Romani hockey player listed in Czech edition of Forbes "30 under 30"
Dominik Lakatoš was featured in the prestigious "30 under 30" list of the Czech edition of Forbes magazine in 2016.
Dominik Lakatoš, the 18-year-old hockey talent, has been chosen by the Czech edition of Forbes magazine as one of 30 young people who have reached the top of their professions before the age of 30. "At the age of two his parents put a football and a hockey stick in front of Dominik Lakatoš, he reached for the hockey stick and began his career in Kolín. In the seventh grade he began a series of big steps: Joining Liberec, playing as an adult, and his White Tigers uniform marked another jump to playing as one of the best forwards, thanks to which Liberec dominated the Extraliga. Possibly the most important such advance happened at the end of last year, when the 18-year-old became the first Romani man on the Czech Republic's hockey team and played in the World Junior Championship for those 20 and younger in Finland," the Czech edition of Forbes writes about the young Romani hockey player.
In April Lakatoš was named best rookie in the Czech Extraliga. That honor was just one more success in the long line of his achievements to date.
ryz, translated by Gwendolyn Albert
- Czech Republic: Romani ice hockey player Dominik Lakatoš is rookie of the year
- Highest-paid Hungarian footballer of all time is Romani
- Romani activist Rudolf Zajda has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Charlie Chaplin's granddaughters making documentary film about his Romani heritage
- Popular Romani singer Bertík Girga posts emotional video from Czech hospital telling people COVID-19 is real
- Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic keeps winning with "Gitano" on his back and the Romani flag on his shorts
- Commentary: Senator infamous for antigypsyist remarks about the "cikánská question" joins regional party in the Czech Republic
- Rajko Djurić, academic, author and former president of the International Romani Union, has passed away
- Forbes.cz: Romani celebrity Monika Bagárová is the third most influential person on Czech Instagram
- Romani activist, journalist, poet and translator Jan Döme Horváth has passed away in the Czech Republic
- The Central Council of German Sinti and Roma is deeply saddened by the death of Holocaust survivor and Roma civil rights activist Raymond Gurême
- Romani musician proposed for Czech state honors
- Martin Mata: Save your money, the pandemic will have an overwhelming economic impact
- Romani doctor in the Czech Republic: This work is enormously meaningful during the COVID-19 pandemic