VIDEO: March of Proud Roma begins International Romani Day celebrations
The "March of Proud Roma" is kicking off International Romani Day celebrations in Brno, Czech Republic today. The traditional Romani procession with a horse-drawn wagon on which musicians will play will leave the Museum of Romani Culture at 15:00.
ROMEA TV will broadcast the event live online. "We will set out together for Brno City Hall at Dominikánské nám. 1. At 17:00 the City Hall will fly the Czech and the Romani flags. We will sing the Czech and the Romani anthems together with the Divadlo Husa na provázku ensemble," the organizers said.
At 18:00 the Scala University Cinema will be dancing and singing to the music of Piroš Rouža. The celebrations will close with a screening of the film "Roma Boys - A Love Story", directed by Rozálie Kohoutová.
The Brno celebrations are convened by local organizations dedicated to integrating Romani people into society. For the full schedule of events around the country this week, please see this overview.
- International Romani Day 2019 - Events in the Czech Republic
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 17:30 CET: Prague begins celebrating International Romani Day
- Czech Republic: Romani students send video message for International Romani Day
- Czech Republic: More than 3 000 Roma celebrate International Romani Day on a square in Ostrava
- Romani activist Rudolf Zajda has passed away in the Czech Republic
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency and OSCE say governments must deliver aid to Roma affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- VIDEO: Igor Kmeťo, Jr., Monika Bagárová, Jan Bendig and others release new song for International Roma Day
- US administration greets Roma on 8 April, Romani flag up at the US Embassy in Prague
- Alexander Soros: We celebrate the identity, self-determination and unity of Roma, Open Society Foundations will always support them
- MEP Peter Pollák on World Roma Day: Mere declarations of willingness to solve problems not enough, it's time for results
- Czech Foreign Minister on World Roma Day: Fighting for equality is an integral part of Czech foreign policy
- Chair of the Czech Pirates: Let's not trip the Roma up, let's treat them with the dignity they deserve, as equals
- Czech ecumenical service sends wishes of good fortune and good health to Romani people on their day
- Czech activist on 8 April: the Romani position in society is deteriorating, zero results from the financing invested
- Czech actors send greetings to Romani people for 8 April, World Roma Day
- 50th anniversary of the international movement of Romani people celebrated worldwide