Czech expert says Krásná Lípa school committed segregation and probably discrimination as well
Klára Laurenčíková, an expert on inclusive education, has commented on the results of an investigation by the Czech School Inspection into complaints of segregation at a primary school in Krásná Lípa on which news server Romea.cz has been reporting. She believes that by creating a "Romani class", the school has committed segregation at the very least and may have also committed discrimination.
The conclusions drawn by some other Czech media outlets that the school has not been and is not discriminating border on disinformation, according to Laurenčíková. The inspection report presents the information that Romani children were placed separately into an isolated classroom of their own and did not get sufficient support for their education even though the principal of the school, at the time she decided to set up their class, defended her decision by saying she wanted to provide extremely increased aid and support to those children.
- Ladislav Samek: It is hard to get rid of the label of "institutionalized child" in Czech society
- Czech authorities could levy hefty fines against authors of discriminatory classified ads saying Roma need not apply
- More Roma citizens of Romania attempting to cross from Mexico into the USA to seek asylum this year
- "Your father is in the COVID-19 wing". A true story.
- Slovak public broadcasting continuing children's television program in Romanes and Slovak
- European Court of Human Rights finds Slovakia failed to properly investigate police brutality against Romani children
- Slovak investigation into police beating of Romani children in quarantined settlement last year still ongoing
- Czech NGO director tells ombudsman he should resign for refusing to acknowledge discrimination against Roma
- Alena Gronzíková: Czech landlords will not rent to Roma even with good references and steady incomes
- Romani people in the Czech Republic complain to retailers of security guards stalking them when they shop
- Czech ombudsman criticizes draft Roma Strategy, rejects idea of updating information about compensation for forced sterilizations
- Czech Pirates criticize Govt report on education of Romani children for not reflecting COVID-19 impact and lack of access to distance learning