
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 19:00 CET: "Light in the Darkness" - Romani community gives awards in Slovakia
- Gipsy.cz's new video calls on adults and children to put down their phones and go outside together
- Slovakia: Ultra-right calls for "asocials" to be sent to labor camps, police investigating
- Slovakia: Café Európa discusses underrepresentation of Romani people in politics
- International Romani amateur boxing match won by team from Slovakia
- Slovak town bans demonstration by fascists out of respect for Holocaust victims
- Commentary by Czech MEP Zdechovský: Roma need work, not welfare!