UK court sentences neo-Nazis for threats against Prince Harry because of his marriage to Meghan Markle
The BBC reports that a British court has sentenced two young neo-Nazis for making threats through the Internet against Prince Harry because of his marriage to Meghan Markle, whose mother is African-American. Oskar Dunn-Zoczorowski, age 18, will be spending 18 months in a detention facility for juveniles because he was still a minor at the time he committed the offense.
Michal Szewczuk, age 19, has been sentenced to four years and three months in prison for his crimes. The youths were members of a group calling itself the Sonnenkrieg Division, which is considered by law enforcement to be a branch of the banned neo-Nazi terrorist organization National Action.
Last summer the two created and published images online of Prince Harry with a weapon pointed at his head, splashes of blood, and the inscription "See you later, race traitor." In addition, the two praised Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik and wrote online that "white" people who begin intimate relationships with members of other "races" should be hanged.
According to Judge Rebecca Poulet, the materials promoted racial intolerance, were threatening and violent in nature, and could incite violence. Prosecutor Naomi Parsons argued that the youths were planning, according to their communications through the Internet, to actually carry out violent crimes and that these were not just empty threats being made from behind a computer keyboard.
- Disgraced Austrian leader who backed Czech MP was a neo-Nazi for years, according to new evidence
- Czech disinformation websites draw hundreds of thousands, share readership with anti-EU, neo-Nazi and pro-Kremlin websites
- 1 May march by Czech neo-Nazis was dispersed and torches were put out, but antisemitic abuse was expressed
- Czech Police intervene against those counter-protesting demonstration featuring Le Pen, Salvini, Wilders and a neo-Nazi band
- Czech Govt Roma Council, Public Defender of Rights release handbook on how Czech citizens can return from Britain
- Czech ultra-nationalist falsely attributes acid attack committed by native British man to "Muslim immigrants"
- British MPs reject Brexit agreement - what now for the EU citizens of Roma origin there?
- British newspaper The Guardian: Debt collection industry is endangering Czech democracy
- OSCE Mission to Serbia responds to Romani NGOs about alleged radicalization, references British Council report
- Czech Civic Democrats may exclude member who called Meghan Markle a "gypsy"
- British and Czech Police cooperate to arrest suspected human traffickers
- About 1 000 Romani residents of a single Slovak village have been working in Britain and now fear Brexit
- Commentary: Czech TV Prima broadcasts manipulative report about Roma returning from Britain en masse
- United Nations criticizes growth of xenophobic behavior in Britain
- Czech PM says EU must become less bureaucratic, Slovak Govt tells its nationals in Britain not to worry yet
- Romea.cz survey: Roma from abroad living in Britain fear for their future after Brexit
- Pavel Botoš: Brexit will cause big problems for Romani families from abroad now living in Britain
- Brexit: Great Britain says it wants to leave the European Union
- Racism on rise in Britain, politics to blame: watchdog
- Trail of Auschwitz sign theft said to lead to Britain
- Czech Romanies moving to Britain
- Britain fears new Bulgarian Roma influx
- North Macedonia selects just Romani people crossing the border for quarantine in unhygienic conditions
- Newsweek: Trump and other Western leaders are legitimizing Hungarian PM's anti-Roma campaign, according to human rights activists
- Director of EU FRA: Racism has no place in combating coronavirus, human rights limitations must be proportionate
- Author raising a Romani child says Czech Public Defender of Rights is racist and evil is slowly winning
- Czech court returns to case of hate speech online targeting non-"white" first-graders
- Regional coalition of Romani representatives calls on Czech ombudsman to apologize for his remarks about Romani people
- Germany: Xenophobic party apologizes for racist coloring book after sharp criticism
- Another victim of the German terrorist attack, a young man from Romania, is also from the Roma minority
- Czech Police investigating racist video posted by fanclub of ultranationalist party
- German Interior Minister: Hanau terrorist attack motivated by racism, neo-Nazis have attacked three times in just a few months
- Young Romani woman was a victim of German shooting spree
- German shooting spree is being investigated as a terrorist attack