Czech Government approves closure of pig farm on site of former concentration camp for Roma
The Czech Government has approved a bill to close the operations of the industrial pig farm located in the vicinity of the remembrance site for the Romani victims of the Holocaust at Lety by Písek. Spokesperson Martin Ayrer announced the news on Twitter:
Vláda schválila návrh na ukončení provozu velkovýkrmny prasat v blízkosti pietního místa v Letech u Písku.— Martin Ayrer (@MartinAyrer) 7. listopadu 2016
News server Romea.cz will report further as details emerge.
- Members of the European Parliament urge European Commission to move EU-subsidized pig farm from Lety site
- International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance met with Czech Government about removing the pig farm at Lety concentration camp site
- Commentary: The pigs at Lety and Babiš shooting himself in the foot
- Czech Republic: Owners of pig farm on Roma Holocaust site are open to selling their facility
- Czech Human Rights Minister in talks to buy pig farm on Roma Holocaust site for two years now
- Czech Vice PM to visit former concentration camp for Roma, allegedly wants to find money to move pig farm
- Commentary: How to demolish the pig farm at Lety?
- Czech Regional Development Minister: We're negotiating about the pig farm on the Roma Holocaust site, but don't ask for details
- Czech Culture Minister says Govt will resolve pig farm on Roma Holocaust site by next fall
- Romani civil society member of advisory body to Czech Government resigns over failure to remove pig farm from genocide site
- Czech Culture Minister: Govt, stockholders of pig farm negotiating to remove it from Romani Holocaust site
- Czech Republic: Demonstration in Prague calls on EU to stop subsidizing pig farm on Romani Holocaust site
- Czech Republic: Pig farm at Lety will apparently remain on Romani Holocaust site, talks are going nowhere
- Czech Republic: "Romani Resistance Days" to involve symbolic blockade of Lety pig farm, protest in Prague
- Czech town cancels commission for container housing as too costly - which local opposition politicians have argued all along
- Slovakia: Racist politicians launch hateful anti-Romani campaign over state's pandemic benefit for impoverished children
- Director of Jewish Museum in Prague responds to commentary by František Kostlán, says its remarks about him are "gossip"
- Even in hell, she chose good: Alfreda Markowska, the Polish Romani woman who saved Jewish and Romani children from the Nazis
- Czech Museum of Romani Culture commemorates Holocaust victims in online ceremony
- Czech documentary film LETY will screen online for free on 13 May, followed by live chat with producers
- Annual commemoration of the Holocaust of the Roma at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic, is postponed due to the pandemic
- Czech clergyman proposes the readers themselves choose the names of Holocaust victims to be read on Yom Hashoah this year, whether Jewish or Romani
- American author Paul Polansky has passed away
- Romani film festival in Berlin gives special recognition to film about removing pig farm from WWII-era concentration camp site in Czech Republic
- Documentary on WWII-era concentration camp for Roma in Czech Republic screening TONIGHT ONLINE
- Gwendolyn Albert: "I believe the illegally sterilized women will be compensated"