"Czechs Are Helping" initiative to hold benefit Romani music concert to raise money for children in Greek refugee camps
The Amaria association and the "Czechs Are Helping" (Češi pomáhají) iniciative will hold a benefit evening of Romani music on Saturday, 20 June at 17:00 in Tábor. Proceeds from the event will aid children living refugee camps in Greece.
"We would like to very much thank the bands Bengas and Edit Bend who will be coming to perform for free and who are significantly supporting the entire idea by doing so. The Romale and the rest of you are all sincerely invited. Let's have a good time while raising aid for children at risk, for those who are not experiencing a joyful time in the refugee camps," Jaroslav Miko of the "Czechs Are Helping" initiative told news server Romea.cz.
The entire evening, according to Miko, will be filmed and released as a significant feature film in which "it will be possible to present the fact that the Romani heart has enough room for all the children in the world." Tickets will cost CZK 150 [EUR 5.55].
Children age 12 and under will be allowed to attend for free. Organizers are putting together transportation pickups from Prague and from Vlašim; for further information, call 773 102 076.
- Czech expatriate Romani community in the UK targeted by social media hoaxes to create demand to leave because of COVID-19
- Czech MEPs welcome European Commission lawsuit against Austria over different allowances for non-expatriate children of EU workers
- Celebrity rejected by Czech real estate agency because of Romani surname: "It was a shock"
- Greece approves crisis fund for Romani settlements during COVID-19
- Czech lower house will not discuss accepting unaccompanied minor refugees - ANO, Communists, SocDems and ultra-nationalists opposed it
- "Czechs Are Helping" Initiative says number of families willing to house children from Greek refugee camps is rising, Interior Minister unmoved
- Austria, Germany on track to employ half of the refugees who arrived during the migration crisis four years ago
- Greece: Man shoots dead 13-year-old Romani girl, allegedly over argument with her father
- Germany is coping - three years after the immigration wave, 25 % of refugees have jobs
- Greek court sentences woman who kicked Romani girl on the street to three months in prison
- Greece: Criminal Investigation into Attacks on Romani Community in Menidi Begins
- Greece: Non-Romani residents attack Romani ones after Romani man accused in shooting death
- Czech art competition for works about the Holocaust of the Roma announces winners this week
- Romani child actor from The Painted Bird rejects tv role in the Czech Republic of "bad g*psy child"
- Funeral for Jan Rác will take place tomorrow, Friday, 4 June, in Karviná, Czech Republic
- Jan Rác, Romani activist and researcher, has passed away
- Petr Ščuka: Romani flag accessories with Swarovski crystals are popular
- Czech Museum of Romani Culture collaborates on first-ever posters for primary schools about Romani art, history, language, literature and music
- Slovak public broadcasting continuing children's television program in Romanes and Slovak
- Petr Horváth, founder of the band Gipsy Sendy, has passed away at the age of 45 in Slovakia
- Jarmila Balážová: What does the stormy debate in the Czech Republic about the TV series featuring Romani performers show us?
- Roma children electrocuted while playing in a Belgrade settlement
- Romani kickboxer wins quarter-final of cage match on Czech-Slovak OKTAGON MMA show, withdraws after injury
- Romani parody of "telenovelas" breaking viewership records on Czech Internet, picked up by cable TV