Slovakia: Romani band Sendreiovci perform at concert of Hollywood composer Hans Zimmer
On 2 June the Sendreiovci Romani band performed at the Bratislava concert of the famous Hollywood composer of film scores, Hans Zimmer, one year after performing at his afterparty. "Yesterday we played for the Czech Prime Minister in the Tatras and today we're here," Vlado Sendrei told the Slovak news server dennikn.sk.
Sendrei's band recorded music for the 2011 film "Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows" together with the famous composer. They played two Romani songs during Zimmer's concert last week.
"We're building bridges, the walls are being being done by others," Zimmer said during the concert. He met Sendrei's band thanks to a recommendation from Tomaš Hrustič of the US-based National Democratic Institute and then visited them in Rudnany where they were playing in the "Wandering Romani Strings" project, a series of concerts and singing workshops held directly in the Romani settlements of eastern Slovakia.
- Romani amateur theater group from Slovakia pokes fun at the cult of youth
- Slovak Prosecutor-General files motion to dissolve Kotleba's party
- Slovakia: Renowned Hollywood composer supports Romani EP candidate
- Slovakia: Café Európa discusses underrepresentation of Romani people in politics
- International Romani amateur boxing match won by team from Slovakia
- Slovak town bans demonstration by fascists out of respect for Holocaust victims
- Commentary by Czech MEP Zdechovský: Roma need work, not welfare!
- Slovak Government says new data show quality of life for Roma is gradually improving
- Slovak President Zuzana Čaputová has breakfast with Romani students
- Slovak Constitutional Court awards compensation to Roma for 13-year court case - but the discrimination sued over still has no final ruling
- Slovakia: Video of police intervention against Roma at gas station goes viral, sparks protests
- Slovak President: The Holocaust of the Roma cannot be forgotten, especially when hatred is becoming a political tool once more
- ROMEA TV: Czech Republic's Gipsy Brothers band reminisces about 16 years of friendship
- Infamous housing estate in Slovakia is finally turning around
- Slovakia: Romani girl from settlement now champion runner in her region