T-shirt reading "WE KILL THE GYPSIES" for sale online by Zazzle
At 15:12 CET today the Czech edition of news server Romea.cz reported that the German-language pages of the Zazzle online retailer were offering a T-shirt reading "GYPSY HUNTER BADGE - WE KILL THE GYPSIES". Zazzle is one of the biggest, must progressive firms in its field, offering customers the opportunity to create their own logos for placement on T-shirts or other items and then to sell their creations through the firm's online store.
There are probably problems with controlling what turns up on the firm's website in terms of customer designs. News server Romea.cz sent questions to the media department of Zazzle about the T-shirt and their control process which have yet to be answered.
Zazzle was established in 1999 and has won many awards. It has been invested in by John Doerr, a Google investor and member of a panel of independent experts who advises US President Barack Obama and by Ram Shriram, another Google investor and manager.
At approximately 17:30 CET the T-shirt disappeared from the website. We do not know to what degree the questions sent to Zazzle by news server Romea.cz affected this because we have yet to receive a response from the retailer.
- Qristina Zavačková Cummings: Hunter to Hunted
- RVN Editor Valery Novoselsky: Everything online becomes visible, even in the mahallas
- Czech paper unleashes hateful racist discussion online, may have committed crime
- Czech online discussions of refugees are full of hatred
- European Court for Human Rights says internet portal operators responsible for insulting online posts
- Czech online environment cultivating hatred of Roma
- Germany: Neo-Nazis inadvertently fund those opposed to them
- Czech authorities alarmingly unwilling to prosecute online hate crimes
- Czech Police charge man with producing clothing with neo-Nazi symbols
- Commentary: Racist drivel infests Czech online discussions of World Cup
- Czech Republic: Online hate mainly attacks Roma
- Czech Constitutional Court upholds fine for wearing clothing with the "88" code
- Czech Culture Minister to inform Govt today about new Memorial of Silence organization combating antisemitism, extremism and xenophobia
- Slovak MEP condemns brutal murder in Ireland and the principle of collective blame against Roma
- Emil Voráč: Romani influencers keep on skirmishing with each other - how do they mesmerize their followers?
- Editors at Slovak news server apologize for anti-Romani, racist joke, but legislator is filing a complaint
- Czech lower house to review Govt agreement with expansion of the EU Fundamental Rights Agency, which advises on racism and other matters
- Czech Constitutional Court rules against hatred on the Internet in case involving threats against children
- Czech martial arts organization Oktagon MMA bans contestant because of Hitler tattoo
- Czech court hands down suspended sentence for racist commentary on article about children's deaths and confiscates the computer used
- Greece: Romani girl caught in sliding doors dies due to shocking indifference of bystanders, her family sees it as racism
- Pope Francis receives Romani footballers, including Jaroslav Horváth and Lukáš Pulko of the Czech Republic, ahead of friendly match
- Czech MMA fighter Cverna challenges bodybuilder who insulted Romani people
- Czech MMA fighter exploits media attention of his win to insult Romani people, then claims he is "not a racist"