Czech Police investigating racist video posted by fanclub of ultranationalist party
News server Lidovky.cz reports that the Czech Police are investigating a racist video posted to a website for fans of the "Freedom and Direct Democracy Movement of Tomio Okamura" (SPD) movement. The administrators of the website include regional assembly members and one MP from the SPD.
Hundreds of parodies have been made of a famous scene from the film "Downfall", in which Adolf Hitler has a temper tantrum in his underground bunker. However, some of them may actually break Czech law.
One of those that may cross the line has been published to the website for fans of the SPD. In the parody, Hitler says: "I exterminated the Jews and now even bigger motherfuckers are heading to Europe! I should have revived the concentration camps, right?"
Many hateful remarks are made in the video. "I'd immediately send all the monkeys who worship Allah [to the concentration camps]," is another line.
"We know the video at issue," said Jaroslav Ibehej, spokesperson for the National Headquarters against Organized Crime (NCOZ), when contacted by Lidovky.cz. He added that the NCOZ is currently assessing it.
Police have apparently been reviewing the content of the video for roughly one month. The Facebook group for fans of SPD Tomio Okamura has more than 17 000 members.
Among the 10 administrators who are able to allow posts to the group and to delete unwanted ones are SPD party members. Czech MP Lubomír Španěl, members of the South Moravian Regional Assembly Libor Bláha and Jan Hrnčíř, and the Znojmo local assembly member Petra Svedíková Vávrová are all administrators, for example.
"I have no idea what video it is that you're talking about. As far as I am aware, posts on the page can be followed by anybody, so it's difficult to prevent provocations," Hrnčíř wrote to Lidovky.cz.
- Czech Police arrest opponents of new ombudsman who blockaded his access to the office on his first day
- Czech Police investigate distribution of antisemitic book after media reports
- Czech Police investigating Nazi symbols on 14 buildings in Ústí nad Orlicí
- Czech Police recommend prosecuting woman who wore Nazi swastikas for supporting a movement to suppress human rights
- Czech court says police officer who beat Romani worker did not commit a felony
- Czech Police say man and woman who committed racist attack against Romani children should be prosecuted
- Czech off-duty police officer assaults Romani children for smoking
- VIDEO: Czech Police prevent neo-Nazis from assaulting Prague Pride participants
- Czech Police, prosecutors intensively focus on online haters, number of prosecutions rising
- Czech Federation of Jewish Communities logged 347 antisemitic incidents last year, police addressed 15
- Czech Police investigating hateful online comments inciting violence against Czech Radio reporter that were sparked by politician
- Czech towns hire Romani community members as police assistants
- Czech Police charge adults who assaulted Romani children with three felonies including racial defamation
- Czech Police bring first cases against social media users who approved of the white supremacist terrorism against the Christchurch mosques
- Demonstrators gave banned Nazi salute in full view of Czech Police, were wearing Nazi symbols
- Czech Police intervene against those counter-protesting demonstration featuring Le Pen, Salvini, Wilders and a neo-Nazi band
- Czech Police say most hate crimes last year were against Roma, number of antisemitic attacks declined
- Czech Police investigating assault on Romani children as a felony now
- Czech Police send case of attack on Romani minors to Criminal Police to determine whether it was a felony
- Czech Police confirm football fans were behind Friday's attack on the Romani community of Sokolov
- LIVE BROADCAST TOMORROW 10 AM: Press conference on the case of the death of Stanislav Tomáš in the Czech Republic
- Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council: Investigate police response in Sokolov - it was inadequate and undermines trust in the police
- Polish football hooligans allegedly physically assault Romani man in Přerov, Czech Republic for objecting to their racist comments
- Brazil: Fatal altercation between police and Romani family launches campaign of mass murder against local Roma
- Several dozen Romani people protest in Sokolov, Czech Republic over the attack by football hooligans on local Roma
- Czech Police director of the Karlovy Vary Region: Internal Affairs Department investigating video of intervention by police in Sokolov
- Out-of-town youth assault Romani child and then other Roma in Sokolov - Czech Police defused the conflict and are investigating, local Roma not happy with their response
- Slovakia: Drunken, knife-wielding man threatens to kill Romani children for being in a park and is now in custody
- Romani women and children in Slovakia assaulted physically and verbally by stranger at a lake
- Commentary: David Mezei, false prophet, and the Romani elite of the Czech Republic
- Dozens of Roma protest in front of restaurant in Czech town after food server allegedly assaults a Romani woman, police are investigating