More than one Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic wins events in the WAKO K-1 WORLD GRAND PRIX 2020
Václav Sivák (21), a Romani kickboxer from the Czech Republic, gave his rival no chances during the finals of the WAKO K-1 WORLD GRAND PRIX 2020 and defeated him with a fast, hard knockout. Saturday night's contest featured another Romani competitor as well, Douglas Daňo, who won in the weight category of up to 63.5 kilograms.
Last year Sivák became the WAKO world champion and number one amateur in the world, the first-ever Kickboxing World Champion from the Czech Republic. In the Prague match on Saturday he demonstrated his clear dominance in the sport.
Lithuanian contender Erlandas Kaminskij stood no chance against Sivák and the match ended after 28 seconds in which the Romani kickboxer landed three hard punches and a kick to win. Sivák first hit his opponent eight seconds into the contest, knocking him to the mat. Kaminskij got up and was sent back down two seconds later. The Lituanian then took about 10 seconds to slowly get back on his feet, and when the referee decided to let him keep fighting, he received a final hard kick from Sivák that ended the match.
Saturday evening also saw victory for another Romani kickboxer, Douglas Daňo of Rokycany, Czech Republic. He defeated Pavel Zdeněk in the final of his weight category.
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin wins gold in Sarajevo
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin to compete next week at MMA gala in Prague
- VIDEO: Kickbox champ of Czech Republic wins again, celebrates with the Romani flag
- Romani kickbox champ of Czech Republic celebrates victory at Muay-Thai evening in Slovakia with Romani flag around his shoulders
- Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
- Romani scholarship recipient plans to work on AI at Czech university
- Brooke Pavek, an American with Romani roots, has more than 700 000 social media followers
- Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic defeats competitor after 90 seconds
- Prague Forum for Romani Histories: Joint commemoration of the Jewish and Romani victims of the Holocaust should inspire others
- Terezín Initiative in Czech Republic does not want Romani names included in Shoah commemoration, director of its Institute disagrees
- Czech 2021 Census: Video instructions for the online form available until 9 April, answers to basic questions
- Czech and Slovak youth have different attitudes toward minorities - Czechs are more LGBT-tolerant, Slovaks more tolerant of immigrants or Muslims
- Romani organizations launch campaign about the census that "features" Czech President Zeman
- American author Paul Polansky has passed away
- Czech footballer Ondřej Kúdela, centre-back for Slavia Prague, accused of racism in Glasgow
- Romani kickboxer wins quarter-final of cage match on Czech-Slovak OKTAGON MMA show, withdraws after injury
- Chess player, age 11, is a Romani talent from Slovakia who is defeating adult competitors