Czech Police charge man who urged daughter to practice beating Muslims or Romani people with a baseball bat
Czech Police have charged a man who was filmed urging his young daughter to use a baseball bat to hit a pillow while imagining it was a "Muslim or a Gypsy". The video was first reported on by news server Romea.cz after a Facebook user nicknamed Olloph Samorost posted it to his profile at the beginning of August.
The man has been charged with two separate felonies and faces up to thee years in prison if convicted. "He is suspected of committing felony incitement of hatred against a group or restriction of their rights and freedoms, and he is suspected of endangering the upbringing of a child. He faces up to three years in prison if convicted," police spokesperson Eva Stulíková told news server iDNES.cz.
According to her, detectives in the town of Benešov have checked all of the evidence and information and have initiated criminal prosecution of the 27-year-old suspect. He has not been remanded into custody.
The video includes a recording of the man's dialogue with his daughter. Below is a translated excerpt from the filmed interaction:
Man: "What are you going to do?"
Girl: "I'm going to beat the pillow."
Man: "You're going to beat the pillow? Will you imagine it's a Gypsy or a Muslim?"
Man: "Give it to him good!... Wait, just break a few bones, don't kill him. ... What are Gypsies?"
Girl: "They're fuckers."
The commercial TV Prima television station reported that the author of the video is a Lukáš K. of Benešov who runs an e-shop selling equipment for marijuana cultivation who is also a member of the hard core ultra fans of the Sparta football club. Prima cited sources saying he has clashed with the law before on drug-related offenses.
- Czech Deputy Trade Minister's pay is docked after posting to Facebook that "Gypsies are like jellyfish - poisonous and useless"
- Czech Police investigating video of father encouraging his daughter to imagine she is beating "Gypsies"
- Czech video goes viral of man telling girl to beat pillow with baseball bat and imagine it's a "Gypsy or a Muslim"
- Czech prosecutor says death threats and racist abuse committed through Facebook not necessarily crimes
- T-Mobile, general partner of Czech Republic's Sparta Prague football club, calls meeting with their leadership over their fans' racism
- Czech Republic's Sparta Prague football ultras shout racist insults and throw beer cups at Black Monaco player
- LIVE BROADCAST TOMORROW 10 AM: Press conference on the case of the death of Stanislav Tomáš in the Czech Republic
- Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council: Investigate police response in Sokolov - it was inadequate and undermines trust in the police
- Polish football hooligans allegedly physically assault Romani man in Přerov, Czech Republic for objecting to their racist comments
- Out-of-town youth assault Romani child and then other Roma in Sokolov - Czech Police defused the conflict and are investigating, local Roma not happy with their response
- Justice for Stanislav. Family of the late Romani man from Teplice, Czech Republic publishes obituary, funeral will be Saturday
- Romani women and children in Slovakia assaulted physically and verbally by stranger at a lake
- Commentary: David Mezei, false prophet, and the Romani elite of the Czech Republic
- Dozens of Roma protest in front of restaurant in Czech town after food server allegedly assaults a Romani woman, police are investigating
- Czech MP alleges during parliamentary debate on welfare bill that incest is part of Romani culture, open racism on the floor of the lower house
- Assembly against discrimination and racism in Ústí nad Labem, Czech Republic attended mostly by Romani people