Slovakia: Romani band Sendreiovci perform at concert of Hollywood composer Hans Zimmer
On 2 June the Sendreiovci Romani band performed at the Bratislava concert of the famous Hollywood composer of film scores, Hans Zimmer, one year after performing at his afterparty. "Yesterday we played for the Czech Prime Minister in the Tatras and today we're here," Vlado Sendrei told the Slovak news server dennikn.sk.
Sendrei's band recorded music for the 2011 film "Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows" together with the famous composer. They played two Romani songs during Zimmer's concert last week.
"We're building bridges, the walls are being being done by others," Zimmer said during the concert. He met Sendrei's band thanks to a recommendation from Tomaš Hrustič of the US-based National Democratic Institute and then visited them in Rudnany where they were playing in the "Wandering Romani Strings" project, a series of concerts and singing workshops held directly in the Romani settlements of eastern Slovakia.
- Romani amateur theater group from Slovakia pokes fun at the cult of youth
- Slovak Prosecutor-General files motion to dissolve Kotleba's party
- Slovakia: Renowned Hollywood composer supports Romani EP candidate
- Slovak homeowner considers selling to Roma, so his neighbors graffiti his house and puncture his tires
- Slovakia: Dozens of children from orphanage ending up in psychiatric care - is it a business?
- Slovak Police arrest Czech citizen and two Slovak citizens on suspicion of extremism
- Slovak court grants early release to vigilante who murdered three Roma at their home, prosecutor complains
- Slovak President-elect creates minority adviser team, Roma represented by Jurina Rusnáková and Viktor Teru
- Romani candidate has actual chance of becoming an MEP after party chair in Slovakia withdraws and backs him
- Slovak President-elect says a single court decision cannot solve the problem of extremism and Fascism
- Racist band associated with a leader of "Right Sector" in Ukraine to play in Czech Republic today
- Commentary: Czech Republic, Slovakia must compensate the victims of forced sterilization while they are still alive
- Slovak nursery school teacher refers to child's mother as a "gypsy", then mistakenly sends her the message online
- Slovak Police investigating hateful, antigypsyist Facebook post
- Slovak football tournament brings together diplomats, Roma and politicians for the fifth time