Czech Republic: Romani-owned business distributes clothing, food and hygiene supplies to the needy in Teplice
On 21 February the Romani-owned New Age Company organized a "GOOD WILL" („DOBRÉ VŮLE“) event in Teplice, Czech Republic. Employees used their own resources to put together packages with clothing and hygiene supplies as well as refreshments and distributed them to homeless people and the socially vulnerable in the park near the train station.
Roughly 20 persons came to take advantage of the aid. "Together with our employees we offered the homeless people beverages, clothing, and grilled chicken. Each attendee got a little bag with bandages, basic hygiene supplies, canned goods, plasters, spreads and warm socks," company director Vladimír Michalčík told news server Romea.cz.
"I believe aiding others is humane and this assistance is appropriate here. One should try to help others in need if one has the means and the opportunity. Most of our employees also come from socially excluded environments and we have given them a chance to extricate themselves from the vicious circle of poverty - I am very proud of that, it pleases me," Michalčík said when asked what led him to implement the charity event.
Employees of the company don't want to end their giving with this one-off event. "Certainly we want to continue with our charity projects, but we are also focusing on other groups. We will organize a similar event to benefit children as soon as possible," Michalčík told Romea.cz.
New Age Company is involved in active telemarketing and market research. The company produces and sells Gitano Cosmetics and the Maguama Libido coffee beverage.
- Romani entrepreneur Vladimír Michalčík: I always wanted to succeed in business
- Slovakia: Romani businessman stopped from distributing food to the homeless by authorities
- Czech Republic: Business owner openly admits she would never employ Roma
- Romani youth including actor from "The Painted Bird" want to fundraise for Czech hospital treating serious COVID-19 cases
- Czech millionaire goes undercover as part of new reality show, volunteers at Romani boxing club, then surprises them with a donation
- COVID-19 dampens turnout for annual international pilgrimage by Catholic Roma in the Czech Republic, but the atmosphere was not affected
- Chair of the Pirate Party in the Czech Republic stands up for Romani activist assaulted by hateful attackers
- Czech court returns to case of hate speech online targeting non-"white" first-graders
- Czech Republic: Romani-occupied residential hotel catches fire, young family loses everything, 12 suffer smoke inhalation
- Czech Regional Court returns online hate speech case about death threats against first-graders to lower court, more evidence needed
- Czech court overturns acquittal for author of racist online comments, prosecution will continue
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion does not support housing benefit-free zones in Liberec
- Romani people adopted as children from Slovakia to Sweden 20 years ago revisit their native settlement
- Czech media, police accuse Romani family of inciting brawl with non-Roma at children's pool, Romea.cz first to report the Romani mother's testimony
- Czech Police charge young woman over hateful online speech against first-graders