Video footage shows recently-elected Slovak MP attacking Arab family including children last year
Milan Mazurek (age 22) is a violent racist who will be seated in the Slovak Parliament on behalf of Marian Kotleba's fascist party, the People's Party Our Slovakia (Lidová strana Naše Slovensko - LSNS), as was documented last year when he vulgarly shouted at an Arab family with children who were being protected by police officers when extremists began throwing rocks at them during an anti-immigrant demonstration in Bratislava. Mazurek will be seated instead of the originally-elected LSNS candidate, who has had to step aside because he is being prosecuted for having assaulted a dark-skinned foreign national in 2014.
Mazurek, who admires Adolf Hitler, is from Spišská Belá, Slovakia. On the LSNS candidate list he reported his profession as "manager of an e-shop".
He is also the chair of the party's cell for the Prešov Region. Mazurek was captured on camera at a protest against "Islamicization" last year in Bratislava expressing his opinions about the Arab people who were then assaulted (in the video footage he is the man wearing the green LSNS t-shirt).
- Slovakia: Thousands protest Kotleba and clerical fascism in Bratislava
- Czech Republic should consider Nazi electoral gains in Slovakia a warning
- Slovakia: Artists protest Governor after he blocks anti-xenophobia project funding
- Czech, Polish and Slovak neo-Nazis protest migrants in Ostrava, target Roma area - 63 right-wing extremists detained
- Slovak President honors victims of Nazi massacre at Lidice for first time ever
- CoE Human Rights Commissioner says anti-Roma rhetoric comparable to Nazis’
- Canada: Czechoslovak Roma express support for Romani celebrity and condemn Czech support for xenophobic band
- Commentary on eviction in Slovakia: A rational society does not make a profit from or save money on the poor
- National Security Audit finds Czech Republic has no concept for preventing extremism and just relies on repression
- Czech Gov't Council on Romani Affairs calls on public figures to speak out against hate and xenophobia
- Slovakia: Study says failure of mainstream parties supports right-wing extremism
- Slovak Roma Spirit awards for 2016 go to antiracist campaigner and Mayor of the Luník IX housing estate
- Romani celebrity faces racist comments, death threats from fans of xenophobic band Ortel
- Czech Republic: More musicians criticize popularity of xenophobic band
- Radoslav Banga: I walked out of the Czech music awards because Nazism does not belong in public life
- Romani celebrity walks out in protest after neo-Nazi singer and his band win second place in Czech music awards
- Czech xenophobic band Ortel nominated by public again for music award
- UN Human Rights Committee asks Slovak Government for independent body to investigate the forced sterilizations of Romani women
Tags:Extremism, Kotleba, Násilí, Násilí z nenávisti, Racism, Slovakia
Commentary on eviction in Slovakia: A rational society does not make a profit from or save money on the poor3.12.2016 9:48
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.