Czech party functionary who called for murder of gays, Jews and Roma will no longer assist MP
News server Aktuálně.cz reports that the secretary of the "Freedom and Direct Democracy" movement of Tomio Okamura (SPD), Jaroslav Staník, is ending his work as assistant to MP Jaroslav Holík (SPD). However, the reason, according to Holík, is not Staník's recent xenophobic remarks at the lower house.
The MP has announced that Staník is leaving because he is overburdened in his role as party secretary. According to eyewitnesses, Staník called for the murder of minorities several weeks ago when he was drunk in one of the restaurant clubs at the Chamber of Deputies.
"He called for all homosexuals, Roma and Jews to be shot once they are born, " former Czech MP Marek Černoch (elected for the "Dawn" party) told the news server. "He said: 'You're that Minister Marxová-Engelsová, you support homosexuals!" Labor and Social Affairs Minister Michaela Marksová (Czech Social Democratic Party - ČSSD) told the news server.
Former Czech MP Martin Lank (also elected for the "Dawn" party) also said he had witnessed Staník's behavior. Holík, however, alleges that Staník never pronounced any "racist slogans".
Holík is insisting that Staník's departure from the job of assistant is unrelated to his behavior in the lower house. "Mr Staník is the secretary of our movement, he is working hard from morning till evening, he won't have time for the job of assistant," he told the news server.
- Crime report filed after Czech politician calls for murder of minorities
- Commentary: Czech politician takes photo with extremists who have records of racist violence
- Commentary: Czech politician calls police on American couple - because they're black
- Czech politician says aid to the needy should not be "based on ethnicity"
- Out-of-town youth assault Romani child and then other Roma in Sokolov - Czech Police defused the conflict and are investigating, local Roma not happy with their response
- Romani women and children in Slovakia assaulted physically and verbally by stranger at a lake
- Commentary: David Mezei, false prophet, and the Romani elite of the Czech Republic
- Dozens of Roma protest in front of restaurant in Czech town after food server allegedly assaults a Romani woman, police are investigating
- Czech MP alleges during parliamentary debate on welfare bill that incest is part of Romani culture, open racism on the floor of the lower house
- Assembly against discrimination and racism in Ústí nad Labem, Czech Republic attended mostly by Romani people
- Chair of the Czech Helsinki Committee: Czech society is racist towards Romani people
- UN High Commissioner for Human Rights: Don't deny racism, eliminate it!
- New Czech political movement uses the old campaign trick of alleging "inadaptables" abuse welfare, names the Romani community as an example
- More Roma citizens of Romania attempting to cross from Mexico into the USA to seek asylum this year
- Football hooligans and neo-Nazis blame all Roma for violent crime and march through Czech town, riot police deployed
- Czech extremists move from inciting anti-Romani hatred to railing against "COVID terror" ahead of fall elections