Sweden: Three neo-Nazis charged with committing bomb attacks after training in Russia
Three Swedish men linked to an ultra-right group have been charged with attempted murder and reckless endangerment in connection with bomb attacks against newly-arrived migrants and left-wing groups. Online news server The Local reported the news last Friday.
Prosecutor Mats Ljungqvist said two of the neo-Nazis had completed military training in Russia just before the attacks. He connected the men to a series of explosions in southern Sweden.
One unexploded bomb was found on 25 January near a campground serving at the time as improvised accommodation for migrants. Prior to that, an explosion on 5 January at an immigration center seriously injured one of its employees.
Last November, according to detectives, the trio placed explosives near the office of the left-wing Syndikalistiskt Forum Kafe in Göteborg. All of the men charged are or previously have been members of the ultra-right "Movement of Nordic Resistance".
According to Ljungqvist "they were not satisfied with the leadership of the movement" for not using violence to achieve their aims. The prosecutor is convinced that the men acted alone and that their actions were not directly connected to the movement.
"We also discovered that two of the suspects completed military training in Russia just before the attacks," the prosecutor said. The three-day trial of the neo-Nazis begins 21 June.
- Sweden to compensate thousands of Roma after police illegally keep ethnic database on them
- Swedish Police force Romani migrants to vacate camp, PM says they are not the country's responsibility
- Sweden: Lawsuit over police list of Romani people begins
- Sweden: Neo-Nazis double their gains compared to last election
- Swedish hotel barred Romani guest from breakfast
- Swedish Police arrest 28 people after neo-Nazi attack
- Sweden: Scandal over police compiling Romani family trees
- Sweden: Racist murderer of immigrants gets life in prison
- Poles send Swedish neo-Nazi Högström home to prison for Auschwitz sign theft
- Czech MP spreads disinformation alleging that Florida school shooter was an Antifa member
- Czech Interior Ministry's quarterly report on extremism: Politicians exploited fears of immigration
- Germany: Romani-inhabited building struck by arson, media strangely quiet
- Czech women charged with promoting neo-Nazism plead innocent
- Czech Internet spreads lies and xenophobia after brawl in Brno, Interior Ministry responds
- Denmark: Immigrant and ex-MP visits those who post hateful commentaries and threats online
- Organizers of yesterday's demonstration say politicians' allegations of "assault" by protesters in front of Prague hotel are a lie
- Czech court fines online racists a mere EUR 4 for death threats against Romani celebrity
- Germany: Pro-immigration mayor assaulted for political reasons
- Czech Republic: Protesters shout "Nazis Go Home" in front of Okamura's campaign office
- Czech party apparently trolled into posting photo of its leader on Facebook with Nazi swastika
- Czech Police report low turnout for ultra-right event featuring speaker convicted of the racially-motivated murder of a Romani man
Tags:Sweden, Neo-Nazism, terrorism, útok
Outgoing Czech PM backs MP who doubted Romani Holocaust, says he has apologized and his words have been "misinterpreted"7.2.2018 16:32
concentration camp at Lety u Písku, a site of the genocide of the Roma during the Second World War. When asked today whether he supports removing Okamura from his post as vice-chair of the lower house, as the Christian Democrats propose, the PM said he considers Okamura's apology to have been sufficient.
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.