Postponed celebrations of International Romani Day to be held in Czech capital on 22 July
The Prague 4 municipal department and the initiatives Khamoro o.p.s. and Romské Akce (Romani Actions) are organizing an evening of performances they are calling Romský bašavel. The invitation calls on all who are interested to come celebrate International Romani Day, customarily held on 8 April and postponed this year due to COVID-19, and to enjoy a pleasant evening full of dance, music and song.
Bašavel will take place on Wednesday, 22 July from 17:00 to 22:00 at the Novodvorská Cultural Center, Novodvorská 1013/151, Prague 4. Entry is free of charge.
The event is being moderated by Emil Voráč of the Khamoro organization, based in Chodov, which is especially famous for the care it provides to children and Romani youth. Because of measures associated with COVID-19, the number of participants is limited and it is no longer possible to register online.
- Commentary: Romani actors should boycott Czech cop show over antigypsyist content
- ROMEA announces Romani Scholarship Program for 2020/2021 in the Czech Republic
- Miri Fajta, a Romani production company, wins Czech short film competition, could show at Cannes
- Roma youth build music school to bring people together in the Czech Republic
- Emil Voráč: In the Czech Republic, nonprofits able to integrate Roma are often blocked from financing
- Chair of the Pirate Party in the Czech Republic stands up for Romani activist assaulted by hateful attackers
- Czech racists physically assault Romani activist Jozef Miker while shouting antigypsyist abuse
- VIDEO: "Kneeling on the neck means death" - debut from Romani rapper Filip Šenki in the Czech Republic
- Czech art competition for works about the Holocaust of the Roma announces winners this week
- Romani child actor from The Painted Bird rejects tv role in the Czech Republic of "bad g*psy child"
- Slovak public broadcasting continuing children's television program in Romanes and Slovak
- Petr Horváth, founder of the band Gipsy Sendy, has passed away at the age of 45 in Slovakia
- Jarmila Balážová: What does the stormy debate in the Czech Republic about the TV series featuring Romani performers show us?
- Internet connects Holocaust remembrance sites to commemorate deaths of Theresienstadt "Family Camp" inmates at Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Czech Public Defender of Rights meets Romani community member Štěpán Kavur of the Buči association
- Legendary Romani musician Rudolf Bagár has passed away
- Romani actor to appear in latest installment of antigypsyist Czech film series made by former 'special school' teacher
- Zuzana Kumanová becomes the first Romani woman ever appointed to high office in Slovakia
- Romani singer sends message about COVID-19 from a Czech hospital: You do not want to catch this