VIDEO: Discussion of International Romani Day at the European Parliament
A discussion marking International Romani Day took place at the European Parliament yesterday. "This day is a particular opportunity to recall that we are a union of values in the European Union, and we need to look at events all around the world, it's important to us what happens with minorities around the world and others who may happen to think differently, and it's important to define those values clearly," the moderator began the session.
- News server Romea.cz to broadcast LIVE ONLINE from Prague celebrations of International Romani Day
- Czech Television broadcasts documentary films for International Romani Day, producer reveals his Romani roots
- American and Canadian embassies in Prague display Romani flag for International Romani Day
- PHOTO GALLERY: Brno celebrations of International Romani Day - ribbons on the Tree of Tolerance, program at Hvězdička Park
- Neo-Nazi parties say the EU is evil while drawing money from it - some MEPs want to change that
- Members of the European Parliament urge European Commission to move EU-subsidized pig farm from Lety site
- Soraya Post: Roma deportations increasing due to Syrian refugee crisis
- European Parliament is financing neo-Nazis even after rules change
- Commentary: Is Czech society about to rid itself of anti-Gypsyist MEP Miloslav Ransdorf?
- European Parliament supports Commission's proposal for refugee redistribution
- MEP and OSCE/ODIHR call for evictions of Roma to end in Bulgaria
- European Parliament proposes official Romani Holocaust Memorial Day
- Polish MEP fined for racist remark
- Czech Police investigating video in which non-Romani bodybuilder threatens Roma in Chomutov with murder
- Czech prosecutor agrees with police that threat to burn down ROMEA is not a crime
- Finland investigating racist commentaries shared on Facebook by police officers
- Czech Gov't says it will not receive any more migrants on basis of EU quotas
- Julius Zajac: Czechs and Romani people don't like each other
- Czech Republic: Yet another hoax hits senior citizens' inboxes, police need complaints to take action
- Slovakia: Romani youth successfully fundraises online for study trip to Japan
- EU ministers approve plan to suppress hate on the Internet
- Harvard survey over 15 years finds Czechs are Europe's biggest racists, critics question its methodology
- Gabriela Hrabaňová: We need to discuss Romani integration with MEPs to promote our approaches at EU level
- Czech MEP responds to antigypsyism at the European Parliament: Roma are underrepresented and positive examples should be highlighted
- Karel Holomek calls on Romani voters not to re-elect Czech President Zeman
Tags:EU, European Parliament, International Roma Day, Internet
on 17 July.
Czech tabloid fraudulently tells readers CCTV footage of theft in Chile was from Ostrava - antigypsyism is the response18.7.2017 7:16
Ninety years ago the Czechoslovak authorities issued law on "wandering gypsies", took fingerprints for "gypsy identification cards"15.7.2017 14:13
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.