Forbes.cz: Romani celebrity Monika Bagárová is the third most influential person on Czech Instagram
The singer Monika Bagárová, according to the Czech editon of Forbes magazine, is currently the third most influential person on Czech Instagram with one of the most rapidly accelerated growths among Czech users of the social media platform. The top 10 most influential people on Czech Instagram are led by Czech radio and TV presenter Leoš Mareš with a million followers, followed by vlogger and YouTuber Karel Kovář (aka Kovy) in second place with 735 000 fans.
Bagárová is followed by 732 000 fans in third place and is nipping at Kovy's heels. "There are not many Instagrammers who can boast of such an aggressive growth in their followers," the Czech edition of Forbes reports about the young Romani woman.
"The SuperStar 2009 finalist owes this above all to her role as a juror this year in that same singing competition, to recently giving birth to a daughter, and to her relationship with a favorite mixed martial artist, Machmud Muradov. Her growing popularity is also being noticed by big brands," Czech Forbes reports.
Bagárová became famous thanks to the first Czecho-Slovak SuperStar competition; she has been a permanent fixture on the Czech music scene ever since and is frequently called the "Princess of Czech Pop". During her career she has collaborated with many important musicians, released two albums and countless singles, and recorded the title song for the 2011 feature-length film Čertova nevěsta ("The Devil's Bride").
- Czech-Slovak co-production of TV singing contest to feature Romani celebrity on the jury
- Romani music celebrity supports "Go For Your Dream" project at Czech shopping centers
- Singer Monika Bagárová on Romani identity: Nothing to be ashamed of
- Romani hockey player listed in Czech edition of Forbes "30 under 30"
- Romani activist Štefan Tišer has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Funeral for Jan Rác will take place tomorrow, Friday, 4 June, in Karviná, Czech Republic
- Funeral for Jiřina Šiklová to be held tomorrow in Prague
- Jan Rác, Romani activist and researcher, has passed away
- Czech Charter 77 signatory and sociologist Jiřina Šiklová has passed away, advocated for Romani equality
- Even in hell, she chose good: Alfreda Markowska, the Polish Romani woman who saved Jewish and Romani children from the Nazis
- Romani activist Rudolf Zajda has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Charlie Chaplin's granddaughters making documentary film about his Romani heritage
- Czech actress accused by fellow Instagrammers of racism for her comments about Black people on an American beach
- Popular Romani singer Bertík Girga posts emotional video from Czech hospital telling people COVID-19 is real
- Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic keeps winning with "Gitano" on his back and the Romani flag on his shorts
- Commentary: Senator infamous for antigypsyist remarks about the "cikánská question" joins regional party in the Czech Republic