FULL VIDEO: Commemorative ceremony honoring the memory of the Romani victims of the Holocaust at Lety u Písku
The traditional commemorative ceremony honoring the memory of the Romani victims of the Holocaust was held today at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic. The ceremony was organized by the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust (Výbor pro odškodnění romského holokaustu - VPORH), which brings together the Romani former prisoners of Nazi camps and their family members.
The ceremony was attended by many diplomats and by two ministers of the Government of the Czech Republic. News server Romea.cz broadcast the ceremony live online.
PROGRAM OF THE COMMEMORATIVE CEREMONY
- 12:00 – Czech national anthem, hymn by the Czech Romani concentration camp prisoners
- 12:10 – Welcoming of participants
- 12:15 – Laying of floral offerings at the memorial
- 13:10 – Sermon and prayer celebrated by Father Vojtěch Vágai
- 13:30 – Cultural program - Carlos Vlasak guitar trio
- 13:50 – Speeches
- 14:30 – Conclusion of the official part of the ceremony, tour of the memorial, voluntary departure to the village of Mirovice (2 km) to lay flowers at the mass graves of the child victims buried at the parish cemetery.
VIDEO - PART TWO
VIDEO - PART THREE
- Czech Government to resign: Technocratic cabinet could endanger the buy-out of the pig farm at Romani genocide site
- Czech Human Rights Minister says Government might decide to buy pig farm on Romani genocide site in June
- Stanislav Tomáš, who died in police custody, laid to rest in Teplice, Czech Republic. Civil society and his family call for his death to be properly investigated
- Traditional commemorative ceremony dedicated to the Romani victims of Nazism will be held on Sunday, 1 August at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- Czech local archive publishes digitalized records online of the former concentration camp for Romani people at Lety
- Memorial gathering at the site of Stanislav Tomáš's encounter with Czech Police turns into protest march stopped by riot units at police station
- ROMEA TV WILL BROADCAST LIVE 14:00 CET: Memorial gathering for Stanislav Tomáš in Teplice, Czech Republic
- Romani community turns site of young man's death in Czech town into a place of reverence
- Director of Jewish Museum in Prague responds to commentary by František Kostlán, says its remarks about him are "gossip"
- Even in hell, she chose good: Alfreda Markowska, the Polish Romani woman who saved Jewish and Romani children from the Nazis
- Czech Museum of Romani Culture commemorates Holocaust victims in online ceremony
- Czech documentary film LETY will screen online for free on 13 May, followed by live chat with producers
- Annual commemoration of the Holocaust of the Roma at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic, is postponed due to the pandemic
- Czech clergyman proposes the readers themselves choose the names of Holocaust victims to be read on Yom Hashoah this year, whether Jewish or Romani