Video footage shows recently-elected Slovak MP attacking Arab family including children last year
Milan Mazurek (age 22) is a violent racist who will be seated in the Slovak Parliament on behalf of Marian Kotleba's fascist party, the People's Party Our Slovakia (Lidová strana Naše Slovensko - LSNS), as was documented last year when he vulgarly shouted at an Arab family with children who were being protected by police officers when extremists began throwing rocks at them during an anti-immigrant demonstration in Bratislava. Mazurek will be seated instead of the originally-elected LSNS candidate, who has had to step aside because he is being prosecuted for having assaulted a dark-skinned foreign national in 2014.
Mazurek, who admires Adolf Hitler, is from Spišská Belá, Slovakia. On the LSNS candidate list he reported his profession as "manager of an e-shop".
He is also the chair of the party's cell for the Prešov Region. Mazurek was captured on camera at a protest against "Islamicization" last year in Bratislava expressing his opinions about the Arab people who were then assaulted (in the video footage he is the man wearing the green LSNS t-shirt).
- Slovakia: Thousands protest Kotleba and clerical fascism in Bratislava
- Czech Republic should consider Nazi electoral gains in Slovakia a warning
- Slovakia: Artists protest Governor after he blocks anti-xenophobia project funding
- Czech, Polish and Slovak neo-Nazis protest migrants in Ostrava, target Roma area - 63 right-wing extremists detained
- Slovak President honors victims of Nazi massacre at Lidice for first time ever
- CoE Human Rights Commissioner says anti-Roma rhetoric comparable to Nazis’
- Slovak nursery school teacher refers to child's mother as a "gypsy", then mistakenly sends her the message online
- Czech Republic: 10th anniversary of arson attack against Romani family by ultra-right
- Slovak Police investigating hateful, antigypsyist Facebook post
- Czech Government is neutral on introducing public interest prosecutions of discrimination
- Czech Police investigating assault on Romani children as a felony now
- Czech Constitutional Court finds lower instance was wrong not to consider Romani celebrity subjected to online hate an injured party
- Czech court gives former secretary to ultra-right party suspended sentence for inciting hatred
- William Bila: Can we put an end to the dehumanization of Roma in France?
- Czech hockey fans taunt Romani player with racist abuse, owner of the team they support asks league to hand down punishment
- Czech Police send case of attack on Romani minors to Criminal Police to determine whether it was a felony
- Czech Police investigating brutal assault on Romani children as a misdemeanor for now
- Slovak football tournament brings together diplomats, Roma and politicians for the fifth time