VIDEO: We are the change! Young Roma want to get into politics
One way to overcome discrimination against Roma and ensure their equal status in society, according to the organization ERIO (European Roma Information Office), is the involvement of Romani youth in politics. The organization has now released a video in which young Roma appear from five different European countries - Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Macedonia and Spain.
The campaign aims to combat prejudices and stereotypes about Romani people through policy. It will increase awareness of Romani youth about positive role models in politics, try to change society's negative attitudes towards Roma, and highlight the importance of political participation.
Besides producing videos and posters featuring Roma politicians, a European Conference was held in Brussels last June on the issue of increasing Romani participation in politics. The just-released video has subtitles in 15 languages and is available on YouTube.
- Czech presidential candidate said three years ago that Roma justifiably feel surrounded by barriers
- Czech candidate for 2018 presidential run says social exclusion is a topic of his campaign
- Czech Senate elections: Some anti-Romani candidates win, some lose
- Commentary: Czech Regional and Senate elections - Roma didn't vote, Romani candidates didn't win
- Czech regional elections. Romani candidate for LEV21, Miroslav Jano: I don't like combining with the ultra-right, after this I'm out
- Czech regional elections. Romani SocDem candidate Rudolf Polák: Pay must motivate semi-skilled laborers too
- Czech regional elections. Romani candidate for the Greens/Pirates, Karel Karika: No more socially excluded localities
- Czech regional elections: Romani ODS candidate Milan Horvát says small-town schools need good educators
- Prague Pride changes website after recommending supporters vote for racist candidates
- Czech Republic: Racist murderer of Romani man is ultra-right's candidate in regional elections
- Czech Republic: Local Romani candidates not on executive, but do chair committee
- Slovakia: Candidate offering remuneration to Roma for sterilization
- Slovakia: Romani parties nominate hundreds of candidates for local elections
- Czech Republic: Interview with local Romani candidate Ladislav Sivak
- Prague Forum for Romani Histories launches Czech website, panel on Holocaust research MONDAY
- Czech commemoration of Holocaust at Terezín Memorial will again not feature the Romani flag
- Hungary: Open Society Foundation closing in Budapest due to Government persecution
- Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?
- U.S. diplomats discuss situation of Romani people in Europe during Czech visit
- OPEN CALL for 5th CoE Dialogue with Roma and Traveller Civil Society next month - DEADLINE 27 MAY to apply
- EU Agency for Fundamental Rights finds Czech Republic the place that rejects Romani people the most
- EP Vice President Lívia Járóka for ROMEA TV: There are more Romani MEPs than people realize
- Jana Balážová: Not acceptable for teachers to see Romani children as a burden
- Czech educators told Romani child she was "slow" - in the UK she's on her second college degree and working as a dental nurse
- BBC Three Documentary Exposes Human Rights Abuses In Hungary’s State-Care Homes
- Traffickers in poverty in the Czech Republic have a new trick for not losing their profitable business model
Tags:Albania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Politics, prejudice, Roma, Romani women, Spain, Youth
Pre peskere pindre: Romani leaders in Czech Republic learn how to avoid financial transactions with those who humiliate Roma10.5.2018 8:56
Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?9.5.2018 6:55
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.