USA: Neo-Nazis, racist KKK clash with opponents in California at demonstration, nine hospitalized
After a demonstration by adherents of the extreme right in front of the Capitol of the state of California in Sacramento, nine people have been hospitalized, seven with stab wounds. The Associated Press reports that neo-Nazi parties clashed with their opponents.
Local police said none of the injuries were life-threatening. The demonstration was organized, according to The Los Angeles Times, by various neo-Nazi parties, including the racist Ku-Klux-Klan (KKK), which planned the event several weeks in advance.
According to The Los Angeles Times, opponents of the KKK planned their own counter-event and arrived yesterday at noon local time with posters reading "Many colors, one working class. Down with racism!"
Nine people were hospitalized with stab wounds after the brawl, none of which are serious, apparently. The local police chief told the press it was not immediately clear which camp the injured were from.
- Situation of Native Americans similar to that of Czech Roma
- Germany: More proof of ties between NSU murderers and KKK
- Germany: NSU murderers may have been linked to KKK
- Giving the gadje what they want: NatGeo’s “American Gypsies”
- Wave of protest in USA over neighborhood watch member shooting African-American boy
- White Americans said to view racism as a zero-sum game
- American Neocon-Christian Right Ideology Makes Inroads into Czech Politics with PM’s Advisor Choice
- Hungary: American FBI to join investigation of Roma murders
- Chair of Roma Luma party compiles list of Romani people whom he calls "collaborators and traitors", his fellow non-Roma candidate defends ultranationalists
- Czech mayor expelled from STAN party for talking about shooting Romani people put together an independent list for the elections, Christian Democrats have joined it
- Czech Police arrest purveyors of disinformation who hatefully threatened refugees from Ukraine, court remands them into custody
- Emil Voráč: I distance myself from Romani supporters of xenophobic politicians in the Czech Republic
- Spain: Vigilantes set six homes of Romani families on fire in an act of collective punishment, but some European media call the incidents "peaceful demonstrations"
- Former Czech MP loses appeal over his hateful call to "get rid of useless people", the original sentence stands
- Hungary's Jewish Community protests PM Orbán's racist speech in which he said Hungarians don't want to become a "mixed-race" nation
- In runup to autumn elections, Czech mayor recounts to local assembly the time he said Romani people should be shot
- Bizarre Czech mixed martial arts pay-per-view program "Clash of the Stars" features fighter with criminal record who spouts antigypsyist rhetoric
- Jaroslav Miko: Pro-Russian demonstrators are openly supporting a criminal regime
- Czech Police arrest man with Nazi swastika tatoo at anti-Goverment demo where Russian national anthem was played
- Czech Police find 65 cases of criminal approval of Russian aggression against Ukraine, charges filed in 30 cases so far