UK court sentences neo-Nazis for threats against Prince Harry because of his marriage to Meghan Markle
The BBC reports that a British court has sentenced two young neo-Nazis for making threats through the Internet against Prince Harry because of his marriage to Meghan Markle, whose mother is African-American. Oskar Dunn-Zoczorowski, age 18, will be spending 18 months in a detention facility for juveniles because he was still a minor at the time he committed the offense.
Michal Szewczuk, age 19, has been sentenced to four years and three months in prison for his crimes. The youths were members of a group calling itself the Sonnenkrieg Division, which is considered by law enforcement to be a branch of the banned neo-Nazi terrorist organization National Action.
Last summer the two created and published images online of Prince Harry with a weapon pointed at his head, splashes of blood, and the inscription "See you later, race traitor." In addition, the two praised Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik and wrote online that "white" people who begin intimate relationships with members of other "races" should be hanged.
According to Judge Rebecca Poulet, the materials promoted racial intolerance, were threatening and violent in nature, and could incite violence. Prosecutor Naomi Parsons argued that the youths were planning, according to their communications through the Internet, to actually carry out violent crimes and that these were not just empty threats being made from behind a computer keyboard.
- Disgraced Austrian leader who backed Czech MP was a neo-Nazi for years, according to new evidence
- Czech disinformation websites draw hundreds of thousands, share readership with anti-EU, neo-Nazi and pro-Kremlin websites
- 1 May march by Czech neo-Nazis was dispersed and torches were put out, but antisemitic abuse was expressed
- Czech Police intervene against those counter-protesting demonstration featuring Le Pen, Salvini, Wilders and a neo-Nazi band
- Czech Govt Roma Council, Public Defender of Rights release handbook on how Czech citizens can return from Britain
- Czech ultra-nationalist falsely attributes acid attack committed by native British man to "Muslim immigrants"
- British MPs reject Brexit agreement - what now for the EU citizens of Roma origin there?
- British newspaper The Guardian: Debt collection industry is endangering Czech democracy
- OSCE Mission to Serbia responds to Romani NGOs about alleged radicalization, references British Council report
- Czech Civic Democrats may exclude member who called Meghan Markle a "gypsy"
- British and Czech Police cooperate to arrest suspected human traffickers
- About 1 000 Romani residents of a single Slovak village have been working in Britain and now fear Brexit
- Commentary: Czech TV Prima broadcasts manipulative report about Roma returning from Britain en masse
- United Nations criticizes growth of xenophobic behavior in Britain
- Czech PM says EU must become less bureaucratic, Slovak Govt tells its nationals in Britain not to worry yet
- Romea.cz survey: Roma from abroad living in Britain fear for their future after Brexit
- Pavel Botoš: Brexit will cause big problems for Romani families from abroad now living in Britain
- Brexit: Great Britain says it wants to leave the European Union
- Racism on rise in Britain, politics to blame: watchdog
- Trail of Auschwitz sign theft said to lead to Britain
- Czech Romanies moving to Britain
- Britain fears new Bulgarian Roma influx
- Czech court hears defamation case against man who insulted a member of the Govt's Roma Council in the media
- Czech Police charge two men for publishing racist content about mass killing last year, Pirate Party and ROMEA filed reports against them
- Alena Gronzíková: Czech landlords will not rent to Roma even with good references and steady incomes
- Volunteer civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council: ombudsman intentionally undermining the dignity of Romani people
- Czech ombudsman criticizes draft Roma Strategy, rejects idea of updating information about compensation for forced sterilizations
- Czech MP publishes collage comparing vaccinations against COVID-19 to the Holocaust and using imagery of the gate at Auschwitz
- Czech racists hated Vodafone Christmas ad featuring non-white children, the company objects to their online comments
- Scandalous fourth acquittal by Czech court of racist football fans accused of assaulting Black man on tram
- Czech court gives suspended sentence to adults who assaulted young Romani children physically and verbally in a park last year
- German court sentences terrorist who attacked Halle synagogue last year to life in prison
- Czech ultra-right oppose vaccinations against COVID-19 with antisemitic caricature
- Racists in Czech capital assault non-white family, call the father "Cikán", give the Nazi salute, try to take their baby