VIDEO: Commemorative ceremony at the former Lety concentration camp attended by 200 people
Yesterday about 200 people traveled to Lety u Písku, Czech Republic, to the site where, during the Second World War, a concentration camp for Romani people was located, in order to honor the Holocaust victims of Romani origin who suffered and died there. On this occasion, the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust, chaired by Čeněk Růžička, presented its Award for Humanity in memoriam to the late entrepreneur and philanthropist Dr Alfred Bader, who established the Bader Philanthropies foundation.
Yechiel Bar-Chaim accepted the award on behalf of the foundation. "We have given this award to Alfred Bader in memoriam. He established a foundation supporting projects in different states endeavoring to improve co-existence between majority societies and Romani people," Růžička told news server Romea.cz.
ROMEA TV broadcast the entire ceremony live. The Ambassador of the United States of America and other dignitaries attended.
- LIVE AT NOON TODAY: Commemoration at the former concentration camp for Roma in Lety, Czech Republic
- Commemoration at WWII-era concentration camp for Roma in Czech Republic to give Award for Humanity in memoriam to Dr Alfred Bader
- Czech MP compares French President Macron to Hitler at commemoration of the Nazi occupation, Czech Defense Ministry distances itself
- Czech capital sees commemoration of parachutists who assassinated Nazi leader in 1942
- Public discussion reviews Czech and Slovak policies and practices of commemorating the Holocaust and its Romani victims
- LIVE BROADCAST TONIGHT: Contemporary research of the Holocaust, Romani victims, and their public commemoration
- Czech commemoration of Holocaust at Terezín Memorial will again not feature the Romani flag
- VIDEO: Commemorative ceremony at Lety u Písku and tour of the former pig farm
- Traditional commemorative ceremony for the Romani victims of the Holocaust 13 May at Lety will launch new award
- Gallery in Czech capital to host discussion about new memorial commemorating the Romani genocide
- Czech PM to attend commemorative ceremony to honor Holocaust victims who are Romani
- Czech Republic: Commemoration of Romani partisan will plant tree in his honor
- PHOTOGALLERY: Commemorative ceremony honoring the memories of the Romani victims of the Holocaust at Lety u Písku
- Czech researcher at Romani genocide commemoration: Compensate the victims of illegal sterilizations
- FULL VIDEO: Commemorative ceremony honoring the memory of the Romani victims of the Holocaust at Lety u Písku
- Traditional commemorative ceremony dedicated to the Romani victims of Nazism will be held on Sunday, 1 August at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- Czech local archive publishes digitalized records online of the former concentration camp for Romani people at Lety
- Czech Museum of Romani Culture commemorates Holocaust victims in online ceremony
- Czech documentary film LETY will screen online for free on 13 May, followed by live chat with producers
- Annual commemoration of the Holocaust of the Roma at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic, is postponed due to the pandemic
- Czech clergyman proposes the readers themselves choose the names of Holocaust victims to be read on Yom Hashoah this year, whether Jewish or Romani
- Prague Forum for Romani Histories: Joint commemoration of the Jewish and Romani victims of the Holocaust should inspire others
- Terezín Initiative in Czech Republic does not want Romani names included in Shoah commemoration, director of its Institute disagrees
- American author Paul Polansky has passed away
- Romani film festival in Berlin gives special recognition to film about removing pig farm from WWII-era concentration camp site in Czech Republic
- Documentary on WWII-era concentration camp for Roma in Czech Republic screening TONIGHT ONLINE
- Gwendolyn Albert: "I believe the illegally sterilized women will be compensated"