Video footage shows recently-elected Slovak MP attacking Arab family including children last year
Milan Mazurek (age 22) is a violent racist who will be seated in the Slovak Parliament on behalf of Marian Kotleba's fascist party, the People's Party Our Slovakia (Lidová strana Naše Slovensko - LSNS), as was documented last year when he vulgarly shouted at an Arab family with children who were being protected by police officers when extremists began throwing rocks at them during an anti-immigrant demonstration in Bratislava. Mazurek will be seated instead of the originally-elected LSNS candidate, who has had to step aside because he is being prosecuted for having assaulted a dark-skinned foreign national in 2014.
Mazurek, who admires Adolf Hitler, is from Spišská Belá, Slovakia. On the LSNS candidate list he reported his profession as "manager of an e-shop".
He is also the chair of the party's cell for the Prešov Region. Mazurek was captured on camera at a protest against "Islamicization" last year in Bratislava expressing his opinions about the Arab people who were then assaulted (in the video footage he is the man wearing the green LSNS t-shirt).
- Slovakia: Thousands protest Kotleba and clerical fascism in Bratislava
- Czech Republic should consider Nazi electoral gains in Slovakia a warning
- Slovakia: Artists protest Governor after he blocks anti-xenophobia project funding
- Czech, Polish and Slovak neo-Nazis protest migrants in Ostrava, target Roma area - 63 right-wing extremists detained
- Slovak President honors victims of Nazi massacre at Lidice for first time ever
- CoE Human Rights Commissioner says anti-Roma rhetoric comparable to Nazis’
- American neo-Nazi gets seven years in prison for threatening activists and journalists
- Czech lower house to review Govt agreement with expansion of the EU Fundamental Rights Agency, which advises on racism and other matters
- Former Czech MP faces prosecution for his remarks about a "pseudo-concentration camp" for Romani people at Lety
- Czech martial arts organization Oktagon MMA bans contestant because of Hitler tattoo
- Slovak court finally ends absurd story of Romani victims of police brutality being charged with perjury, exonerating the last such defendant
- Slovak first-instance court rules that Romani children were unlawfully assigned to "special needs" classes
- German counter-intelligence says right-wing extremist numbers growing as people radicalize in response to COVID-19
- Andrea Bučková's time as Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for Roma is over, new Plenipotentiary is Ján Hero
- Czech court hands down suspended sentence for racist commentary on article about children's deaths and confiscates the computer used
- Greece: Romani girl caught in sliding doors dies due to shocking indifference of bystanders, her family sees it as racism
- Czech Police charge dozens of online haters for attacking medical workers as Facebook blocks French and Italian accounts campaigning against vaccination with violence
- Controversial Romani figure appears with Czech extremists opposing measures to control the pandemic