Video footage shows recently-elected Slovak MP attacking Arab family including children last year
Milan Mazurek (age 22) is a violent racist who will be seated in the Slovak Parliament on behalf of Marian Kotleba's fascist party, the People's Party Our Slovakia (Lidová strana Naše Slovensko - LSNS), as was documented last year when he vulgarly shouted at an Arab family with children who were being protected by police officers when extremists began throwing rocks at them during an anti-immigrant demonstration in Bratislava. Mazurek will be seated instead of the originally-elected LSNS candidate, who has had to step aside because he is being prosecuted for having assaulted a dark-skinned foreign national in 2014.
Mazurek, who admires Adolf Hitler, is from Spišská Belá, Slovakia. On the LSNS candidate list he reported his profession as "manager of an e-shop".
He is also the chair of the party's cell for the Prešov Region. Mazurek was captured on camera at a protest against "Islamicization" last year in Bratislava expressing his opinions about the Arab people who were then assaulted (in the video footage he is the man wearing the green LSNS t-shirt).
- Slovakia: Thousands protest Kotleba and clerical fascism in Bratislava
- Czech Republic should consider Nazi electoral gains in Slovakia a warning
- Slovakia: Artists protest Governor after he blocks anti-xenophobia project funding
- Czech, Polish and Slovak neo-Nazis protest migrants in Ostrava, target Roma area - 63 right-wing extremists detained
- Slovak President honors victims of Nazi massacre at Lidice for first time ever
- CoE Human Rights Commissioner says anti-Roma rhetoric comparable to Nazis’
- Czech restaurant chain apologizes to Romani musician for refusal of service
- Czech town sees street fight, mayor writes about the "gypsy nuisance" - then ignores other violence involving non-Romani people
- Slovak President-elect creates minority adviser team, Roma represented by Jurina Rusnáková and Viktor Teru
- Czech candidate shocked when online haters targeted her two-year-old
- Czech Police charge adults who assaulted Romani children with three felonies including racial defamation
- Czech restaurant says reservations, not racism, were why a Romani group was not seated despite empty tables
- Winner of Czech-Slovak singing competition "The Voice" subjected to racist attacks online
- Czech court acquits football hooligans accused of assaulting dark-skinned man on Prague tram, prosecutor appeals
- Hungary: Radicals protest "Romani crime", Romani people and their allies stand up to them
- Czech descendants of WWII resistance fighters demand senator resign over speech at Holocaust memorial
- Romani candidate has actual chance of becoming an MEP after party chair in Slovakia withdraws and backs him
- Hungary: New Fascist party establishes paramilitary group