VIDEO: Discussion of International Romani Day at the European Parliament
A discussion marking International Romani Day took place at the European Parliament yesterday. "This day is a particular opportunity to recall that we are a union of values in the European Union, and we need to look at events all around the world, it's important to us what happens with minorities around the world and others who may happen to think differently, and it's important to define those values clearly," the moderator began the session.
- News server Romea.cz to broadcast LIVE ONLINE from Prague celebrations of International Romani Day
- Czech Television broadcasts documentary films for International Romani Day, producer reveals his Romani roots
- American and Canadian embassies in Prague display Romani flag for International Romani Day
- PHOTO GALLERY: Brno celebrations of International Romani Day - ribbons on the Tree of Tolerance, program at Hvězdička Park
- Neo-Nazi parties say the EU is evil while drawing money from it - some MEPs want to change that
- Members of the European Parliament urge European Commission to move EU-subsidized pig farm from Lety site
- Soraya Post: Roma deportations increasing due to Syrian refugee crisis
- European Parliament is financing neo-Nazis even after rules change
- Commentary: Is Czech society about to rid itself of anti-Gypsyist MEP Miloslav Ransdorf?
- European Parliament supports Commission's proposal for refugee redistribution
- MEP and OSCE/ODIHR call for evictions of Roma to end in Bulgaria
- European Parliament proposes official Romani Holocaust Memorial Day
- Polish MEP fined for racist remark
- Austria: First newborn of the year has become a target of hateful commentary
- International Czech and Slovak Romani community rocked by mysterious death of nine-year-old girl in England
- Antigypsyism on the agenda at EU’s High-Level Group on combating racism, xenophobia and other forms of intolerance
- EU High Level Group on combating racism features Roma participants from Czech Republic, discusses Afrophobia
- Committee for European Romani Politics publishes Brussels Declaration
- Lívia Járóka becomes first ever Romani Vice-President of the European Parliament
- Slovakia: Debacle in elections for the neofascists, Kotleba out as Regional Governor
- Czech racists threaten online to kill children because they are of Arab and Romani origin
- Charles University in Prague publishes online explanation of Romanes spelling rules
- European Parliament: Roma in the EU face antigypsyism and everyday discrimination that must stop
- Czech company that owns pig farm on Roma genocide site will appeal order to return subsidy due to EU anti-fraud investigation
- Czech Police charge man who urged daughter to practice beating Muslims or Romani people with a baseball bat
Tags:EU, European Parliament, International Roma Day, Internet
Outgoing Czech PM backs MP who doubted Romani Holocaust, says he has apologized and his words have been "misinterpreted"7.2.2018 16:32
concentration camp at Lety u Písku, a site of the genocide of the Roma during the Second World War. When asked today whether he supports removing Okamura from his post as vice-chair of the lower house, as the Christian Democrats propose, the PM said he considers Okamura's apology to have been sufficient.
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.