Czech sociologist: Racist online calls to gas children are unacceptable
According to sociologist Ivan Gabal it is unacceptable for Internet users to call for children to be gassed because they are of a different ethnicity, nationality or race. That is the reason he has initiated the campaign called THEY WANT TO GAS THEM, WE WANT TO SEND THEM TO SCHOOL! (ONI JE DO PLYNU. MY JE DO ŠKOL!) and together with the ROMEA organization, and in collaboration with other organizations and public figures, is calling for donations in support of the Romani Scholarship Program and in support of the children at the primary school in Teplice that was recently attacked online.
"From this very country, for many decades, people were forced to flee because, among other reasons, they were threatened with being sent to the camps or gassed. They were threatened or their children were threatened. We cannot allow the repettion of calls for the gassing of children for no other reason than that they are of a different nationality, a different ethnicity, a different race," Gabal said.
"On the contrary, we must offer these children the opportunity to study here, to live in safety and to be satisfied. For that reason we have created the fundraising drive 'THEY WANT TO GAS THEM, WE WANT TO SEND THEM TO SCHOOL!' All the money you send in response to this challenge will be used by us to help children grow up here and live satisfactorily," the sociologist explained.
- Czech principal expresses gratitude for solidarity shown after online racist death threats
- Czech ombudswoman supports fundraising campaign for school whose first-graders were racially abused online
- Spiegel Online reports Czech Republic has a problem with extremism
- Czech court gives suspended sentence to father who filmed himself instructing child to beat pillow and "Imagine it's a Gypsy"
- Ultra-right marks Velvet Revolution by racially abusing Czech TV reporters, Arabs and Muslims
- "Europe: Which Children Matter?" Discussion in Ostrava on 17 November about Roma segregation in education
- ROMEA raises funds to support Czech school subjected to racist attacks online
- Czech MP and educator "understands" why some are calling for murder of first-graders
- Czech racists threaten online to kill children because they are of Arab and Romani origin
- Interview with sociologist Ivan Gabal on the human rights situation in the Czech Republic
- Out-of-town youth assault Romani child and then other Roma in Sokolov - Czech Police defused the conflict and are investigating, local Roma not happy with their response
- Romani women and children in Slovakia assaulted physically and verbally by stranger at a lake
- Czech Labor and Social Affairs Ministry reports that 53 % of under-threes in infant facilities are Romani
- Commentary: David Mezei, false prophet, and the Romani elite of the Czech Republic
- Dozens of Roma protest in front of restaurant in Czech town after food server allegedly assaults a Romani woman, police are investigating
- Czech MP alleges during parliamentary debate on welfare bill that incest is part of Romani culture, open racism on the floor of the lower house
- Assembly against discrimination and racism in Ústí nad Labem, Czech Republic attended mostly by Romani people
- Chair of the Czech Helsinki Committee: Czech society is racist towards Romani people
- UN High Commissioner for Human Rights: Don't deny racism, eliminate it!
- Ladislav Samek: It is hard to get rid of the label of "institutionalized child" in Czech society
- More Roma citizens of Romania attempting to cross from Mexico into the USA to seek asylum this year
- Football hooligans and neo-Nazis blame all Roma for violent crime and march through Czech town, riot police deployed