Charles University in Prague publishes online explanation of Romanes spelling rules
The website of the Romani Studies Seminar at the Faculty of Arts, Charles University in Prague, has published an online popularization of its explanation of the rules for orthography in the Romanes language. The Czech-language online guidelines are available to all editors, teachers, writers and anybody using written Romanes in the Czech and Slovak Republics.
"Now we would like to complete our piloting of this operation by asking for your comments, questions and suggestions. We are asking that you read the material and send us your comments, queries and suggestions to the email address posted there. At the same time, we are asking that you share the news with people who could use this website somehow," Jan Červenka of the Romani Studies Seminar told news server Romea.cz.
The first rules in Czechoslovakia for written use of the Romanes language were adopted by the Union of Gypsies-Roma around the year 1970 and were promulgated at a more official level through the elaboration and official publication of a Romanes grammar in the Slovak Republic in 2006 that was produced by educators, most of whom were Romani. However, those rules have not been widely available to many users of written Romanes in the Czech and Slovak Republics before now.
- Pavlína Matiová: I'm happy when I can sing in Romanes
- Czech Republic: Pop star's video features senior citizens in love and lyrics in Romanes
- Czech Republic: Romanes-language literary contest celebrates its 20th year
- Some Roma in Slovakia unlikely to use Romanes language census forms
- Facebook group against Romanes language in Czech schools: 40 000 strong
- Czech Education Ministry wants Romanes language to be taught in schools
- Radek Banga refuses interview for ROMEA TV, objects to articles published by news server Romea.cz and to hateful attacks against him on Czech social media
- Another Romani musician in a Czech hospital sends social media message to COVID-19 deniers: This is real and the hospitals are running out of room
- Deadline for applications to Romani Studies at Charles University is the end of February
- Czech nonprofits find schools not in touch with one-fifth of disadvantaged parents surveyed
- Karel Karika: COVID-19 making life drastically worse in the socially excluded localities of the Czech Republic
- The other Czech pandemic: Disinformation about anti-COVID vaccination. Romea.cz refutes the most frequent hoaxes and manipulations
- Romani musician in Czech Republic regrets believing COVID-19 was fake now that he's had it
- Romani singer sends message about COVID-19 from a Czech hospital: You do not want to catch this
- German police officers who joined neo-Nazi groups online are being disciplined and dismissed in one state
- Commentary: Romani quintuplets go to school, primitives in the Czech Republic have a field day!
- Commentary: The Czech and Slovak Romani community on the battlefield that is Facebook
- Czech Police charge author of antigypsyist article about arson for that and other offenses