Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic defeats competitor after 90 seconds
On Saturday, 24 April, the historic first-ever tournament under the auspices of the prestigious Asian organization called the ONE Championship, the second most famous martial arts organization in the world, was held at the Hotel International in Prague, with the high point of the event, called "Night of Warriors: Road to ONE" being the contest between Václav Sivák of the Czech Republic and Marian-Florian Soare of Romania. Sivák knocked Soare out in the first round, which means he remains undefeated among professionals in the sport.
Sivák laid into his competitor with great energy, and after 90 seconds of strong blows and kicks Soare was on the mat. The 21-year-old Romani community member from the Czech Republic, according to media reports, had not been planning for the duel to end early.
"I never do much planning. I always know once the match begins. I couldn't even tell if my knee was doing all right or not. This victory is for my grandfather, today is his birthday," Sivák told the press immediately after winning the match, which was held according to K-1 rules.
In 2019, Sivák became world champion of the World Association of Kickboxing Organizations at the age of 20 and is still amateur kickboxing's world number one. At the close of 2020 he also became the Czech Republic's national champion in classical boxing.
- Romani kickboxer wins quarter-final of cage match on Czech-Slovak OKTAGON MMA show, withdraws after injury
- Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic keeps winning with "Gitano" on his back and the Romani flag on his shorts
- Romani kickboxer becomes Czech champion in classical boxing as well, will the big promoters notice?
- Czech millionaire goes undercover as part of new reality show, volunteers at Romani boxing club, then surprises them with a donation
- More than one Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic wins events in the WAKO K-1 WORLD GRAND PRIX 2020
- "Gypsy King" Tyson Fury defeats Wilder to become world boxing champion
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin wins gold in Sarajevo
- International Romani amateur boxing match won by team from Slovakia
- England: Czech emigré of Romani origin establishes boxing team for children from the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- UK boxer of Irish Traveller origin Tyson Fury met his fans in Prague
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin to compete next week at MMA gala in Prague
- VIDEO: Kickbox champ of Czech Republic wins again, celebrates with the Romani flag
- Romani kickbox champ of Czech Republic celebrates victory at Muay-Thai evening in Slovakia with Romani flag around his shoulders
- Czech and Romani-Slovak rappers box each other in front of sold-out arena in Prague
- Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
- Czech Republic: Boxing club gets boys and girls off the streets of excluded localities
- Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
- Stanislav Tomáš, who died in police custody, laid to rest in Teplice, Czech Republic. Civil society and his family call for his death to be properly investigated
- Romani residents of infamous Czech housing estate are repairing dilapidated buildings themselves with the help of the town hall
- 70+ Romani students attending Czech colleges applied to the ROMEA organization's scholarship program this year
- Czech Senate committee recommends compensation for the illegally sterilized, final word will rest with the Senate as a whole
- Czech Police reject request for a second autopsy of the late Stanislav Tomáš, whose funeral will take place on Saturday, 24 July
- NGOs from four countries reject David Mezei's threats and vulgar attacks as endangering the investigation of the death of Stanislav Tomáš
- Czech attorney for the family of Stanislav Tomáš has requested a second autopsy - Romea.cz refutes disinformation being spread by Facebook LIVE broadcasters
- Romani community members rescue children from apartment fire on Czech housing estate
- Kosovo: Demonstrators call for investigation into the death of Stanislav Tomáš, who died in police custody in Teplice
- Czech tornado has left many homeless, including Romani widow with six children
- Roma Lives Matter demo in Czech capital hears eyewitness testimony that Stanislav Tomáš was carried motionless on a stretcher into the ambulance
- European capitals see unprecedented wave of solidarity with Czech Roma and protests over the death of Stanislav Tomáš