More than one Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic wins events in the WAKO K-1 WORLD GRAND PRIX 2020
Václav Sivák (21), a Romani kickboxer from the Czech Republic, gave his rival no chances during the finals of the WAKO K-1 WORLD GRAND PRIX 2020 and defeated him with a fast, hard knockout. Saturday night's contest featured another Romani competitor as well, Douglas Daňo, who won in the weight category of up to 63.5 kilograms.
Last year Sivák became the WAKO world champion and number one amateur in the world, the first-ever Kickboxing World Champion from the Czech Republic. In the Prague match on Saturday he demonstrated his clear dominance in the sport.
Lithuanian contender Erlandas Kaminskij stood no chance against Sivák and the match ended after 28 seconds in which the Romani kickboxer landed three hard punches and a kick to win. Sivák first hit his opponent eight seconds into the contest, knocking him to the mat. Kaminskij got up and was sent back down two seconds later. The Lituanian then took about 10 seconds to slowly get back on his feet, and when the referee decided to let him keep fighting, he received a final hard kick from Sivák that ended the match.
Saturday evening also saw victory for another Romani kickboxer, Douglas Daňo of Rokycany, Czech Republic. He defeated Pavel Zdeněk in the final of his weight category.
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin wins gold in Sarajevo
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin to compete next week at MMA gala in Prague
- VIDEO: Kickbox champ of Czech Republic wins again, celebrates with the Romani flag
- Romani kickbox champ of Czech Republic celebrates victory at Muay-Thai evening in Slovakia with Romani flag around his shoulders
- Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
- Stanislav Tomáš, who died in police custody, laid to rest in Teplice, Czech Republic. Civil society and his family call for his death to be properly investigated
- Slovakia: Drunken, knife-wielding man threatens to kill Romani children for being in a park and is now in custody
- Romani residents of infamous Czech housing estate are repairing dilapidated buildings themselves with the help of the town hall
- 70+ Romani students attending Czech colleges applied to the ROMEA organization's scholarship program this year
- Czech Senate committee recommends compensation for the illegally sterilized, final word will rest with the Senate as a whole
- Czech Police reject request for a second autopsy of the late Stanislav Tomáš, whose funeral will take place on Saturday, 24 July
- NGOs from four countries reject David Mezei's threats and vulgar attacks as endangering the investigation of the death of Stanislav Tomáš
- Czech attorney for the family of Stanislav Tomáš has requested a second autopsy - Romea.cz refutes disinformation being spread by Facebook LIVE broadcasters
- Romani community members rescue children from apartment fire on Czech housing estate
- Kosovo: Demonstrators call for investigation into the death of Stanislav Tomáš, who died in police custody in Teplice
- Czech tornado has left many homeless, including Romani widow with six children
- Roma Lives Matter demo in Czech capital hears eyewitness testimony that Stanislav Tomáš was carried motionless on a stretcher into the ambulance